Dallas/Ft. Worth Area Dis Meet - 8-12-07

Grapevine works well for those of us who are a little farther west. Anyone have any new ideas for good meeting places? Someplace big with tables they can move around for us (like at La Hacienda Ranch) works well. It was kind of hard to visit with everyone at Mimi's since we just had a bunch of small tables.

Logan's :confused3?

Well, the weekend before Halloween is October 27/28 and the weekend before Thanksgiving is November 17/18 (that's the 3rd weekend).

When can you come? You already know we want you to be able to make it out ::yes::.

October 20th anyone :confused: ? Saturdays are better for me, and either really early lunch or mid-afternoon work best for avoiding the lunch crowds and getting the seating we need.

California Pizza Kitchen
1051 Highway 114 West
Grapevine, Texas 76051
817-481-4255

Cotton Patch Cafe
"4020 William D. Tate, Suite 200"
Grapevine, Texas 76051
817-545-5511

Love & War in Texas
2505 Grapevine Mills Circle East
Grapevine, Texas 76051
972-724-5557

Or the new place called Bone Daddys..

California Pizza Kitchen
1051 Highway 114 West
Grapevine, Texas 76051
817-481-4255

Cotton Patch Cafe
"4020 William D. Tate, Suite 200"
Grapevine, Texas 76051
817-545-5511

Love & War in Texas
2505 Grapevine Mills Circle East
Grapevine, Texas 76051
972-724-5557

Or the new place called Bone Daddys..

Any of these 4 picks sound fine with me. If I have to chose one, I pick Cotton Patch Cafe (not sure why, but is sounds pretty fun).

How about on a Sunday like we did the last ones? Like maybe October 21 or 28? I'm pretty flexible! :cheer2:

We had a meet at a Cotton Patch 3 years ago ( http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=682425&page=2 ) at 11 a.m., and it worked well.

If we meet on a Sunday, I have to be gone by about 4 because our only church service is on Sunday evenings. The other problem with Sundays is the huge church-crowds at the restaurants (from about 11-3) can make it harder for us all to get to sit together, plus I would guess that some DISers go to church and couldn't be there for a really early lunch (anyone?). But if Sundays work best for people, I can try. What does everyone think? Saturdays or Sundays?

I probably have to go to Oklahoma for my niece and nephew's bday party on the 20th of Oct. His bday is the 16th and hers the 21st, so I'm sure they'll do their party (they always combine them) on that weekend.

But don't move any date on my account. I have the memory of a .......what's something that forgets a lot?.............well anyway I forget a lot.

We leave for Princess Sophia's first trip to WDW on 10/27! :yay: (And we're going to be there for my birthday the following weekend, too.)

Sunday meets are better for us since OF works on Saturdays until 1:30 or so, but could probably get to a Saturday meet if it's later in the afternoon. I don't think we'll be able to make a late October Saturday meet though, since we've got a wedding to attend on the 20th. (OF says he'd much prefer a DIS meet, but I don't think he can get out of going to the wedding.)

I am open for both Saturday and Sunday.

If I had to choose, I would say Sunday around 2:00 pm. That way the Church crowd will be smaller (I would think) and Krista can still join us before she goes to Church.

Sooo, how does this sound to everyone . . .

Sunday, 21 October -- 2:00 pm

Cotton Patch Cafe
4020 William D. Tate, Suite 200
Grapevine, Texas 76051
817-545-5511

Is that good?

The 21st is good for us!! It's Sara's 15th birthday and I know she would love to spend it with the DFW DISers:cake: The last weekend in October we are going to a state cross country meet in San Antonio and the following two Saturdays are cheer competitions in town.

Well, guess I'll have to make the one after the holidays, that's the only weekend I couldn't go. I'll meet you guys eventually. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter