Current Options for Allergy Dining

MickeyMouseLvr

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip in November and debating on canceling mainly due to food options. We have several food allergies in our family (gluten, dairy and nuts). Disney has always been a great place for as because they go above and beyond with options and service. How are things now that some some restaurants are closed or have limited menus?

We are planning a trip in November and debating on canceling mainly due to food options. We have several food allergies in our family (gluten, dairy and nuts). Disney has always been a great place for as because they go above and beyond with options and service. How are things now that some some restaurants are closed or have limited menus?

I've been wondering this as well. Going for a couple days next weekend and wondering how the GF scene is right now.

Here right now and so far zero issues with allergy orders (I have gluten, dairy and tree nut sensitivities). I’ll circle back on this thread after the trip is over. Regal Eagle at Epcot and Satu’li canteen at AK both had plenty of options available. Going to MK and HS the next two days.

Here right now and so far zero issues with allergy orders (I have gluten, dairy and tree nut sensitivities). I’ll circle back on this thread after the trip is over. Regal Eagle at Epcot and Satu’li canteen at AK both had plenty of options available. Going to MK and HS the next two days.
Yes, please do come back and let us know, I'm sure there are a lot of us (me included) who have been wondering about this!

Just returned and can report on this, gluten and nuts especially. I didn't run into nuts anywhere, and if there are nuts in something it's very clearly marked. The options are far less than normal, I won't lie. BUT they're just as good about safety.

MK: Skipper Canteen was great as always. GF Tastes Like Chicken, Pao de Quejo, and falafel. Got GF fries at Cosmic Ray's. For that, I had to ask to go inside to place an order. Allergy options are on mobile order, but fries aren't, and they gave me a bit of a hard time when I asked to go in...but it ended up fine.

EPCOT: We struggled here more than normal. The whole menu at La Hacienda can be made GF for the most part and they were great about allergies. We LOVE Tutto Gusto for their GF pasta but it's closed, along with Tutto Italia. Rose & Crown isn't operating a dedicated fryer right now (or, they weren't this past Thursday). F&W options were fine. For GF, the citrus chicken, pao de quejo, and pork belly were all good. The jerk chicken was fine, but A LOT of food, so worth the money. You can still do QS tacos at Mexico, and the chicken ones are GF. Chips there are GF too.

Hollywood: We didn't bother. We took the Skyliner over to RR instead. I know Backlot has a couple options but it's the ordinary chicken nuggets, etc.

AK: We didn't go this trip. I know they still have the GF churros at Nomad, and most of the options at Satuuli. They took our fav (pulled pork cheese fries) off the menu at Flame Tree which was disappointing. Pro-tip, they can make those GF if you ask.

Beaches and Cream: Pretty much the same options as pre-COVID.

Primo Pratto: SO GOOD. Go here instead of eating at HS. Delicious GF chicken sandwich with seasoned fries. Way cheap too.

Ale & Compass Market: we were still able to get GF Mickey waffles but it took a long time (they have to make them over in the actual Ale and Compass kitchen and bring them over). CMs were so kind about it though, and I had no issues.

Just returned and can report on this, gluten and nuts especially. I didn't run into nuts anywhere, and if there are nuts in something it's very clearly marked. The options are far less than normal, I won't lie. BUT they're just as good about safety.

MK: Skipper Canteen was great as always. GF Tastes Like Chicken, Pao de Quejo, and falafel. Got GF fries at Cosmic Ray's. For that, I had to ask to go inside to place an order. Allergy options are on mobile order, but fries aren't, and they gave me a bit of a hard time when I asked to go in...but it ended up fine.

EPCOT: We struggled here more than normal. The whole menu at La Hacienda can be made GF for the most part and they were great about allergies. We LOVE Tutto Gusto for their GF pasta but it's closed, along with Tutto Italia. Rose & Crown isn't operating a dedicated fryer right now (or, they weren't this past Thursday). F&W options were fine. For GF, the citrus chicken, pao de quejo, and pork belly were all good. The jerk chicken was fine, but A LOT of food, so worth the money. You can still do QS tacos at Mexico, and the chicken ones are GF. Chips there are GF too.

Hollywood: We didn't bother. We took the Skyliner over to RR instead. I know Backlot has a couple options but it's the ordinary chicken nuggets, etc.

AK: We didn't go this trip. I know they still have the GF churros at Nomad, and most of the options at Satuuli. They took our fav (pulled pork cheese fries) off the menu at Flame Tree which was disappointing. Pro-tip, they can make those GF if you ask.

Primo Pratto: SO GOOD. Go here instead of eating at HS. Delicious GF chicken sandwich with seasoned fries. Way cheap too.

Ale & Compass Market: we were still able to get GF Mickey waffles but it took a long time (they have to make them over in the actual Ale and Compass kitchen and bring them over). CMs were so kind about it though, and I had no issues.

Thank you for this information!! Especially about La Hacienda as that is where I'm planning my post-Half Marathon dinner

Also about Primo Piatto - I'm toying with changing from BLT to Riviera, and knowing there are good GF options there helps a lot.

Thanks so much for all the detail!

i am sorry for my delayed reply. I typed a reply using my phone and then lost the whole thing before posting and now I can finally sit down (on my laptop this time haha) and post again. I have been gluten free for years and for many Disney world trips but this is my first time with the dairy and tree nut sensitivity too.

Here is a quick rundown of where we ate and what i encountered

MK:
we ate at Cosmic Ray's for lunch. I was able to use mobile ordering by choosing the gluten friendly grilled chicken sandwich and was able to modify it to take off the cheese (for my dairy sensitivity) and bacon (personal pref, i was already so thirsty and i thought the bacon would make it worse). I cross checked the dairy and treenut menus also. i have had this sandwich many times and never had a reaction. With no toppings bar available you were able to request toppings, I was even able to get pickles. I also enjoyed a dole whip later - such an amazing treat.

Epcot:
Regal Eagle is a great option for allergy/sensitivities. I spoke to the manager and ordered inside this time. She told me all the meats were safe as were most of the sides (the obvious ones like the mac and cheese and onion rings are not gluten-friendly). The allergy friendly garlic toast is made with vegan butter so I was thrilled to be able to still enjoy it. I had it in March and it almost made me cry as I have missed garlic bread so much. I enjoyed the salad with the pulled chicken this time (I had the pulled pork in March). It was very refreshing with the citrus. I always recommend talking to someone, everyone i talked to is so helpful and accommodating. It really makes these trips so a pleasure not having to worry about ordering and is my meal going to make me ill.

We also tried spice road table this trip. It was delicious. The chef came to talk to me to go over the menu. I think three appetizers and four entrees were safe either as-is or with some modifications. For example with the hummus appetizer, they brought me a bowl of baby carrots in lieu of the pita bread that my family enjoyed. To my delight, the hummus fries were safe (and were delicious). For my entree I chose the roasted chicken. The salmon, lamb and mixed grill were also options. For a limited menu I was pleased with how much I could select. My whole family enjoyed this meal.

HS:

We ate at pizzarizzo. I had to order inside because the mobile ordering only accommodates one allergy. Treenuts are not an issue in this location, it is entirely tree nut free according to the manager i spoke with. I was able to order a GF and DF pizza. It wasn't outstanding by any means but it was hot and fresh and filling! My side was the salad but instead of the caesar dressing I was given a packet of balsamic vinaigrette. (Ken's brand). It was good and I think i actually prefer it to the caesar I have had in the past!

We also went to Baseline tap house. I enjoyed the Space Ace Blood Orange cider which was GF. The food options were limited for me, but they did give me amazing GF bread to go with the charcuterie board. It is like pita bread with a lightly salted top. I had it previously at HS at EMM for my avocado toast breakfast so I was ecstatic to be able to snack on it again. I enjoyed the meat and grapes on the board but obviously not the cheese. My family raved about the pretzel, almonds and beef puff. (sniff sniff).

AK:

We ate lunch at Satuli which i think is another great options for us as there are many choices and options. Plus I love that is a healthier and different option than the standards. I cross-checked the menus for the three (gluten/dairy/treenut). I couldn't choose the salad base because it wasn't treenut free (??I was a little confused on that one) but the rice and beans was safe across all three, along with one other i believe. I ordered it under the gluten allergy menu but I definitely recommend going inside to order so all sensitivities and definitely allergies can be noted. We were hoping to go to Nomad for the amazing GF churros (I also wanted to find out if they are DF and treenut free, praying that they are) but we didn't make it back over.

DS:

We did a last minute dinner at Paradiso 37. The menu there is very limited right now but again, I did have multiple options. The location is tree nut free. The chips are fried in a dedicated fryer for the chips only so they were safe. I could choose between the burger with a GF bun, the steak or the salmon. The chicken was not DF. The burger was delicious, very good quality and well seasoned. I had the cilantro rice as my side.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs and ate at Artist's Palette too which was also delicious. They were able to modify everything on their limited menu to be safe.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I would love to help anyway i can

i am sorry for my delayed reply. I typed a reply using my phone and then lost the whole thing before posting and now I can finally sit down (on my laptop this time haha) and post again. I have been gluten free for years and for many Disney world trips but this is my first time with the dairy and tree nut sensitivity too.

MK:
we ate at Cosmic Ray's for lunch. I was able to use mobile ordering by choosing the gluten friendly grilled chicken sandwich and was able to modify it to take off the cheese (for my dairy sensitivity) and bacon (personal pref, i was already so thirsty and i thought the bacon would make it worse). I cross checked the dairy and treenut menus also. i have had this sandwich many times and never had a reaction. With no toppings bar available you were able to request toppings, I was even able to get pickles. I also enjoyed a dole whip later - such an amazing treat.

Epcot:
Regal Eagle is a great option for allergy/sensitivities. I spoke to the manager and ordered inside this time. She told me all the meats were safe as were most of the sides (the obvious ones like the mac and cheese and onion rings are not gluten-friendly). The allergy friendly garlic toast is made with vegan butter so I was thrilled to be able to still enjoy it. I had it in March and it almost made me cry as I have missed garlic bread so much. I enjoyed the salad with the pulled chicken this time (I had the pulled pork in March). It was very refreshing with the citrus. I always recommend talking to someone, everyone i talked to is so helpful and accommodating. It really makes these trips so a pleasure not having to worry about ordering and is my meal going to make me ill.

We also tried spice road table this trip. It was delicious. The chef came to talk to me to go over the menu. I think three appetizers and four entrees were safe either as-is or with some modifications. For example with the hummus appetizer, they brought me a bowl of baby carrots in lieu of the pita bread that my family enjoyed. To my delight, the hummus fries were safe (and were delicious). For my entree I chose the roasted chicken. The salmon, lamb and mixed grill were also options. For a limited menu I was pleased with how much I could select. My whole family enjoyed this meal.

HS:

We ate at pizzarizzo. I had to order inside because the mobile ordering only accommodates one allergy. Treenuts are not an issue in this location, it is entirely tree nut free according to the manager i spoke with. I was able to order a GF and DF pizza. It wasn't outstanding by any means but it was hot and fresh and filling! My side was the salad but instead of the caesar dressing I was given a packet of balsamic vinaigrette. (Ken's brand). It was good and I think i actually prefer it to the caesar I have had in the past!

We also went to Baseline tap house. I enjoyed the Space Ace Blood Orange cider which was GF. The food options were limited for me, but they did give me amazing GF bread to go with the charcuterie board. It is like pita bread with a lightly salted top. I had it previously at HS at EMM for my avocado toast breakfast so I was ecstatic to be able to snack on it again. I enjoyed the meat and grapes on the board but obviously not the cheese. My family raved about the pretzel, almonds and beef puff. (sniff sniff).

AK:

We ate lunch at Satuli which i think is another great options for us as there are many choices and options. Plus I love that is a healthier and different option than the standards. I cross-checked the menus for the three (gluten/dairy/treenut). I couldn't choose the salad base because it wasn't treenut free (??I was a little confused on that one) but the rice and beans was safe across all three, along with one other i believe. I ordered it under the gluten allergy menu but I definitely recommend going inside to order so all sensitivities and definitely allergies can be noted. We were hoping to go to Nomad for the amazing GF churros (I also wanted to find out if they are DF and treenut free, praying that they are) but we didn't make it back over.

DS:

We did a last minute dinner at Paradiso 37. The menu there is very limited right now but again, I did have multiple options. The location is tree nut free. The chips are fried in a dedicated fryer for the chips only so they were safe. I could choose between the burger with a GF bun, the steak or the salmon. The chicken was not DF. The burger was delicious, very good quality and well seasoned. I had the cilantro rice as my side.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs and ate at Artist's Palette too which was also delicious. They were able to modify everything on their limited menu to be safe.

Thank you so much for all this detail, I'm so glad to hear that you had plenty of options and enjoyed your meals! I'm also particularly glad to hear that not only did you get GF bread with the charcuterie board at Baseline, but that it was really good GF bread - I am totally going to try that!

MK:

Epcot:

HS:

AK:

DS:

Thanks for this detailed report! So you can order inside at any of the QS restaurants if there are multiple allergies? My DD is allergic to so many things and I was nervous when I had read there was mobile ordering only.

Thanks for this detailed report! So you can order inside at any of the QS restaurants if there are multiple allergies? My DD is allergic to so many things and I was nervous when I had read there was mobile ordering only.

As I understand it, if you let them know there are allergies they are supposed to let you in to order in person. You HAVE to do that at the resort QS anyway as none of them have allergy menus on the app.

As I understand it, if you let them know there are allergies they are supposed to let you in to order in person. You HAVE to do that at the resort QS anyway as none of them have allergy menus on the app.
The allergy options are included on the app now, for what it's worth. We still asked to order in person though.

The allergy options are included on the app now, for what it's worth. We still asked to order in person though.

Which RESORT QS have their allergy menu on the app? I see it on the PARK QS places, but none of the RESORT QS places I've looked at

Just back from a quick weekend with a gluten allergy. Had some great dining. I did not end up eating at our resort (Pop), but they did not have the allergy menu on the app and said I could order at a register.

Epcot - I ate (and drank) mostly at the Food & Wine festival. The filet mignon in Canada was delicious, along with the cheese bread and crispy pork belly in Brazil. Side note, I highly recommend the Italian margarita in Italy. One of the best drinks I have ever had.

Grand Floridian Cafe - they had a gluten free lobster eggs benedict that was to die for. Absolutely incredible.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - The whole skillet was gluten free and everything was delicious. I'm dreaming about the gluten free cornbread also.

They were still as accommodating, lovely, and delicious as always. I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

Yes just tell the cast members at the door (who are checking for mobile orders) that you have multiple allergies and they will tell you which register to go to inside to order. It was easy and all the cast members I encountered were so helpful and reassuring.

We’re here now and at the table service restaurants, the CMs ask if you have any allergies that they need to be aware of. At one restaurant, it appeared they brought the chef out to a table to discuss dining options.

We’re here now and at the table service restaurants, the CMs ask if you have any allergies that they need to be aware of. At one restaurant, it appeared they brought the chef out to a table to discuss dining options.

That is how it has always been. Though the allergy should have been noted on the reservation, the ticket given to the seater indicating it, and an allergy menu already at the table. The server asks for clarification and asks if you would like to speak with a chef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter