• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAY 2 HRH-SPIDEY Hear We Come

Cast

DS - 10
DD - 11
DD & DW (40's)

Woke up around 8:30. Everyone showered, changed and off we went to IOA. Noone wanted breakfast. They wanted to do some rides, then eat. Found the easier way to walk to the parks by taking a right not a left after going through the gate at the back of the pool. I would estimate that it saves you 5 minutes of extra walking. The pathway to the left is much prettier, but we were all anxious to start.

First up was the Hulk. I went to the bakery and got 2 coffees. I do not do upside down rides. DH and kids went on the ride. By the time I sat down to wait for them they were off the ride. Kids went on again and DH & I enjoyed our coffee. After Hulk, we did Spidey. I just love that ride. It is the best ride I have ever been on including anything in WDW. I was feeling guilty about doing Spidey again as the wait was already 45 minutes. So we decided to go back to the bakery and enjoy those great cinammon buns. Yum Yum.

Next we went to the water rides. It was very hot that day so ripsaw falls was just what we needed. After that we headed to the JP ride. I know everyone loves it but for me this ride is just okay. Of course when you only wait 5 minutes to get on the ride, it seems much better.
We saw Posedions Fury which was a much better show than it was last year and kids went on dueling dragons. First up ice, then fire. They both liked fire better. It seemed the 2nd time they went there were some line jumpers, and everyone had to wait a bit longer. My son said they were put to the back of the line. GOOD FOR SECURITY. After that we had had lunch in Confiscos. Kids had PB&J and chicken fingers, DH& I had club sandwiches. We all had sodas. Food was good and it felt great to be in A/C. We decided to go back to the hotel & take a swim.

Pool is nice but I feel it is not deep enough. I know many of you have stated the same thing.
Unfortunately, the day we were there a 12 yr old boy knocked his front tooth out. The rumor had it that he was doing flips and I guess he hit bottom. Now if the pool was deeper I believe this would not have happened. Our second part of the trip was spent at Poly and their pool is the same. I guess this is the wave of the future. For me, I find it not refreshing at all. Especially when you have to be on your knees to get cooled off. I prefer a 8 ft deep section of the pool anyday. The slide was good but nowhere as good as the volcano slide in the Poly.
After a swim, DH & DS played life sized chess. My son said it was a bit confusing with the life like pieces. But he is just a beginner. DD& I played pingpong and then we let them go into the arcade while the adults had some margarittas at the poolside bar. The place was hopping and we had to wait about 10 minutes to get served. No problem we were on vacation and not in rush to go anywhere.

After pool time we relaxed a bit, showered and changed. We spent the evening at Citywalk and wound up eating in HRH. Food was great, our server was extremely efficient and funny,
Turned in early (around 9:30 pm). We only had one night left at HRH and we were going to try and get up early.

Was the chess game still missing a purple "knight" ? It was missing while we were there.

I personally like the shallow pool, I dont have to worry about dodging kids doing cannonballs on my head. We were invited to a reception with the hotel managers, they were picking our brains about likes, dislikes, etc. They did ask about the pool, I told them I liked the shallow pool. They said that this is the future of pools in the hotel industry. I did stay in the deep end....I think it was 4'6"....I enver tried out the slide, but DD and DH loved it.

Patty

Patty,

Per my son all pieces on the chess boardd were intact. I am surprised you like the shallow pool. Personally for me, it is like being in a baby pool. Kids were still jumping in all around me and I felt you got knocked around more from people because it was harder to swim in the low ends. Maybe oneday they will create a quite pool and make that deeper.

Maybe they could build a deep pool, just for adults, that would keep everybody happy.

I am glad they found the "knight", we were laughing at the hotel managers party about where it could be. We were all coming up with some strange scenarios!!

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter