• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day 1, Friday Aug 17, 2001 What do you mean the bags are….

Cora

Constantly in trip planning mode...I want to go aw
The Cast: Me, Mom 39yrs old, anal
DH, Frank, Hubby, 43 tolerates me!
Anthony, DS, 7 1/2yrs loves Disney thinks
everyone goes there on vacation!

Since Oct 99, this is our 5th trip. We are finding that we really take it easy and by pass rides/attractions if there is too long a line. The touring has become more leisurely and we are starting to do other things than just the parks!

We have a mid-afternoon flight so DH goes to work til Noon and Anthony and I get some last minute stuff done. 1:00pm arrives the car is here and we’re off! Arrive at airport. No problem with any flights down. But we arrive at MCO and guess what no bags only the booster seat is here. We get paged to United’s Baggage Service area, our bags are on the next flight. So we head to Emerald Aisle, pick up a nice Bonneville (pickings were slim, but it was 8:30pm) and head to the Hard Rock Hotel. We arrive and notify Bell Services about our bags. Check-in is a breeze. Loews had sent me an email saying if you brought your kid’s report card and it had at least one “A” they would get something special at check-in. He got a cute bag filled with goodies. Bracelet, blowup guitar, cool rocker sunglasses, a pen, etc. So up to our room. We’re on club level. We arrive and our room is very nice. Overlooks the pool. We have 2 bathrobes and a CD player. At check-in you get a CD, I had that thing playing constantly, plus there is a selection of CDs in the Club Lounge that you can take to your room. Turndown service had been done and they left Anthony a necklace and bracelet. Each appropriate for a boy or girl.

We head to the club lounge to see what there is. Frank and I are tired and the staff was great they got him a beer and me wine, even though it’s not offered at that hour. Anthony had milk and cookies, yummy.

Well, off to bed…hope the bags arrive…oh and yes they did at 1:30am and they were brought straight up!

Wow what a way to start your trip, atleast you got the car seat!Glad they got delivered up to your room! Otherwise you might have all been wearing Hard Rock Hotel Shirts the next day! Just Joking!

Sounds like you are off to a good start! Off to read your next post! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter