DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

My trip is May 27 and 28th, we are Passholders, and they said it expired June 25th. So 30 days from first park day. That's been how it's always worked (count from 1st park day) except it used to be 60 days
I understand that -- except the WDW website indicates it is valid 30 days from registration date during this time until the new rules take effect. So it seems to be a gray area if they are granting a different expiration for APs for trips starting in late May. Those registering for trips starting from April 9th through now (or thru 5/19) have only been granted 30 days from start date even for APs.

Those who pre-register under the new rules should have DAS valid for up to 120 days with an AP.

Can I make the call for mid-June while holding an active DAS?
Not sure if it's different for APs, but in the fall we (non-APs back then) renewed our DAS while our previous one was still active. The CM was a bit confused at first since she saw we already had an active one, but after explaining that it expired before our next trip she got it set up for us.

Not sure if it's different for APs, but in the fall we (non-APs back then) renewed our DAS while our previous one was still active. The CM was a bit confused at first since she saw we already had an active one, but after explaining that it expired before our next trip she got it set up for us.
Thank you - exactly what I was wondering! If I have time next week and the wait isn’t long, I’ll give it a try.

I understand that -- except the WDW website indicates it is valid 30 days from registration date during this time until the new rules take effect. So it seems to be a gray area if they are granting a different expiration for APs for trips starting in late May. Those registering for trips starting from April 9th through now (or thru 5/19) have only been granted 30 days from start date even for APs.

Those who pre-register under the new rules should have DAS valid for up to 120 days with an AP.
What if the registration date is the first date you’re going for, because that’s what you are registering for? Just a thought.

One thing I still haven’t figured out, but maybe someone here has…

I (AP) currently have an active DAS that coincidentally expires May 19 (or 20 - I’m not entirely sure.) I’m loosely planning a day visit at WDW in mid-June. Can I make the call for mid-June while holding an active DAS? I had it in my head that I had to wait until my current 30 days expires - but I have no idea where I got that, as I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere. I was mostly waiting in hopes that increased staffing after the May 20 changeover would result in shorter hold times, but it sounds like people are getting through pretty quickly already now.
I have not seen it on anything official, but I have seen people post that they were told they had to wait until it expired.
There have been multiple recent posts on Facebook pages saying that
The same thing happened to us a year ago (AP holders). My daughter's DAS was not expired when we re-registered, but would expire before our trip.
The CM seemed a little confused, but did re-register DD.

Exactly. It’s an unpublished grey area and no one should count on it.
I'm not sure what you are exactly referring to

Sadly, people these days are bound to ruin any system like that.

Especially on an airline like Southwest where there’s such a clear advantage to being able to board early.

I bet other airlines have a similar policy and don’t see even a fraction of that kind of abuse.
When coming back from Jamaica on a Southwest flight last year I actually heard a guy say he was going to go and tell them he had a disability and needed to pre-board. His wife said you don't have a disability. He was like, "I know, but they don't." Needless to say they were in row 1. But....that's off topic so I will stop now.

When coming back from Jamaica on a Southwest flight last year I actually heard a guy say he was going to go and tell them he had a disability and needed to pre-board. His wife said you don't have a disability. He was like, "I know, but they don't." Needless to say they were in row 1. But....that's off topic so I will stop now.
The one good thing is that anyone who preboards can’t sit in an exit row.

Sadly, people these days are bound to ruin any system like that.

Especially on an airline like Southwest where there’s such a clear advantage to being able to board early.

I bet other airlines have a similar policy and don’t see even a fraction of that kind of abuse.
We o basically only ever fly southwest, and now that Dd is older we do use pre boarding for her as it's challenging for her to navigate aisles when the seats are full. We've never seen hoardes of pre boarders. And these are flights from a major east coast SW hub to MCO and LAX (and back). Yeah we've seen a couple of people in wheelchairs, and maybe 3-4 like us not in wheelchairs - but hardly hoardes and certainly not enough to disrupt boarding for 10 or more rows. SW also limits the preboarding to the disabled person and one companion - so even when it's just the 3 of us flying, only DH and DD preboard, I then join them from wherever my seat position is.

While I don't dispute massive amounts of preboarding may happen sometimes, I think the internet can also make it seem like it's happening all the time when it isn't.

We o basically only ever fly southwest, and now that Dd is older we do use pre boarding for her as it's challenging for her to navigate aisles when the seats are full. We've never seen hoardes of pre boarders. And these are flights from a major east coast SW hub to MCO and LAX (and back). Yeah we've seen a couple of people in wheelchairs, and maybe 3-4 like us not in wheelchairs - but hardly hoardes and certainly not enough to disrupt boarding for 10 or more rows. SW also limits the preboarding to the disabled person and one companion - so even when it's just the 3 of us flying, only DH and DD preboard, I then join them from wherever my seat position is.

While I don't dispute massive amounts of preboarding may happen sometimes, I think the internet can also make it seem like it's happening all the time when it isn't.
Also it’s not always disabilities. Sometimes you’ll have situations where people stop but don’t have to change planes and still have to get off if there’s a delay. Those people usually preboard.

My experience registering for DAS yesterday- non developmental disability

Logged on @ 7:am. Done by 7:10 a.m. Qualified for a trip beginning June 7th, preselected attractions and am an AP (non-activated yet). Was told would be good for 30 days after first park day.

Glad it worked out for you

So, good to go u til July 7?

If so, I’m even more confused now & need to go back & reread sticky lol

Last edited:
Glad it worked out for you

So, good to go u til July 7?

If so, I’m even more confused now & need to go back & reread sticky lol
I can confirm--also registered today (well tonight) for trip beginning June 8--non developmental disability; party of 3. Logged in at 9:30pm. Done by 9:40pm. Was not really interested in pre-selections but the CM stated she'd just mention the popular ones to see if anything sounded appealing and before I knew it, we were all done. DAS holder + 1 other guest have APs, the 3rd guest has park hoppers for the length of the trip. She was very clear that the "DAS will expire 30 days from the 1st park day, on July 7". "When you renew, it will be good for 120 days."

My experience registering for DAS yesterday- non developmental disability

Logged on @ 7:am. Done by 7:10 a.m. Qualified for a trip beginning June 7th, preselected attractions and am an AP (non-activated yet). Was told would be good for 30 days after first park day.
You and I are twins LOL

Just finished. Logged in at 7 a.m., first park day June 9. Pre-selected attractions with cast member and told my DAS was good for 30 days after June 9. Finished at 7:15, non-developmental disability, AP holder (active). BTW, CM could not have been sweeter! I travel solo so my anxiety level was high.

Don't know what this will look like for my trip in September but am relieved for June, at least.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter