Daily showers are purely ‘performative’ and have no real health benefit, experts insist

[Quote from article]
When asked about addressing critics, he told Vice: “Tell anyone who mocks you that they are betraying profound ignorance of the skin microbiome, and then walk away.”

That person needs to learn the proper words and how to take a shower daily.

I am envious of people who can wash their hair less often! I know it is better for your hair, but my scalp is so oily I have to wash mine every day. I hoped as I got older it might get better, but nope. I did have to change my shampoo and conditioner because my hair does get a bit dry, but my scalp stays as oily as ever.

As for showering, always once a day, and twice if I sweat on my nightly walk!

I am envious of people who can wash their hair less often! I know it is better for your hair, but my scalp is so oily I have to wash mine every day. I hoped as I got older it might get better, but nope. I did have to change my shampoo and conditioner because my hair does get a bit dry, but my scalp stays as oily as ever.

Same here. I can maybe go longer if I'm somewhere dry, but normally I need to at least somehow treat it once a day.

The best comment I saw in response to this was, "Clearly the author hasn't been to an anime convention."

Showers are good, there's no need to overthink it.
The last con I went to had signs literally BEGGING people to shower and use deodorant.

The author has also never been to WDW, especially on the bus/monorail after a park day. The monorail in particular smells like an anime convention.

The last con I went to had signs literally BEGGING people to shower and use deodorant.

The author has also never been to WDW, especially on the bus/monorail after a park day. The monorail in particular smells like an anime convention.
I go to two showers during particularly busy Disney days. The monorails definitely need better ventilation too.

All this "to help the environmental" BS...water goes back into the environment after being treated. Do they wash and dry their clothes or hang them on the line?
:laundy:

I wonder, how large is the footprint of their homes? Do they use A/C or heat in their homes? Drive big SUV's?

Honestly tired of these celebrities telling others what to do!

Same here. I can maybe go longer if I'm somewhere dry, but normally I need to at least somehow treat it once a day.
me too! I wash my hair daily! Maybe once a month (like yesterday...) if staying at home I will put it in a ponytail and not wash it. But that is maybe 5-6 times a year.

Seriously. The monorail smells like a mixture of pee, sweat and a grandma's closet.

r.e. bold -- I liked my Grandma's closet

p.s. - I shower at least once a day. TODAY will be 2 times because I went out at 12:21AM for 4:05:34 riding 62.26 miles and showered after and will shower before going to bed.

I CAN NOT STAND climbing into bed dirty after a whole day's worth of life. Always wondered if those who only shower after waking up at least wash the sheets every day 'cause the crud from a day of living gets ground into the sheets while sleeping.

Last edited:
The only time I shower daily is when we’re vacationing in a hot climate, and then it’s more for cooling off than scrubbing up.
Oh yeah! Vacation! Beach days once daily to rinse off salt water. Disney days (and Vietnam in the summer) twice daily to cool down and rinse off. Still rare soap (and haired areas only as it was once explained to me by a physician) skin is too dry for more often.

First of all - if I read the article correctly, even if you don’t shower daily per se - one could/should use a soapy washcloth to clean…
But for me, I take a shower and wash my hair every night and sleep with it wet - always have - I’ll take a second shower and wash my hair if I get sweaty or am going out in the evening.

r.e. bold -- I liked my Grandma's closet

p.s. - I shower at least once a day. TODAY will be 2 times because I went out at 12:21AM for 4:05:34 riding 62.26 miles and showered after and will shower before going to bed.

I CAN NOT STAND climbing into bed dirty after a whole day's worth of life. Always wondered if those who only shower after waking up at least wash the sheets every day 'cause the crud from a day of living gets ground into the sheets while sleeping.
I don’t get crud from sitting at a desk all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter