CSR is the New Deluxe!

Wow! I like the changes! Those beds look so comfy, I may just have to stay at CSR once again :thumbsup2 thanks for the pics. Does anybody know if all the rooms have been changed to look like this?

Thanks for the pics!

I love the new rooms...and we will definitely consider CSR more on our next trip. The last time we stayed there, they were doing a lot of construction, and I HATED the decor of the rooms.

But the resort is so beautiful, and really does have a lot of the amenities that the deluxes have...except interior corridors.

We've actually done both. The Quick Service is great for our short trips but I think I would get sick of counter service after awhile. When we go in June for a week we will definitely do the regular dining plan. There isn't a huge price difference between the both. :goodvibes

Thanks for the quick feedback :thumbsup2. I certainly hope 8 days of counter service will be OK for us ;) Yeah... the price difference isn't what sold us on the QSDP... we ate WAYYYY too much last year and my DW doesn't want to be constrained by ADRs. I guess we'll see how it works out.

Wow! I like the changes! Those beds look so comfy, I may just have to stay at CSR once again :thumbsup2 thanks for the pics. Does anybody know if all the rooms have been changed to look like this?

They haven't yet, but they will all look like that October 09. They just started the rehab this past October.

Cabana 8A, Room 8211, second floor:

Picture012.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! I love the new rooms. I think they are beautiful. I can't wait to see them in person in September. This is one of the many reasons we choose CSR--the rooms don't remind us of Disney 24/7. Don't get me wrong--we love Disney or we wouldn't go every year. But one of the reasons we don't stay at the values or some of the other resorts is that we don't need Disney in our face 24/7. We like to come back and relax--and the CSR is perfect for that.

The beds are VERY comfortable! As others have said, I think October is the completion date for the rooms. We went to the Casita section and noticed the rooms on the first floor were still the old decor. I really think the new decor is a great mix of Disney and Business. Some might say it's too business oriented, but their are hidden mickeys all over the new decor, everywhere you looked! My girls, 9 and 11, loved the decor as much as we did. Even with no balcony and exterior corridors, CSR is a great option for families looking for a deluxe feel and amenities without the huge price tag. It was weird, the rooms felt bigger to me even with the Queen beds, maybe because of the new lower dresser. :thumbsup2

Just back from a 3 night stay at CSR....oh I so miss it all ready, I'm ready to go back! :sad1: We have stayed at all the moderates including CSR, but with the new rooms I don't think I would stay anywhere else, it's better than the deluxes at half the cost! :thumbsup2 I will be shocked if they don't go up on the prices! We were in Cabana 8A, room 8211, second floor corner room with 2 windows, close to the dig site and the bus stop. The renovated rooms are soooo....much prettier in person than in the pictures!! They are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! We were on the Quick Service Dining plan and it really paid off eating at the Pepper Market! We spent $100 a day for the plan, but easily spent $200 a day on food not including the refillable mugs that are included in the plan. I know Buzz just got back and has answered alot of questions, but if anyone has any I would be glad to answer. I will post some of my pics soon! If you haven't tried CSR, you need too. I love this resort! :love: :love:

WOW! My sister and I and my DD just stayed at CSR for free dining in 2007 and we loved it even then! I love the pictures and love the improvements. We were staying in Pop this year for free dining since we will need 2 rooms, but after seeing these new rooms, may just have to upgrade. We love that resort. Thanks so much for the pics and the review, it sounded wonderful!

Thank you for the review! If we ever end up at a mod instead of a value (I can be so cheap at times :rotfl2: ), I would definitely try it out myself!!!

Deluxe hotels do NOT have exterior corridors.. enough said LOL!

It's a nice hotel, but Disney "Deluxes" aren't real deluxe hotels and this one isn't up to those standards!

:snooty:

Welcome back and thanks for the great review!

What the heck!? I'm back not even a week and they made more changes. When did they add the blanket to the end of the bed? I like those.

What the heck!? I'm back not even a week and they made more changes. When did they add the blanket to the end of the bed? I like those.

That is so funny, Buzz. You know I was thinking the same thing. When we first walked into our room, I was like I don't remember seeing blankets on Buzz's pictures?? :rotfl: :rotfl: The blanket and roll pillow really bring the look all together. We went for the DVC tour and I noticed the Bay Lake Towers and AK Villas both had the same type of blanket at the end of the beds. :banana:

We didn't have them either. It certainly is a nice touch!

DS is getting married in June. They are going to be at Portofino at US for a week and then to WDW staying at CSR for a week.

What recommendations do you all have for rooms? I would love suggestions. His whole trip is all planned out and I am not even sure if his rooms were selected by his travel agent....but in any event I would just like to know where DISer's have stay at CSR and what/why they liked those rooms best!!!

TIA!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the report. After reading your report and Buzz's we've decided we definitely want to stay at CSR for our May 2010 trip. We tried to stay there in May 2006 but at first I was too early to book (tried in June 2005) and then by Oct. 2005 when I tried again, I was too late - no rooms left. I decided to try to beat the system this year and attempted a room only reservation this week but was told only Junior Suites and King rooms are available at this point - any ideas when I'll be able to get a 2 queen room-only ressie for May 2010? I know packages don't come out until August but I don't want to miss out again - especially after reading your reports!

DS is getting married in June. They are going to be at Portofino at US for a week and then to WDW staying at CSR for a week.

What recommendations do you all have for rooms? I would love suggestions. His whole trip is all planned out and I am not even sure if his rooms were selected by his travel agent....but in any event I would just like to know where DISer's have stay at CSR and what/why they liked those rooms best!!!

Personally I love the cabanas section, the location is great. I always ask for a high floor, I don't like to hear people above me. If possible I try to get a corner room, the two windows make the room seem larger.

We've stayed at all the different sections and Cabana is our favorite. I like the beachy Cabana look with all the hammocks. The Casitas usually has a lot of convention goers (not always). Ranchos is nice but I'm not a huge fan of the cactus look. :goodvibes

Personally I love the cabanas section, the location is great. I always ask for a high floor, I don't like to hear people above me. If possible I try to get a corner room, the two windows make the room seem larger.

Thanks, tink!!

Cabanas, high floor and corner room!!! :thumbsup2

We've stayed at all the different sections and Cabana is our favorite. I like the beachy Cabana look with all the hammocks. The Casitas usually has a lot of convention goers (not always). Ranchos is nice but I'm not a huge fan of the cactus look. :goodvibes

Jodi, another vote for the Cabana's!!! Awesome!!! :yay:

Check out this thread for location.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=29296405&postcount=3

I like the cabana for their proximity to everything. The casitas for the great courtyards and fountains and the ranchos for the theme and seclusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter