Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi DCL Peeps!

I am an Entertainment CM and have worked in a couple of different positions on a few different ships (and WDW as well). If you have questions and can’t find the answer, please send them my way and I can try and help.
Mags
Hi, apologies if this was already asked, but my spouse is dying to know how stage performers manage live shows when the boat is rocking and going through some tough seas? TIA

Hi, apologies if this was already asked, but my spouse is dying to know how stage performers manage live shows when the boat is rocking and going through some tough seas? TIA
With great difficulty! It takes practice and concentration to be able to perform on a moving stage and sometimes requires some quick thinking and split-second changes. If it is too rocky the show is usually postponed or cancelled to prevent injury

Hi - being friends with Cindy and others, how might that work on a sailing? Would you be friends with more than one in a day, or could it be different friends on different days? And are you also friends in any of the shows? Or does it depend on the ship & the shows on that ship where one friend might be featured more often?

Thanks!
A performer hired to hang out with royalty is usually only friends with one Princess for the duration of the contract. Each Princess friend will usually also have some furry friends too. You could definitely spend time with a Princess friend and a furry friend in the same day! It really depends on the shows as to whether the character is played by a character performer or someone from the MainStage Cast

If I buy a Disney gift certificate in the United States, can I use it on a Disney Cruise that leaves from Australia? Thank you.

Do you mean a Disney Gift Card? Yes you can use Disney Gift Cards on a Disney cruise ship. The ship currency is US Dollars. This does not change even though the ship changes location. Its the same in Europe. I use a Disney Gift which I load with US Dollars when I am in Disneyland California and I use it when I am on the ship in Europe. I just go to Guest Service and tell them I want to add money to my onboard account. You have to tell them a specific amount eg 100 US Dollars. If you don't spend the whole amount of the money by the end of the cruise, you have to go to Guest Services and then will put whatever money you did not spend back onto the Disney Gift Card. Your onboard account has to be at 0 in order for you to leave the ship.

Do you mean a Disney Gift Card? Yes you can use Disney Gift Cards on a Disney cruise ship. The ship currency is US Dollars. This does not change even though the ship changes location. Its the same in Europe. I use a Disney Gift which I load with US Dollars when I am in Disneyland California and I use it when I am on the ship in Europe. I just go to Guest Service and tell them I want to add money to my onboard account. You have to tell them a specific amount eg 100 US Dollars. If you don't spend the whole amount of the money by the end of the cruise, you have to go to Guest Services and then will put whatever money you did not spend back onto the Disney Gift Card. Your onboard account has to be at 0 in order for you to leave the ship.
Great explanation. I will add;

Think of your payment(s) toward your onboard account in layers;
1. Use Onboard Credit, e.g. from TA's or Disney, first. If it doesn't get used by the end of the cruise (usually not an issue ;-), it goes away.
2. Use Disney Dollars, or Disney CreditCard Redemption second. These funds can/must only be used for Disney expenses, and this is the place!
3. Use one's personal CCard or cash last after all of the above are spent.

Pretty simple I know. But it helps me to keep things straight and prioritize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter