CVID question … no not COVID…

Right now we're seeing about 85% compliance with mask wearing in the queues. (I check the 20 people around us in the queue and there are usually 3 people with masks down below their noses or not on their faces at all or wearing a mesh mask) Anyone immune-compromised should really think about waiting to go to Disney right now, IMO. There is no social distancing in queues at all. Cast members are telling everyone to move forward.

My immune system is not totally back to normal after a transplant, but I have strong antibodies to the childhood vaccinations I’ve had and the Covid vaccine. I can get the booster as well. I will mask all the time, and wash frequently but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. My Dr. and I discussed it but she said go and be smart. If it seems to unsafe my husband and I will go hang at the pool. I wish you a wonderful trip whenever you decide to go.

Let me start by saying- This is a very personal decision btw you and your doctor. As to what “others” are doing: I don’t have CVID, and don’t pretend we’re at all the same- but I do have multiple layers of being immune compromised (no spleen, multiple autoimmune disorders, on immune-suppressing medication, etc)… I’ve been back to WDW 3 times since it reopened & I’ll be there again in November. I talked with my rheumatologist before my first trip, and he encouraged me to be extra vigilant/careful (noting that the airplane is definitely the riskiest part), but to do as much as I feel comfortable with.

I want to start by saying that I have occasionally gotten sick as a direct result of traveling (most notably COVID- when I went to a new Dr in Chicago in Feb of 2020… I had a temperature for 12 weeks straight 😳 plus many other not fun symptoms). But I also get sick when I stay home- especially during the winter. I don’t take my health lightly, I have not given up, and I will not take crazy risks… but I also acknowledge that I will get sick- whether I travel or not. And I sincerely love traveling. (It’s my only real hobby.) ☺ So, I plan my travel, I do my absolute best to stay healthy (lots of hand-washing, extra vitamins, good rest, etc), and I enjoy myself!! 😍 A lot of times I come back just fine, but there’s always that risk. Only you know what risks you (& your family) are comfortable taking. When I first wanted to travel again, my husband was very uncomfortable with the idea (& understandably so!)… so I waited for him to be on the same page with me, and I’m so thankful that I did! I know he always does what’s best for me ❤

Best wishes to you!!!! ✨✨

ps. I would often laugh at my husband after returning from a trip on an airplane bc he would get sick 90% of the time (if traveling without me) & I would only get sick 10% of the time… but he would just use the seat back tray & not wash his hands much. 🤪 He has changed his flight habits A LOT post-COVID (mainly to protect me), but I have pretty much just added the mask as I was already doing the other cleanly bits before & he finally understands my always pumping hand sanitizer on him while we travel together (& finally realizes that’s why he stays healthy traveling with me!) 😉

Right now we're seeing about 85% compliance with mask wearing in the queues. (I check the 20 people around us in the queue and there are usually 3 people with masks down below their noses or not on their faces at all or wearing a mesh mask) Anyone immune-compromised should really think about waiting to go to Disney right now, IMO. There is no social distancing in queues at all. Cast members are telling everyone to move forward.
I would not go now. I am waiting until fall of 2022 but still unsure if even then will be ok. I guess I will I have to see how things go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter