DAS registration

I have a question to ask if it's ok for me to reply here as it's same topic.

If you get declined DAS on video does that mean your tickets get void and you won't be allowed back in or is it just if you are caught out inside the park?

I have a question to ask if it's ok for me to reply here as it's same topic.

If you get declined DAS on video does that mean your tickets get void and you won't be allowed back in or is it just if you are caught out inside the park?
Lots of ppl. get declined, no issue with that. That's Disney just telling you they don't believe your disability needs a das. There is nothing wrong with asking.

They took out the “only”. 😯 But in the video Amy from touring plans did, posted separately, Disney told her only DD.
The info (2;52 Eastern Time) 4/11/24 includes an "only;"

DAS is one of the programs offered at Walt Disney World Resort theme parks intended to accommodate only those Guests who, due to a developmental disability like autism or similar, are unable to wait in a conventional queue for an extended period of time.

We are a family of 5, 3 kids. Most of the time one parent has to run behind to catch up to the DD4 who has sensory and elopement issues while the second parent stays in line with the other kids. This party of 4 max is really not going to work for us. DS7 does have educational autism (highly consistent) and just diagnosed (not medically). I don’t even know if he would qualify. They should word it to limit adults maybe but not kids.

So there is now strict criteria and people with other genuine medical issues that preclude them from queuing up are out of luck?

We are a family of 5, 3 kids. Most of the time one parent has to run behind to catch up to the DD4 who has sensory and elopement issues while the second parent stays in line with the other kids. This party of 4 max is really not going to work for us. DS7 does have educational autism (highly consistent) and just diagnosed (not medically). I don’t even know if he would qualify. They should word it to limit adults maybe but not kids.
We are a family of 7 or 8 (one kid hasn't gone the last few trips) and they have always added all our kids without us even asking. They would just start scanning all their MBs (we always did it in-person). Hoping it is still that easy.

Just spoke with a CM via chat and 2 adults with multiple kids have a good chance of getting an exception (limited available). That was reassuring.

We just skipped the bigger rides even though DS7 would qualify for DAS now. We didn’t know he had autism and he has done the roll around on the ground never ending tantrum at Epcot (we just left the park), not exiting the Soarin line (he freaked out after it and just wouldn’t move; too heavy to lift with my back issues) and the throwing mask in line and screaming and occasionally doesn’t listen when he is in his own mind thinking (lots of repetition from us) but is a good kid majority of the time.

I don’t want to have 2 kids on the call (you wouldn’t be able to hear anything with both fighting) so we will just get DAS for DD4.

Last edited:
So there is now strict criteria and people with other genuine medical issues that preclude them from queuing up are out of luck?
I don’t think that’s true. They included the wording of some of the disabilities but they didn’t say everyone else will not qualify. I believe it’s a case by case basis.

CFE6B689-3801-40F6-AA4B-4F2998EB715D.jpeg

Last edited:
We are a family of 7 or 8 (one kid hasn't gone the last few trips) and they have always added all our kids without us even asking. They would just start scanning all their MBs (we always did it in-person). Hoping it is still that easy.
I believe the in person at Guest Services will not be available. But there will be iPads to chat with a DAS planner. I think I was still banking on in person as well (vs the 2-3 hours hold on chat).
060C6E34-9AC4-43A7-8B0E-49FCCF024D3B.jpeg

I believe the in person at Guest Services will not be available. But there will be iPads to chat with a DAS planner. I think I was still banking on in person as well (vs the 2-3 hours hold on chat).
Yes, which is one of my biggest issues with this new change. I much prefer to do it in person. I'm assuming they will do all the linking during the video chat and I can confirm if they will let us all on it at that time. I will say that our one trip to DL was the exception, they would *not* allow us to go over the 6 person limit, even though they were all our minor children. Luckily my mom was with us and had her own pass she could put some of them on. Hoping WDW isn't going to take this hard stance going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter