D23

WeLoveABD

DIS Veteran
And ABD advantage to being a D23 member? (I'm not aware of any--but never hurts to ask)

And I'll toot my own horn here: got a questions answered in the D23 "Ask Dave" column in the most recent D23 web posting (about Walt Disney and Walter Knott). Woo-hoo!

I haven't seen any ABD offers through D23, and I've been a D23 member since March.

I have wondered, though, about D23 and ABD in regards to the Backstage Magic tour, which my daughter and I took in August. If D23 continues to offer archives and studio tours for its members, will that dilute the value of the ABD tour? I know those D23 studio events sell out quickly and they're not offered continuously, but they're free to anyone with $75 (D23 yearly dues) and a fast internet connection. Can anything keep D23 from expanding its tours to Imagineering or Jim Henson Studios?

I'm not knocking D23. I originally thought it was a money grab, but I eventually joined and have attended a few events.

I haven't seen any ABD offers through D23, and I've been a D23 member since March.

I have wondered, though, about D23 and ABD in regards to the Backstage Magic tour, which my daughter and I took in August. If D23 continues to offer archives and studio tours for its members, will that dilute the value of the ABD tour? I know those D23 studio events sell out quickly and they're not offered continuously, but they're free to anyone with $75 (D23 yearly dues) and a fast internet connection. Can anything keep D23 from expanding its tours to Imagineering or Jim Henson Studios?

I'm not knocking D23. I originally thought it was a money grab, but I eventually joined and have attended a few events.
Is there any benefit to D23 for someone who no longer lives in LA, and only makes it to Disneyland once every 3 or 4 years? I'd been toying with joining, but wasn't sure I could see the advantages.

Thanks,
Sayhello

I'm down in San Diego and get to Disneyland a couple of times a year--but have yet to attend a D23 event. I joined for the novelty of it--and the quarterly magazine, which I really enjoy.

Is there any benefit to D23 for someone who no longer lives in LA, and only makes it to Disneyland once every 3 or 4 years? I'd been toying with joining, but wasn't sure I could see the advantages.

D23 has held events in places besides LA such as Walt Disney World and NYC. If I'm not mistaken, I think they even held a special event at a Lion King showing in Anchorage. That said, I think D23 has been Disney-park centric to date so if you don't live in California or Florida, it might not be worth your while if you're interested in the events.

The magazine is beautiful and the articles are entertaining. D23 also has members-only merchandise, if you're into that. I joined to have access to the events. I live in the Bay Area, but I'm from San Diego so I'm always game for a trip home.

D23 has held events in places besides LA such as Walt Disney World and NYC. If I'm not mistaken, I think they even held a special event at a Lion King showing in Anchorage. That said, I think D23 has been Disney-park centric to date so if you don't live in California or Florida, it might not be worth your while if you're interested in the events.

The magazine is beautiful and the articles are entertaining. D23 also has members-only merchandise, if you're into that. I joined to have access to the events. I live in the Bay Area, but I'm from San Diego so I'm always game for a trip home.
I'm from LA, but I live in Ohio, so the chance of me being in LA or Florida at the same time as a D23 event is highly unlikely, unless it were by accident. :) The magazine sounds cool, but would it really be worth $18.75 per issue?

Sayhello

No. Nice as it is, I don't think it's worth $18.75. And if you were to buy every issue separately for that price, you might as well join the club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter