DAS is getting an Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted in the TPAS, that Disney's Genie announcement said that if a DAS representation (or any claims to receive one) has been made and found to be false at any point, Disney will bar that guest from the parks.

To put that in the Genie announcement means fraud has to have been up this summer, since I don't think I've seen them ever be so explicit...

View attachment 598102

Yeah, I wondered if that was new wording. It wasn't in the Genie announcement though, it was under DAS. How will they determine that someone has lied?

Yeah, I wondered if that was new wording. It wasn't in the Genie announcement though, it was under DAS. How will they determine that someone has lied?

I'm not sure...but it's obviously now going to be an emphasis point for the program in some way...

Won’t this cause rampant DAS abuse? You can register virtually in advance so you don’t even have to be in person…I think making people pay for genie+ and 2 headliners is unfortunately going to cause more jerks to just lie. Especially with the two passes made in advance.
Yeah. I think Tik Toks and blog postings have already been made about how to do this. I’m not sure what word to use but slimy doesn’t cover it.

Won’t this cause rampant DAS abuse? You can register virtually in advance so you don’t even have to be in person…I think making people pay for genie+ and 2 headliners is unfortunately going to cause more jerks to just lie. Especially with the two passes made in advance.

You are getting your pic taken in advance by those you talk to...and you will make representations to that cast member.

When you show up, I'm sure the 1st "fraud" watch will be to verify the pics...

If it's not you, the DAS holder, I'm sure they will bar you and whoever showed up as you.

I’m thinking the advance video registration is just another obstacle to obtaining the DAS for many

Have lost count of hours into days I’ve spent trying to get thru to WDW re getting AP issues settled. How many people have that amount of time to spend attempting to set up a video conference? WDW isn’t generally acknowledged as an IT powerhouse. Remains to be seen how this functions.

the 50th is fast approaching. Many of us are heading down in less than 30 days. Seriously hope they don’t attempt to set up the process mid September. Just too many people will be trying to set things up before the kinks are worked out.

I also think the CMs by virtue of video, vs being mindful of having a long line at GS, will have the opportunity to possibly delve a bit more into the guest’s reasons for requesting the pass. This vs the generally rubber stamping of renewals most report now experiencing.

Happy thots

Exactly. And the ability to make the reservation from the app for free.

I’m thinking the advance video registration is just another obstacle to obtaining the DAS for many

Have lost count of hours into days I’ve spent trying to get thru to WDW re getting AP issues settled. How many people have that amount of time to spend attempting to set up a video conference? WDW isn’t generally acknowledged as an IT powerhouse. Remains to be seen how this functions.

the 50th is fast approaching. Many of us are heading down in less than 30 days. Seriously hope they don’t attempt to set up the process mid September. Just too many people will be trying to set things up before the kinks are worked out.

I also think the CMs by virtue of video, vs being mindful of having a long line at GS, will have the opportunity to possibly delve a bit more into the guest’s reasons for requesting the pass. This vs the generally rubber stamping of renewals most report now experiencing.

Happy thots

So true. It's going to be a nightmare, at least in the beginning.

And yes, last time we were there they did not ask any questions at all, even though there was no one else waiting (we were renewing).

I’m very glad to hear that anyone making false statements will be barred from the parks. They should have done that all along. I actually think there are some great things here. Making your return time from the app anywhere in the park will be awesome.

Happy thots

I hope not. They’re a theme park not my Physician. It was already difficult for me to explain and I’d hate for someone to push me for more information that I frankly don’t think they need. The ability to quickly renew without having to relay my issues was such a stress relief.

Happy thots

It's not really an obstacle though, because you can still get a DAS in person, the same way you do now.

Questions:
are advance DAS rides free? Or an upcharge like the day of tier 1 rides?

are self scheduled/same day return times based on standby times or the genie+ lightening pass return times? Will webe getting genie+ for free vs paying 15$/day for each of our family members?

My guess is that the advance DAS rides will be the same tier 2 rides that one can get on Genie, not Genie+ Lightning Lane

I hope not. They’re a theme park not my Physician. It was already difficult for me to explain and I’d hate for someone to push me for more information that I frankly don’t think they need. The ability to quickly renew without having to relay my issues was such a stress relief.

I totally get that, I truly do, but they should be asking about why a guest needs a DAS. Not details about the medical issue itself, as in diagnosis, but why the disability, whatever it may be, makes it necessary for you to wait outside the line. Especially now that DAS offers a benefit that non-DAS users have to pay for. Otherwise, the added incentives under the new program will open it up to more abuse, which makes for a worse experience for all guests.

My guess is that the advance DAS rides will be the same tier 2 rides that one can get on Genie, not Genie+ Lightning Lane

I must have misread but I didn’t think you could get any rides for free on the Genie. There are the ones you can get for the $15/day flat rate and the ones where you have to pay by individual ride. What can you get with just the Genie (for no cost)?

Both of those options use the lightning lane.

Someone posted in the TPAS, that Disney's Genie announcement said that if a DAS representation (or any claims to receive one) has been made and found to be false at any point, Disney will bar that guest from the parks.

To put that in the Genie announcement means fraud has to have been up this summer, since I don't think I've seen them ever be so explicit...

View attachment 598102
Not necessarily more abuse this summer.
They could be anticipating that some people without disabilities will be more aware of DAS and will possibly see it as an attractive enough option to the new Genie Program that they are willing to lie.
Questions:
are advance DAS rides free? Or an upcharge like the day of tier 1 rides?

are self scheduled/same day return times based on standby times or the genie+ lightening pass return times? Will webe getting genie+ for free vs paying 15$/day for each of our family members?
From the website, DAS ADVANCE selections are a ‘perk’ of pre- registering by a virtual live video chat. Guests can only get those by doing the virtual live video chat 2-30 days before the park visit.
I can see several reasons for the live chats (besides freeing up in park Guest Relations staff) - one reason would be that there could be a smaller number of staff doing the virtual live video chats, which could lead to more consistency.

DAS Advance selections are separate from DAS Return Times. According to the website, DAS Return Times will work the same as they did previously:
- Any member of the DAS guest’s party can make a DAS Return Time.
- The Return Time based on the Standby wait time
- ONLY one active DAS Return time is allowed at a time
- The guest DAS was registered to must be riding
- DAS Return Times are valid until used or until the end of the day

The big change to DAS Return Times is that guests will be able to make, cancel or modify them on the Genie app

What can you get with just the Genie (for no cost)?

Not much. Basically just their version of Touring Plans. You'll input your interests and they'll give you an itinerary.

From the website, DAS ADVANCE selections are a ‘perk’ of pre- registering by a virtual live video chat. Guests can only get those by doing the virtual live video chat 2-30 days before the park visit.
I can see several reasons for the live chats (besides freeing up in park Guest Relations staff) - one reason would be that there could be a smaller number of staff doing the virtual live video chats, which could lead to more consistency.

My question: 2 advance selections for the whole trip? Or per day? Will they have to be in the same park, or could I choose one from MK and one from HS on a different day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter