Crumb cake...(FOUND!!!)

*Robin*

bibbity bobbity boo!
Hi everyone...has anyone ever had the Krusteaz crumb cake? It comes in a mix...and it would seem I should be able to figure it out on my own...but I can't...do any of you have a recipe for something similar? It's just a really light cake, that my son adores!

:) Thanks in advance!

tried Copy Kat recipes but no luck. Thought it might be there.

I did a quick search and here is one that seems simple.

Up until this past month I had never seen the brand you mentioned
here in New England. Is it from your area?

It seems to have caught my eye recently, and it doesn't seem familar.

Here is the recipe I found:

Mrs. William's Crumb Cake presented by And The Horse You Rode In On - Bed & Breakfast

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine
Cinnamon and sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten

Mix brown sugar, flour and butter together until it has a crumb like consistency. Take out 2/3 cup of the "crumbs" for topping.

To the balance of the "crumbs" add the salt and baking powder. Mix well. Add the milk and egg, mixing well. Pour into greased 8"x8" pan. Top with 2/3 cup of "crumbs". Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.

dt, I totally missed this, thank you!! It sure sounds like it would work, I'll try it this afternoon and let you know if it's worth trying.

Krusteaz always sounds like some horrible condition to me, why that name, I don't know, but I got to try the crumbcake once, along with my son, and we were sold.

Thank you again!! :):)

You guys, try this recipe! It would be a great little coffee cake, or a good dessert cake with ice cream...(cinnamon ice cream...yum!!) Seriously...I made it tonight with dinner...there are 3 of us, the cake is GONE! I only ate a small piece...need I say more??

:):):):)

Ok, I'm just posting one more time so I can get to 600...Yipee...(don't ask me why that excites me, but it does! hehehe :) )

Oh I'm so glad that it worked!

I haven't made it yet, but I think I'll be doing so in the next day or so.

I always make some sort of goodie to put in my husband's lunch,
and that sounds like it will be a great one to have on hand.

You certainly have been very busy baking these past couple of days.

They also make a wonderful buttermilk pancake mix. I buy it bulk at Sam's Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter