Currently at the grand opening of wwohp

Icecoldpenguin

May the Force Be With You
In a massive line inside the park just to get into Harry potter world. The dis podcast was right universal is very unorganized and has the organized in the mist ridiculous way possible. Wish I could see a live broadcast of what is happening up ahead oh well! I'll get in when I do and let you know how it is.

TD

We are also in line. Currently at toon lagoon. I'm grateful the music is okay. I would hate to have to listen to Small World over and over again.

Someone on twitter said the line is 6 hours long to get into Forbidden Journey. You guys sure are gluttons for punishment!!!

Someone on twitter said the line is 6 hours long to get into Forbidden Journey. You guys sure are gluttons for punishment!!!

Mugglenet tweeted that if you are in the line by Toon Lagoon it is 4-6 hours just to get into WWofHP land, let alone FJ.

I'm sure it is and I can't for the life of me figure out why they are snaking up through the daily bugle

I seriously doubt mugglenet is right we have been moving at a steady but slow pace 4-6 hours to get in to wwohp is a stretch

Wow, in the pictures that line looks like it goes in front of the Hard Rock Cafe and then snakes around through Citywalk. How many people are there?!!!

I can't even imagine going today. according to weather.com the 'feels like' is going up to 104 today and there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms. talk about a terrible day for a grand opening. I think it could only be worse if a hurricane hit today. good luck to all. hope they give out some kind of keepsake for your troubles - at least something for the little kids.

We went out there this morning just to check out the Grand Opening madness--I had no plans of actually getting to hogsmeade today, we walked to the park from home and got there around 6:30 am (Normally we would drive, but I'm not that crazy), at that time they had already started letting people into the park.

Once in they started directing everyone toward the left, when we got there around 6:45 the back of the line was at Thunder Fall Terrace restaurant in Jurassic Park. IT was single file at that point, but right past river adventure it was a "Wall" of people. The wall went down through the rest of Jurassic Park, snaked around the back behind the discovery center, then across the bridge up through part of Lost Continent and over to the gates of Hogsmeade.

A friend of ours decided to just camp out in the screen in Port of Entry, so we decided to go back there instead. On the way back the line was starting to enter the outdoor part of the spiderman queue, shortly after that they opened up the path back side of popeye and fed people through there along the lake. We got back to Port of Entry and got near the big screen to watch the opening event, and around 8:45 the park reached capacity and they closed the front gate. The line made it to Point of Entry, through Marvel, including the Spiderman queue, through toon lagoon, including the back pathway behind popeye, through Jurassic park, around behind discovery center... then across the bridge, through parts of lost continent.

That was not all, once they started letting people in, the line built outside from the IOA Entrance in front of NBA City, Hard Rock Cafe, through the front part of the studios across the bridge past nascar, it literally went all the way back to the Theater at citywalk outside.

I have never seen anything even close to the amount of people here today.

They are pulsing people into IOA waiting in the big line outside the park. Because the line INSIDE the park is also crazy as well.

You do not want to be there today. The excitement was contagious though.

We left after the ceremony since we've done the park earlier. Good luck to those who remained.

From all accounts the fact it was already lined up into toon lagoon by 7 surpassed any expectations Universal had. They were scrambling to get carts and drinks up. I've never seen Disney this packed either.

We went out there this morning just to check out the Grand Opening madness--I had no plans of actually getting to hogsmeade today, we walked to the park from home and got there around 6:30 am (Normally we would drive, but I'm not that crazy), at that time they had already started letting people into the park.

Once in they started directing everyone toward the left, when we got there around 6:45 the back of the line was at Thunder Fall Terrace restaurant in Jurassic Park. IT was single file at that point, but right past river adventure it was a "Wall" of people. The wall went down through the rest of Jurassic Park, snaked around the back behind the discovery center, then across the bridge up through part of Lost Continent and over to the gates of Hogsmeade.

A friend of ours decided to just camp out in the screen in Port of Entry, so we decided to go back there instead. On the way back the line was starting to enter the outdoor part of the spiderman queue, shortly after that they opened up the path back side of popeye and fed people through there along the lake. We got back to Port of Entry and got near the big screen to watch the opening event, and around 8:45 the park reached capacity and they closed the front gate. The line made it to Point of Entry, through Marvel, including the Spiderman queue, through toon lagoon, including the back pathway behind popeye, through Jurassic park, around behind discovery center... then across the bridge, through parts of lost continent.

That was not all, once they started letting people in, the line built outside from the IOA Entrance in front of NBA City, Hard Rock Cafe, through the front part of the studios across the bridge past nascar, it literally went all the way back to the Theater at citywalk outside.

I have never seen anything even close to the amount of people here today.

They are pulsing people into IOA waiting in the big line outside the park. Because the line INSIDE the park is also crazy as well.

You do not want to be there today. The excitement was contagious though.

We left after the ceremony since we've done the park earlier. Good luck to those who remained.

So when are they going to call capacity? It will have to be soon. Even if it was single file, you simply cannot have 7 hour wait times consistently. 7 can turn to 8 pretty quickly, and then you're running against closing time. That means that you paid all of your attendance money just for HP. And perhpas, just one ride.

I would expect to see them call capacity real soon.

SOOOOO glad I decided to stay home...What a mess

So when are they going to call capacity? It will have to be soon. Even if it was single file, you simply cannot have 7 hour wait times consistently. 7 can turn to 8 pretty quickly, and then you're running against closing time. That means that you paid all of your attendance money just for HP. And perhpas, just one ride.

I would expect to see them call capacity real soon.

They called capacity at 8:45 AM

The link that shows wait times has FJ listed now and shows 90 minutes. I suspect that whoever updated it to begin with has run away. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter