D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event 8/9/24-8/11/24 **Tickets on sale 3/26** **Sold Out on 3/29**

Omg so late to the game with hotel bookings but luckily just grabbed Hilton Anaheim. Debating if I should do another hotel for pre-stay for Disneyland before hand. How far is it from the hotel to Disneyland if you walk? Previously last expo I had Westin Anaheim but that wasn't available. Is there hotels that are closer to Honda civic center? I didn't realize they were doing another part besides the convention center.

Omg so late to the game with hotel bookings but luckily just grabbed Hilton Anaheim. Debating if I should do another hotel for pre-stay for Disneyland before hand. How far is it from the hotel to Disneyland if you walk? Previously last expo I had Westin Anaheim but that wasn't available. Is there hotels that are closer to Honda civic center? I didn't realize they were doing another part besides the convention center.
The Hilton is at the convention center, it’s maybe a 10-15 min walk to Disneyland depending on how fast you walk.

We had planned a trip to Disney before finding out D23 is at the same time. Does anyone know from past experience whether the parks are a lot busier during the event, and if so, any thoughts as to which days might be especially busy?

We had planned a trip to Disney before finding out D23 is at the same time. Does anyone know from past experience whether the parks are a lot busier during the event, and if so, any thoughts as to which days might be especially busy?
It usually doesn’t affect park crowds by much. It may just get a little busier in the evenings around fireworks but with the addition of the Honda center portion there may not be many people in the park that are going anyways.

I am going for the very first time. I have medication I MUST take. Is a lounge fly backpack allowed at the convention center? Also, will a scooter be allowed in there?

Thanks much. This is my very first time at the event. I will be on vacation March 26. I sure hope I don’t screw up the time zones and get tickets!

Does anyone know what time these tickets go on sale? I will be flying home from NYC that day.

The event at angel stadium is not really connected to the expo, I think the concern is the portion of the expo that will be at the Honda center which has a very restrictive bag policy.
Honda Center has a no bag policy.

No Bag Policy
For all events at Honda Center, bags and purses can be no larger than 5 in. x 9 in. x 2 in. to be permitted and are subject to manual inspection - this includes clear bags. All other purses/bags/clutches will not be allowed into the venue. Backpacks of any size are not permitted.
Honda Center does not offer a bag check.
Guests who require a diaper bag or purse/bag for medical items, such as prescription medication, breast pumps, and other special medical equipment, are permitted to bring a bag no larger than 12 in. x 12 in. x 12 in. These medical and diaper bags must undergo additional screening and inspection.

For questions, please email contactus@hondacenter.com.
For a complete list of prohibited bags and items, click here.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is it odd that we’re now in March and they still haven’t announced any more details? Simple things like types of tickets and pricing?

I’m hoping the Sorcerer’s Pass comes back, never got a chance to get it. But I assume they’ll just do Preferred Seating again.

If nothing else, I’d expect a FAQ and notes on what time tickets go on sale, the process, etc.

Is it just me, or is it odd that we’re now in March and they still haven’t announced any more details? Simple things like types of tickets and pricing?

I’m hoping the Sorcerer’s Pass comes back, never got a chance to get it. But I assume they’ll just do Preferred Seating again.

If nothing else, I’d expect a FAQ and notes on what time tickets go on sale, the process, etc.
I think they are scrambling to figure out how they are doing the 2 venues. Other than their wanting more money, preferred seating may not be necessary at the Honda Center. There may be some value in the other venues.

I think they are scrambling to figure out how they are doing the 2 venues. Other than their wanting more money, preferred seating may not be necessary at the Honda Center. There may be some value in the other venues.
The value for me with preferred was a guaranteed seat. I missed it last time but would try again.

The value for me with preferred was a guaranteed seat. I missed it last time but would try again.
I just don't know if the guaranteed seat for the big panels will be as necessary with those being at the gigantic Honda Center. We had it, and it was really nice for the configuration last time. I am not sure if the smaller/medium panels that will probably be at the ACC will need guaranteed seats. Plus, they weren't full guaranteed. You still had to get there at least 30-45 minutes before the panel to ensure they didn't give away your seat to someone in the regular section.

I just don't know if the guaranteed seat for the big panels will be as necessary with those being at the gigantic Honda Center. We had it, and it was really nice for the configuration last time. I am not sure if the smaller/medium panels that will probably be at the ACC will need guaranteed seats. Plus, they weren't full guaranteed. You still had to get there at least 30-45 minutes before the panel to ensure they didn't give away your seat to someone in the regular section.
Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but even though I assume you're right about the larger panels I don't know they'll actually give us that amount of detail in the next three weeks. I hope they do, but... time is running out. As long as I'm wishing knowing beforehand which panels will be live streamed would help me tons also. ^^;

Getting there 30-45 min beforehand is fair; it takes time to load the room. I'd have much rather showed up 30 min early than around 4am for a 'maybe I'd see something' at 10am.

All that said I got EXCEPTIONALLY lucky and the randomized drawing gave me my two must sees anyway so it all worked out in the end without having to spend more money. I didn't get any smaller panels or the giveaways, oddly.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but even though I assume you're right about the larger panels I don't know they'll actually give us that amount of detail in the next three weeks. I hope they do, but... time is running out. As long as I'm wishing knowing beforehand which panels will be live streamed would help me tons also. ^^;

Getting there 30-45 min beforehand is fair; it takes time to load the room. I'd have much rather showed up 30 min early than around 4am for a 'maybe I'd see something' at 10am.

All that said I got EXCEPTIONALLY lucky and the randomized drawing gave me my two must sees anyway so it all worked out in the end without having to spend more money. I didn't get any smaller panels or the giveaways, oddly.
They did already say that the big panels would be at the Honda Center in the evening and the ACC would be for the rest. However, they haven’t said anything else and probably will only tell us what time tickets go on sale and what the ticket options are. They may mention a lottery, but I thought we didn’t find out about it har until June or July last time. I doubt they will tell us about live streaming yet. I thought that was usually a week before maybe.

Even with the premiere pass, I didn’t get a single panel through the lottery. I know, small inconvenience, but I only got to see the big panels.

Here's another wrinkle. Since the major panels will be in the Honda Center, what panels/events will be in the large Hall D23 that use to hold those major panels? Honestly, I enjoyed the smaller panels and lucked out getting 2 of them in the last lottery. The bottom line is that this year's event has a lot of new questions (transportation, location, pricing, tiers) unlike previous ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter