Cyrano - the adventure begins

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
After last years episode with lost cases we decided to travel to Gatwick the night before travel.

So with thoughts of SIL and family who had to cancel their Orlando trip due to nephew contracting chicken pox, we headed to Aberdeen on Wednesday afternoon.

Dropped car off and Flybe left slightly early.
Twilight check-in last night was a dream. No one in the queue and we were finished in 10 minutes.

NB. back in a mo the family want to go to duty free !

Sounds like a great stress-free start! I love live trippies, so keep us filled in! :thumbsup2

Have a great trip Reid. Hopefully you can make regular updates and bring a bit of Florida into our lives

Oh, your poor sister-in-law :hug: what a terrible shame.

Hope you have a safe flight and that your cases arrive with you this year. :wizard: :wizard:

:)Sorry I took so long to get back.
V-room had filled up while we were gone and not all the internet connections were working.

It was Hot Lips that we travelled on and we were slightly underwhelmed with the food and flight. But it served its purpose in speeding us to MCO :) We landed at 3.15pm. Our bags came off the PE/UC carosel so there was a slight moment of deja vu from last year ;)
GREAT NEWS - with online ESTA you only have to fill out the customs declaration.

No more Visa Waver form to be filled out :woohoo:

At customs we were met by a scary women who was not coping well with the landing of Virgin, BA and Delta :scared1: She was marching people and queues all over the hall :scared1:
We struck lucky and got to the front of a newly opened desk. Picked the hire car up at 4.00pm so we were very pleased.

Journey to the Hawthorn Suites LBV was nice and simple.

Very pleased with the place so far :goodvibes

The jet lag has hit us hard, even thought we stayed up late on arrival.
Awake at 4am and finally getting up no later than 6. We have made EPCOT (Friday) and Magic Kingdom (Saturday) well before opening.

Temp has been hot - 100° - 108°F.

We only managed to last until 1pm at MK before the fatigue of the heat set in.

DD Robyn thrilled that we managed to get Princess Tiana and Prince Navene who are in a quiet corner just off Liberty Square.

Later, along with Morgan, I attended my first DIS meet at the Tambu Lounge, Polynesian.
It was great to meet most of the Podcast gang and a number of Disers :goodvibes

Hopefully tomorrow we will be heading to the other family favourite of Animal Kingdom.

hope you get over the jet lag quickly,have fun at AK :goodvibes

oh reid, been following you on fb too, sounds great!!
ps weather is not far off that here, so just be glad you lot have a/c as im really struggling!! :rotfl:

I'm glad to hear that your settling in :thumbsup2 The weather has been baking over here the last few days as well, and it really makes you remember how tough it can be in the hot Florida sun all day.
I'm currently finalising our day to day plans for our October trip, and it's really made me think hard about how much to allocate each day. It's very easy to sit at home and just think "We're only there for two weeks so lets just cane it every day, and sleep when we get home", but you forget that if you're there at opening each day then 14:00 is pretty much collapse time! :)

Sounds like your holiday has got off to a great start :cool1:

Great that you were able to meet some other DISers at the Poly yesterday! I can't wait for DD (wishspirit) to come home this Wednesday to tell me all about it!

Sounds like your holiday has got off to a great start :cool1:

Great that you were able to meet some other DISers at the Poly yesterday! I can't wait for DD (wishspirit) to come home this Wednesday to tell me all about it!

I think will be pleased with how it turned out. There was about 20 peeps :)

Heading off for breakfast in a mo. Apart from cereal, fruit, yoghurt and juices there is a hot selection.
Day one was sausages, hash browns and scramble egg. Yesterday was omlette, pancakes, cold ham and cheese.
Wonder what today will offer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter