Dan was supposed to do his Driver Exam today

TimNDansMom

DIS Veteran
but when we got to the place there was "closed" sign stating that all driver exams were cancelled due to the power outage. It never occured to me that the driver exam centers would be closed and he had a driving lesson yesterday and his instructor obviously didn't know about this either.

We had booked the appointment back in May for the Tillsonburg driver exam center because it was sooner than here in Woodstock. We are to call the office when the Ministry is back up and running to find out about rescheduling. Even though I'm not terribly anxious for Dan to get his driver's license, I hope he doesn't have to wait another 3 months for an appointment!

That's too bad Julie...I know he was all prepared. Good luck re-booking...I hope he doesn't have to wait too long.

Hope that they can reschedule within a reasonable time frame.

More time for you to drive the car!

Scratch
:smooth:

I hope Dan's able to get an appointment soon ... I know they can be difficult to book sometimes, but I've heard the waiting list isn't as long when you book outside of Toronto.

You know, my mom didn't want me to get my driver's license either... once I did she had me picking up groceries, dropping off my sister, running errands etc... so maybe it won't be that bad *lol* :p

I called today and there is now a message about rescheduling the missed appointments on a first come basis when they are open again. I hope that's Monday.

It is bittersweet Janet, but now I just want to get this over!

I was thinking that same thing Vicky, I wonder how long I can get Dan to run errands for me before he "catches on"? ;)

Hi Julie,

DS just told me his girlfriend has her G rescheduled for Wednesday (was suppose to be during the power outage) so some offices must be up & running....looks like they're doing a good job of getting the cancelled ones in right away.

Good luck.

That's good to hear, Susan. I'm not sure if we're supposed to go down in person or if they will answer the phone. The message today said they were closed so I hope to hear a different message or talk to a live person on Monday. I'd prefer not to have to drive to Tillsonburg just to reschedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter