Day 1 – 6th July we’re heading for Disneyland, whose turn to be sick!

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Day 1 – 6th July we’re heading for Disneyland, whose turn to be sick!

Cast members

Me – Disney fanatic - I stomped through Disneyland Paris in 1997, since why come to a theme park when you’re in Paris, yes really!
Diane (DP) – Long suffering Disney widow, buts loves it all anyway
Morgan (DD) – 7 year old Disney fan. Favourites BTM, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jack (DS) – 5 year old Disney, Star Wars and Power Rangers fan. Favourite Autopia
Robyn (DD) – 3 year old Disney fan. Loves parades and Casey Jr

We’re up at 4.30am and after showering wake up the kids. :Pinkbounc
Breakfast, pack the car and we are ready to head of at 5.45am. Jack does not eat anything and announces that he is feeling sick as we are getting ready to leave.
We travel with a tub for most of the journey, as Jack is determined we have to go to Disney but does not look forward to the car and flights.
Arrival at the airpark 1 hour later and the heavens have opened :confused3 Wait 5 minutes for next courtesy bus as the previous one only had space for 3.

BMI flight departs on time and is uneventful. Thankfully cases are booked in and we won’t see them till CDG. Fayre on the flight is pannini ham & cheese toastie.
We had a couple of hours to kill at Heathrow before the next leg of the journey to CDG.
Lunch was planned to be something nice to start off the holiday, but as Jack availed himself of one of the BMI “travel bags” the rest of us had to settle for a takeaway kid’s meal from Burger King.

We arrive at CDG 10 minutes late, but that is not too much of a problem - or so we thought.
Our hire car was a Renault Scenic booked through AVIS on-line with 3 car seats (2 boasters and a child seat). AVIS have a peculiar system. They wait until you arrive and after completing the paperwork phone for the car to be delivered from the storage area, rather than have it waiting for you. When the car arrived the child seat cannot be fitted as there are no instructions and we can find no method of anchoring it in place. The staff says they are not allowed to fit seats; presumably in case there is an accident. But since we are getting frustrated, one of the staff members decides that the best method is to wrap the seatbelt as many times around the car seat to make it work. At this stage I spot that the harness is fitted at the lowest level for a newborn – definitely Robyn is not big but at 3 we would be pushing it for her to fit. They phone for a replacement seat to be delivered. After a time a seat arrives and the supervisor tries to fit it for us, but admits defeat. We spot that one of the harnesses does not have a buckle to go in the clip so have to wait for a third seat to be delivered.
Diane fits this one.
In all, we are in Terminal 1 CDG car park for over an hour. Kids, mum and dad by this time had lost all the magical feeling of where we were heading. I don’t tend to fallout with people easily but when pushed the Glasgow Keelie come out in me :crazy:
They offer us discount on the seat hire (we are €84 for the 3 seats) so we will have to wait until the credit card bill comes in to see how apologetic they were.

We had a fear of getting lost inside CDG and spending days trying to get out, but with the directions from www.disneylandparis.com we arrived at Davy Crockett ranch within 30 minutes.
Check in was quick and easy. A nice CM explained all the attractions, the keypad barrier entry and gave us maps of the village (is this new) and Disneyland park, along with details of Val d’europe and Sealife centre. Our cabin was 1534 and on the Coyote Trail.
f33916dc.jpg

Our earlier plan was for me to go to Auchan and buy some food, wine – essentials while Diane unpacked and then off to the Village for supper. But as it was now 7.00pm and we had been on the go for 14 hours we decided to stay at the Ranch. We headed off for a quick explore and then off to the Crockett Tavern. By now Jack was hungry as he had not eaten all day. So he went for a favourite of spag bol while the girls went for fish and chips. We both had Davy Crockett’s. A frying pan dish of half a chicken and help yourself to potatoes, chips, corn on the cob, green beans and bread. Since the car had been safely parked for the night we enjoyed a carafe of red wine.
3 County Bears arrived about 8.00pm, although they were not that good at going round the tables but our seasoned campaigners prevailed and got the autograph of one.
f33916b5.jpg

A quick look around the shop and we head back to the cabin and the troop are sound by 9.00pm.
f33916c8.jpg

We are here but until we get to the park will not feel like we have arrived.
More tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about the car mix-up, i hope they do give you the discount!

Great report so far - i love reports with pictures! Look forward to your first 'proper' day of reporting!

Nightmare with the car seats!! Can't wait to see the rest of the report, I sense its going to be a good one :flower: .

Oh this is so good already Reid - I feel like I can really experience it all with you. The pictures do bring it all to life too. Looking forward to day 2!!!

Great start to the trip report, need to get the others typed we go next Sunday :cool1: sorry only kidding.
What was the cabin like, sounds like the food is 'normal' my father is a very fussy eater, nothing spicy, no garlic etc.
Sounds like a bit of a rough start to the hol but you look back and it starts to become funny!
Anthony

Poor you - not the best start to the holiday! Hope Jack got better quickly. Your cabin looks fun - I'm looking forward to hearing a bit more about Davy Crockett (I hope!)

Thanks Reid. :)

Looking forward to reading the rest! :flower:

(Am I the only person who finds the Country Bears a little scary? :guilty: )

Bonnie said:
(Am I the only person who finds the Country Bears a little scary? :guilty: )

I don't find them particularly scary Bonnie, but they are certainly NOT attractive!!

We stayed at Davy Crockett's this last time in February, and now I wish we had tried Crockett's tavern - your report makes everything sound so good! :goodvibes

And what would a holiday be without those wonderfully helpful carhire companies!! :rolleyes2

looking forward to the next installment - no pressure, you understand!

Brilliant 1st instalment Reid.:goodvibes Sorry to hear about Jack being ill and the annoying mess-up with the car seats, hopefully those will be the only mishaps on your holiday. Can't wait for the next part.:sunny:

Reid, I have just spent the last half hour looking at your holiday photos! They are absolutely fantastic!!! :)

Thanks for that last post Elaine - I hadn't spotted that link! I've also just spent a happy 10 minutes or so having a quick flick through them all - will have a better look later. There are some really wonderful pictures there Reid - I love the ones of the children with the characters - especially the one with Mickey where he's giving Robyn an enormous hug - it's so good of all of them! :love: And the one with Pluto is brilliant too. The ones from Panoramagique give such a good overview of the whole park - I can't wait to go on it - hope it's still working in November! Is that you on some of them Reid? (I seem to remember your brother was going to join you). Sorry - just being nosey but I do like to be able to put faces to names!!!) :) I hope the Incredibles are still about in November too. Thanks again for all the lovely piccies!!

Great start Reid - though I do hope that noone else is going to be poorly (judging by the title :( )

Thanks for the comments. I've still got a week left off from work so reports might be a bit slow as we'll be going to cinema, swimming pool etc.

The food offerings at the Tavern should not prove too difficult for most eaters.

Di - the picture of Scroogie is my brother and his wife. Only one of me i think since I much prefer to be taking the photos :teeth:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter