D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with a reservation to SWGE have a game plan for your 4 hours yet? We have a reservation for June 1, 8 a.m.-noon and I’m trying to decide what we will have time to do and how to prioritize everything!

I am staying flexible so I can change things based on feedback from the people who go early (like you, going exactly one week before me). But as of right now, I think we will leave the ride until the end. More people will start flooding into the land at 11:00, so I think spending the first three hours exploring is best and then go get in line at about 10:55 before new guests start entering the land. My hope is that they won't kick people out if they are in line for the ride, so if the wait is two hours then we spend our last hour waiting and the rest of the wait is a freebie.

What happens in those first three hours is still up in the air, except to say I won't let the fact that it is 8:00 in the morning stop me from getting a drink at Oga's Cantina!

We have a the same reservation and I am also super-curious for a game plan? I am torn between showing my son, the Star Wars fan, everything on the internet about it so he can provide input vs. letting his mind be blown when we walk in. I am tentatively planning to just walk around and take it all in for a little bit at the beginning and maybe look at the shops but not buy yet and then head to the attraction and then lastly go back to the shops for any purchases we have decided on, get some food and leave. I’m assuming most people are planning to do the attraction either first or last and since I don’t plan to make the commitment to be at the front of the line I don’t think it will make sense to head there first.

I asked my husband about his priorities, and he wants to ride Smuggler's Run and build a light saber, although we wish we had more info about what this will cost in advance. But he's wanted one of the nice ones they sell at Star Wars Launch Bay, so I think this would be a fun Father's Day/birthday present for him regardless of cost. I want to visit Olga's Cantina and have some blue milk. So we want to do the three most popular activities, of course!

I'm wondering if the best plan for us is building the light saber, then going to Olga's Cantina, and then getting in line for Smuggler's Run.

I am staying flexible so I can change things based on feedback from the people who go early (like you, going exactly one week before me). But as of right now, I think we will leave the ride until the end. More people will start flooding into the land at 11:00, so I think spending the first three hours exploring is best and then go get in line at about 10:55 before new guests start entering the land. My hope is that they won't kick people out if they are in line for the ride, so if the wait is two hours then we spend our last hour waiting and the rest of the wait is a freebie.

What happens in those first three hours is still up in the air, except to say I won't let the fact that it is 8:00 in the morning stop me from getting a drink at Oga's Cantina!

I've heard they might cut the line for Smuggler's Run so that people won't be in line when their time expires, but who knows? I wish we had more info.

I'm with you about Olga's Cantina! That's a must-do for me - the cantina scene in my favorite part of the original Star Wars movie!

Does the membership auto-renewal process normally happen without a hitch? Or are glitches the norm? DH's membership was supposed to renew automatically today. As far as I know, the credit card info on his account is up to date. He just got an email saying that his membership has expired and is now invalid. Anyone else go through this? Will this fix itself or do I have to go after D23?
My D23 was set to auto renew on April 1 & it renewed successfully..however I just checked & it renewed me as a general member not a Gold member, guess I need to contact D23 member services today

How is anybody making a game plan already? Is there a map?

We are going July 5-14, and I am not making any game plan yet beyond deciding what day(s) we are going to SW:GE during that week. We are going to try to go two mornings during that week.

My Husband and I are heading to the parks the 24-26th and staying on site- man, I wish we could be going earlier to get a reservation but since that won't be possible... what do we think is the best way to handle getting into SWGE? Do you think DL will allow us to line up for GE after entering during EMH? Planning on being lined up by 5:30 to enter the park at 7:00 and hoping there might be a stand-by line? Thoughts?

My Husband and I are heading to the parks the 24-26th and staying on site- man, I wish we could be going earlier to get a reservation but since that won't be possible... what do we think is the best way to handle getting into SWGE? Do you think DL will allow us to line up for GE after entering during EMH? Planning on being lined up by 5:30 to enter the park at 7:00 and hoping there might be a stand-by line? Thoughts?

Rumor is that there will be a "boarding pass" that is like a fastpass to enter the land. I think Disney will want to avoid a standby line, and the line for people waiting for their boarding pass will already be out of control. Have you ever boarded a plane in group 1 and had to push through all the people in groups 2 and 3 who are waiting in line even though only group 1 is allowed to board right now? That will be SWGE all summer long.

We are going July 5-14, and I am not making any game plan yet beyond deciding what day(s) we are going to SW:GE during that week. We are going to try to go two mornings during that week.

We're overlapping with you. July 5-7. I don't dare make specific plans. At least not until the initial trip reports start coming in. We will be okay if we miss the Falcon. We're more interested in the general experience the first time.

How is anybody making a game plan already? Is there a map?

I would LOVE to see a map of GE prior to May 31. I have no game plan other than to see and do as much as possible during my time in GE (May 31, 11-3). I definitely want to ride Millennium Falcon, visit the Milk Stand to try both blue milk & green milk, hopefully have a beverage at Oga's Cantina (unless the line is too long), try Outpost Mix at Kat Saka’s Kettle, have lunch at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo, and visit all the merchandise stands. I won't be making a droid or lightsaber. So essentially DOING EVERYTHING ELSE!

I'm just hoping they have a good plan for the Millennium Falcon ride. If they just open the line up it's going to be chaos.

Just seeing that Cast Previews are May 20 - 22 and May 26 & 27. I'll be there on May 20 and its killing me to know that Galaxy's Edge is doing a preview lol.

Yup, my son called me earlier today and excitedly told me that my DIL will be able to bring him along to the CM preview. My DIL also transferred from her old department to SWGE and is in training for her new role, so she'll get to see it before all of us. That being said, we're respecting the non-disclosure policy that she has to adhere to, so the only question we're going to ask her once she experiences the land is whether it's as epic as we think its going to be!

I'm just hoping they have a good plan for the Millennium Falcon ride. If they just open the line up it's going to be chaos.

That is the truth! I plan to go right to the ride and get in line first thing. I really want to go on that, priority number 1 at this point.

I'll miss you by a day--we'll be there July 2nd through the 4th. I'm anxious awaiting more details on the "boarding pass." We are staying onsite so I'm hoping they like the reservation so much that they continue with it for a while :)

Rumor is that there will be a "boarding pass" that is like a fastpass to enter the land. I think Disney will want to avoid a standby line, and the line for people waiting for their boarding pass will already be out of control. Have you ever boarded a plane in group 1 and had to push through all the people in groups 2 and 3 who are waiting in line even though only group 1 is allowed to board right now? That will be SWGE all summer long.

I hope you are wrong, but I suspect what you say is an understatement. I hope Disney has some plan for how to handle those first few days after the initial reservation period. II suspect they are doing a little wait and see to figure out how to handle the crowds after watching how the reservation system goes. I had thoughts of a VIP tour, but apparently they don't know how much they will be yet. I'm sure the already ridiculous prices are about to get even more ridiculous. $800 an hour, anyone? Shiver.

I anticipate that a lot of things will change, maybe even day-to-day, once the land opens. Cast members will definitely be experimenting and adjusting and learning, so everyone please have patience with them -- both the front-line staff and the people behind the scenes.

Does the membership auto-renewal process normally happen without a hitch? Or are glitches the norm? DH's membership was supposed to renew automatically today. As far as I know, the credit card info on his account is up to date. He just got an email saying that his membership has expired and is now invalid. Anyone else go through this? Will this fix itself or do I have to go after D23?

Mine was set to renew today and it did. About two weeks ago I got an email reminding me of my upcoming renewal and then about a week ago I got another email about the renewal and that I needed to add my credit card payment method. I thought I had it saved but I guess I didn't, maybe it was only saved for the Disney store since that is how it renewed in the past. So this morning when I woke up I had an email confirming that my gold membership had renewed, it came at about 4am. So if you didn't get your renewal confirmation I would first see if the credit card info is saved on your D23 account and if it is contact D23 and if it isn't add it and renew. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter