Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone

Earning My Ears
Saw a rendering of a mid century "cabin" at Fort Wilderness. Is that a serious plan?
If so, apparently someone does not know what Walt Disney knew about history and Forts and wilderness.
This in no way; shapevor form looks like a log cabin out west when we were forming as a nation.
I am appalled. 😔

Saw a rendering of a mid century "cabin" at Fort Wilderness. Is that a serious plan?
If so, apparently someone does not know what Walt Disney knew about history and Forts and wilderness.
This in no way; shapevor form looks like a log cabin out west when we were forming as a nation.
I am appalled. 😔
Have you seen what's out there now?

I am SO glad you joined TODAY @1975. :flower1:

For YEARS folks have complained on the DIS about the DE-theming of Disney (WDW) resorts. And few noticed.

Davy Crockett and Danny Boone have been long gone. You need to go online and BACK DATE some posts to build some support for the status quo. We would love to see these folks around the campground again.

You DON'T want to be accused of creating a LOCUS IN QUO. :sad2:

Walt left Marceline decades ago and died in the 1960s and imposters are in the CEO and COO offices now (and have been for decades). The only GOOD thing is that the Fort has been ignored by Disney for SO long (and the cabins are not an original WALT creation) that if the cabins come/go/change, not that many people care. Some will but the VAST bulk of the campground will survive and thrive even if they bulldoze the area behind Pioneer Hall any further. Please find a campground loop to "hang out" in. You will probably find ME in the site next to you.

Carry on.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I am SO glad you joined TODAY @1975. :flower1:

For YEARS folks have complained on the DIS about the DE-theming of Disney (WDW) resorts. And few noticed.

Davy Crockett and Danny Boone have been long gone. You need to go online and BACK DATE some posts to build some support for the status quo. We would love to see these folks around the campground again.

You DON'T want to be accused of creating a LOCUS IN QUO. :sad2:

Walt left Marceline decades ago and died in the 1960s and imposters are in the CEO and COO offices now (and have been for decades). The only GOOD thing is that the Fort has been ignored by Disney for SO long (and the cabins are not an original WALT creation) that if the cabins come/go/change, not that many people care. Some will but the VAST bulk of the campground will survive and thrive even if they bulldoze the area behind Pioneer Hall any further. Please find a campground loop to "hang out" in. You will probably find ME in the site next to you.

Carry on.

Bama Ed
I stopped crying..yes, really did..i have such sweet memories there with my late husband. The steam train; little brown busses with real cowboys driving them (they would go back out west during summer)..Terry Trail loop with real trailers to rent; i've seen the progression. Ice cream on the back porch of the meadow trading post when the snack bar was inside. The geese that would hiss on the bridge to the campfire show because they were spoiled rotten and wanted your popcorn. The idea is for it to be an old wild west town with the settlement. The new horse barn isnt right either...waaaay too modern. Golf carts are nice but there used to be none of that or cars..they were parked and we all were "immersed" into a peaceful town. The lawnmower that the tree grew around. A launch that took you to the Poly and Contemporary too.
Have a Disney Day!
That's what the saying was when you could feel Walt's signature on it all and the sky was blue and the smell of bacon cooking and steam boat whistle....💝

I don't know what you mean by "progress"?
Were you being comical or serious...
Change for change sake is worthless and in this case has no architectural value with the theme and degrades what was perfect.
More in keeping with Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge...
Hopefully, the rest will not be ruined.

Change for change sake is worthless and in this case has no architectural value with the theme and degrades what was perfect.
yah… I think it was a sarcastic “progress” by MCO

comical.

Change costs money. Disney doesn't change just to change. They change because they think they can make more money doing things this way vs that. Customer service/appeal now takes a back seat to $. :(

comical.

Change costs money. Disney doesn't change just to change. They change because they think they can make more money doing things this way vs that. Customer service/appeal now takes a back seat to $. :(
All through the history of businesses all over the world, you see where success leads to failure. I think what happens is that when money seems to come easily, management becomes lazy and self-satisfied. No doubt DIS is a successful company, having been in business for 100 years.

Eisner's first 10 years and Iger's first term were among the most successful periods in the company's history. Innovation, new projects, cast members that really liked their work, etc.

That spirit has to be captured again, no question.

All through the history of businesses all over the world, you see where success leads to failure. I think what happens is that when money seems to come easily, management becomes lazy and self-satisfied. No doubt DIS is a successful company, having been in business for 100 years.

Eisner's first 10 years and Iger's first term were among the most successful periods in the company's history. Innovation, new projects, cast members that really liked their work, etc.

That spirit has to be captured again, no question.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. They don't have to re-invent the wheel, just re-invigorate and re-vive the company that once was. Give the CMs a reason to come to work and be excited again to be a part of it all, besides just a paycheck, give us the guests reasons to continue spending our vacations there.

Greed rules the day, agendas in the interest of small groups overrule rather than the whole and good of all. And Disney is no exception to this.

I for one, going back to the original poster comments, prefer the aww shucks mentality of FW, the presence of Davy Crockett at Crocketts Tavern, the feel its a family place of escape.

I am a DVC owner and can tell you I hated the idea of them building a DVC resort on FW property. Not so sure how I feel about the cabins either other than I sure wish they would stick to some sense of a Wilderness feel. Most points I own at VWL(I refuse to call it Boulder Ridge)and can tell you, back in the day, those rooms were as Wildernessy as you could get. Copper Creek got homogenized and much to many dislikes, VWL got recent refurbs and is more homegenized than it was. I love that resort and love when we had a connection to FW via trails and boats. I miss those days.

So I hope FW will stay as quaint as it can be and Wildernessy as it can be too. No Fake Trees!!

I agree wholeheartedly with this. They don't have to re-invent the wheel, just re-invigorate and re-vive the company that once was. Give the CMs a reason to come to work and be excited again to be a part of it all, besides just a paycheck, give us the guests reasons to continue spending our vacations there.

Greed rules the day, agendas in the interest of small groups overrule rather than the whole and good of all. And Disney is no exception to this.

I for one, going back to the original poster comments, prefer the aww shucks mentality of FW, the presence of Davy Crockett at Crocketts Tavern, the feel its a family place of escape.

I am a DVC owner and can tell you I hated the idea of them building a DVC resort on FW property. Not so sure how I feel about the cabins either other than I sure wish they would stick to some sense of a Wilderness feel. Most points I own at VWL(I refuse to call it Boulder Ridge)and can tell you, back in the day, those rooms were as Wildernessy as you could get. Copper Creek got homogenized and much to many dislikes, VWL got recent refurbs and is more homegenized than it was. I love that resort and love when we had a connection to FW via trails and boats. I miss those days.

So I hope FW will stay as quaint as it can be and Wildernessy as it can be too. No Fake Trees!!
We've never stayed at FW, but have been to the Hoop De Do Review several times, and eaten at the WL and had a drink at the Trail's End.

The WL architecture is reasonably true to the Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone. We were fortunate enough to stay there at Yellowstone a couple of years ago. If Teddy Roosevelt had walked into that great lobby, it wouldn't have been out of place at all.

I understand folks who like a wilderness feel when they visit FW. After all, that's the whole point of "camping out" to begin with.

I still miss Mike Fink's Keelboats in the Magic Kingdom.

I clicked this forum topic thinking it was something to do with Disney Legend Fess Parker's two most significant roles as Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone.

I stopped crying..yes, really did..i have such sweet memories there with my late husband. The steam train; little brown busses with real cowboys driving them (they would go back out west during summer)..Terry Trail loop with real trailers to rent; i've seen the progression. Ice cream on the back porch of the meadow trading post when the snack bar was inside. The geese that would hiss on the bridge to the campfire show because they were spoiled rotten and wanted your popcorn. The idea is for it to be an old wild west town with the settlement. The new horse barn isnt right either...waaaay too modern. Golf carts are nice but there used to be none of that or cars..they were parked and we all were "immersed" into a peaceful town. The lawnmower that the tree grew around. A launch that took you to the Poly and Contemporary too.
Have a Disney Day!
That's what the saying was when you could feel Walt's signature on it all and the sky was blue and the smell of bacon cooking and steam boat whistle....💝
Don't forget Marshmallow Marsh and the milk truck that delivered bottles of milk to your site :) Those, indeed, were the days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter