"David's Vacation Club Rentals" ever used it?

I have looking at this website, has anyone ever used Davids Vacation Club Rentals ? If so, good? bad??
Please let me know
I was looking at AK Villas club level
also can someone tell me the difference between club and concierge? is there a difference, and whats the perk to that versus the Savannah view?
Thanks in advance
:goodvibes

There are only five two bedroom lockoffs (meaning a studio connected to a one bedroom) with three savanna view and two pool view at Jambo House on the sixth floor. They go very quickly at 11 months out. So, unless you have a member with AKV points who can book it at 8AM online 11 months out from your arrival, you probably won't get it. Even then, you might not get it if it your first night was booked as someone else's second, third, fourth, etc night since they can book a seven night stay.

With these DVC villas, you cannot request pool or savanna view. You just get what you get. These savanna view villas have a somewhat blocked view by the roof overhang. You get access to the club lounge on the same floor as these villas, daily full cleaning and turn down service. You can book the Sunrise Safari when you stay in these villas (I think it is about $60 per person).

Any word on trouble with availability of points? I thought I had read that people were putting in reservation requests only to find that David's didn't have points available as opposed to actual room availability??? True???

Any word on trouble with availability of points? I thought I had read that people were putting in reservation requests only to find that David's didn't have points available as opposed to actual room availability??? True???

We thought we would try for bay lake tower this time, and at the 11 month mark we called- nothing available. There was a loooooong wait list and we were asked if we wanted to wait on it. Then they recommended we call back at the 7 month mark, and we did, thinking we would not be able to get it and had our back ups set up. Lo and behold, calling 7 months to the day they were able to get us set up with bay lake tower.

So far it's been a fantastic process. And you can link your reservation with the disney website, so you can visually see that they have your reservation in your name, so that eases anxiety for us.

David's company is based on other DVC members offering him their points to rent out. He has a few of his own that I have heard about, but basically, he doesn't own the points that are used to make the reservations. He just works as a broker to match up members with non-members.

If a member hasn't decided not to use their points at more than 11 months out, he doesn't have the points to make a reservation. And I think a lot of members might even try to "rent out" their own points first. Why give David his cut of the deal and they can get full payment at once instead of getting half now and the other half when the reservation starts.

Yes, very true. This happened to me and I was completely blindsided by it. I put in my request weeks ahead of the 11 month window opening because I wanted a club level studio at AKL. I was told no problem. My window opened and I did not hear anything the first day, then I received an email saying it was already all booked up for my first night a day later. A few emails went back and forth (her encouraging me to email right away - I did and had to wait hours to get a response. I even called just to be told that they prefer to have emails so there is a trail, fair enough) and during these hours further days booked up until there was nothing for my week at all in a Club Level Studio. At one point after being handed over to a supervisor or manager (I was pretty upset when I found out all had been booked while we were emailing back and forth even though they had my request in their hands) they asked WHY I wanted Club Level which I thought was odd. It is a celebration of my birthday, but it shouldn't matter, right? I wanted to stay club level, knew over a year in advance, put my request in a couple weeks prior to my window so they had advanced knowledge my reservation would need X number of points on Y day and had the money to pay so why would it matter?

I was beyond disappointed but it is as everyone has said - if they do not have the points they do not have the points. I am OK with that. What upset me is that I was not TOLD they did not have them so I could temper my expectations ahead of time. Then I had the lady telling me over and over time is of the essence, contact me right away, just to have to wait AND she STILL never told me they did not have the points, even as they were being booked up and I kept being informed as they slipped away. This was for late January, so I really had no idea they would sell out in under 24 hours either even AFTER not being aware that they did not have points for my reservation but I guess that is how the cookie crumbles even in the off season.

Aside from the bitter taste that left in my mouth they are generally very great, very considerate, and very professional. I have had zero issues with the reservations up until now (we have used them twice before) and have no worry that there will be any issue with my reservation that I ended up with in January. :thumbsup2

...I was beyond disappointed but it is as everyone has said - if they do not have the points they do not have the points. ...

With such limited inventory in the JH/AKV Concierge studios (five total, but some might be reserved as part of a two bedroom villa and they might all have been reserved any of the six days before), why wouldn't you have gone for the sure thing, a concierge room at AKL with a guaranteed savanna view? It would have cost more, but it would have been guaranteed.

I booked with David's. I was not going for club level, but just a standard studio. Everything went seamlessly with no problems at all. We loved staying at a Deluxe resort for what we usually pay at a moderate. I did book several months out.

I first approached David's looking for a 2 bedroom at BCV from 10/16-10/23 on 1/6. There were no points available, so I opted to join the wait list. On 1/20, the 2 bedrooms sold out, and they hadn't gotten points ( :sad1: ) , so we decided to go on the waitlist for a 2 bedroom at WLV and that came through 2/16.

Used David's last year, fantastic and will use again! A 2 bdrm at BLT for 4 nights then moved to a 2 bdrm AKL savannah for three nights.....perfect trip!

I rent my DVC points through them. Very good from my standpoint if that means anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter