D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up in great seats for parks and resorts! Excited for my first hall d23 panel. Beyond exhausted but so far we've gotten to do everything we've wanted, and with amazing seats. *knocks on wood*
The line management for Parks worked so much better than anything yesterday. Much less confusion on everyone's part. I can only hope they keep this up for tomorrow's shows.

Also, this isn't a "no recording" panel, so for those of you who didn't get in or decided to skip it, we can all keep you updated.

Suddenly I'm acutely aware of how cold it is in this hall. I know everyone said dress warm, bring layers, etc., but I'm normally constantly hot and sweaty. Yet now it feels like I'm back home in Connecticut in February. I really wish I'd followed that "bring a jacket" advice.

Should have called the Parks Panel - Disney World only announcements. I get it's their 50th Anniversary coming up, but geez, nothing for any other parks? No love for Anaheim, that's for sure. Moving the parades around and re-naming Paradise Pier, who-hoo? The Marvel announcement was beyond disappointing, wonder if they are saving that for Comic-Con.

I was so happy with Parks being my only big panel of the weekend. And I have a hard time seeing the downside to World getting some love considering the state of those parks right now. With AK having been a mess for 5 long years, Studios being a parody of a theme park for going on 2 years, and Epcot just slowing eroding, those parks need some good news in the worst kind of way. Sorry if that offends anybody, but that's how I feel.

The line management was great ... unlike most everything else I've done thus far ... and the whole thing went off without a hitch. The Fantasmic thing sort of leaked ahead of time but was certainly a nice touch, as was the pin. And the fire hose of news was great too. Still having trouble digesting all of it.

Should have called the Parks Panel - Disney World only announcements. I get it's their 50th Anniversary coming up, but geez, nothing for any other parks? No love for Anaheim, that's for sure. Moving the parades around and re-naming Paradise Pier, who-hoo? The Marvel announcement was beyond disappointing, wonder if they are saving that for Comic-Con.
If Parks was mostly WDW then I'm glad I opted to bypass it for other panels. The two Archives panels on Disney & Pixar commercials and on Disney stamps were both very interesting.

Hope you all who are able to get to DLR enjoy Fantasmic tonight.

I spent all day in line for the Parks and Resorts Panel and as I consider WDW as my home park, I am thrilled it's getting some more attention.

And I am beyond thrilled I will get to see Fantasmic. I chose late tomorrow for my time.
I had no chance to do anything else today but since this panel was in my top 3 list of things to do, I am happy.

Looking forward to making tomorrow's plans now....

I'm home now, but I managed to see both Animation (I was literally the last person seated due to the whole mix-up with seating) and Live Action. They were incredible panels and I'm so glad I camped out for Live Action. It was worth the wait. I wish I had had more time to explore the booths, but unfortunately, my kids got sick and our babysitter couldn't handle it, so there's always 2019, right? Hope the rest of you are continuing to enjoy it!

We must have been across the aisle from you in Parks & Resorts, @wilkeliza! :rotfl:

Today was interesting, especially with some Sorcerer bad behavior - running to get the front row seats, really? Then others getting so angry they were shaking? Really?

The Mid-Century Modern panel with Don Hahn tonight was amazing! I can't wait to get the book.

Last edited:
Despite them saying no overnight queues for Sunday they have folks in the Hall E basement again this morning. First section of the show floor is full & they are starting on the middle section.

Here at 5 AM. Show floor line is still on the inside at the second set of lines(the middle). Menkin has a few people but plenty of room at the moment. Didn't get a chance to check on the Guardians signing who I'm assuming is either Dave Bautista(Drax), Karen Gillan(Nebula) or Pom Clementief(Mantis).

Yesterday was awesome! Once the mess with the fantasmic passes was done(doing early tomorrow) there was no line to get into the Dream Store right before they were closing.

Here at 5 AM. Show floor line is still on the inside at the second set of lines(the middle). Menkin has a few people but plenty of room at the moment. Didn't get a chance to check on the Guardians signing who I'm assuming is either Dave Bautista(Drax), Karen Gillan(Nebula) or Pom Clementief(Mantis).

Yesterday was awesome! Once the mess with the fantasmic passes was done(doing early tomorrow) there was no line to get into the Dream Store right before they were closing.
Where are you down here in E

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter