Cruising the Dream on our 1st cruise ever!!! (5 Night Double Dip)

I'm really excited! The only problem is I now have to push Hawaii back until 2014. I was planning on going for two weeks next Fall but alas, I have too many trips I want to do. I could still do a short trip but I'm figuring about $1000 to fly so I better make the most of it.

Now that would be really strange if we both ended up on the same cruise and in Hawaii at the same time. I am tentatively planning spending my 40th birthday in Hawaii.

Corinna

Now that would be really strange if we both ended up on the same cruise and in Hawaii at the same time. I am tentatively planning spending my 40th birthday in Hawaii.

Corinna

Wouldn't that be something! Would you stay at Aulani, or island hop? I'm thinking of ten days or two weeks and probably stay at Aulani the whole time. Unless there's another Hawaii cruise then I'll do that instead. And will probably go in September or October. So many variables to consider :scratchin

I'm really excited! The only problem is I now have to push Hawaii back until 2014. I was planning on going for two weeks next Fall but alas, I have too many trips I want to do. I could still do a short trip but I'm figuring about $1000 to fly so I better make the most of it.

I know exactly what you mean...We don't even own DVC and I want to do everything now!:crazy2: So many different trips different ways...just need to keep working for the funding for all these trips! Disney has clouded my vision bigtime! But in a good way!;)

I know exactly what you mean...We don't even own DVC and I want to do everything now!:crazy2: So many different trips different ways...just need to keep working for the funding for all these trips! Disney has clouded my vision bigtime! But in a good way!;)

I know, that's what helps me get through work some days :) if I don't go to work I can't go on vacation. What a horrible cycle. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't that be something! Would you stay at Aulani, or island hop? I'm thinking of ten days or two weeks and probably stay at Aulani the whole time. Unless there's another Hawaii cruise then I'll do that instead. And will probably go in September or October. So many variables to consider :scratchin

We are aiming for November 2014 as my birthday is November 14th. The idea is spend 3 or 4 days at Disneyland to break up the flight, then head to Aulani for a week, spend another week doing an inter-island cruise on the Pride of America and then spend another 3 or 4 days at Disneyland on the way back. I am kind of leaning towards 3 nights at Disneyland on the way out and 4 on the way back. We do have things that we would still like to do on the other islands and had originally planned to fly between the islands and spend a couple of nights each on Big Island, Maui and Kauai. However, the inter-island flights are silly expensive so the cruise option makes more sense.

Corinna

I sat down and read this TR from beginning to end - fabulous! My Mom and I are going on our first DCL cruise in January on the Dream - I am SO excited! It's a graduation present from her. We're going to the park for 4 days before, then a 4 day cruise and then 2 days back at the park. This is the first DCL review I've read and it made me even more excited! Thanks for the great tips, details and pictures.

I read your update this morning BEFORE I left for work and I am finally coming back to comment. Phew!

I can't believe you got that sick, that fast, on your departure day. Ugh - nothing worse than feeling sick while flying. Luckily, the plane was so empty. At least you weren't sick on vacation. See how smart your body is? :rotfl:

Thanks for the list of tips for first time cruisers. That is very handy. You will definitely be one of my "go to" peeps when I plan my cruise and I'm glad that you emphasized how great a Disney cruise is even for adults with no kids. Lately, I have been considering Royal Caribbean, so thanks for putting me back on track.

I sat down and read this TR from beginning to end - fabulous! My Mom and I are going on our first DCL cruise in January on the Dream - I am SO excited! It's a graduation present from her. We're going to the park for 4 days before, then a 4 day cruise and then 2 days back at the park. This is the first DCL review I've read and it made me even more excited! Thanks for the great tips, details and pictures.

All in one go, I'm impressed! Thank you :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

That is one fabulous graduation present. Congratulations!

Where are you staying for Disney?

I read your update this morning BEFORE I left for work and I am finally coming back to comment. Phew!

I can't believe you got that sick, that fast, on your departure day. Ugh - nothing worse than feeling sick while flying. Luckily, the plane was so empty. At least you weren't sick on vacation. See how smart your body is? :rotfl:

Thanks for the list of tips for first time cruisers. That is very handy. You will definitely be one of my "go to" peeps when I plan my cruise and I'm glad that you emphasized how great a Disney cruise is even for adults with no kids. Lately, I have been considering Royal Caribbean, so thanks for putting me back on track.

Phew is right! Do you do 12 hours a shift?

It has been a long time since I felt that bad, and I'm so so glad it waited until we left. It's really amazing it worked out semi well. Being sick is never good but at Disney it's somehow worse. I hope Denny wasn't sick your whole trip.

Yes please, feel free to ask any and all questions you want. Oh Mary Ellen, as much as you love the Disney details you must must must go on DCL. And as much as I say how amazing it was I still can't express how amazing it was. Everything was above and beyond my expectations. I can not find a single thing to complain about. It was all perfect. Beyond perfect. It is so much more relaxing than the parks and you still get all your Disney magic :)

All in one go, I'm impressed! Thank you :) I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

That is one fabulous graduation present. Congratulations!

Where are you staying for Disney?

It was a fabulous read, what can I say? I started reading and I just kept plugging away!

We are staying at Port Orleans - French Quarter pre-cruise and then AKL post-cruise. Never stayed at AKL - super excited about that! Mom and I have eaten there (Boma) but never stayed.

It was a fabulous read, what can I say? I started reading and I just kept plugging away!

We are staying at Port Orleans - French Quarter pre-cruise and then AKL post-cruise. Never stayed at AKL - super excited about that! Mom and I have eaten there (Boma) but never stayed.

You will love it...

Thank you so much :goodvibes

I've heard nothing but good things about Port Orleans, but I haven't even gone over to see it. I keep wanting to but never seem to fit it in. Of course I'm partial about AKL, which you will absolutely love I'm sure :)

That really is one wonderful graduation present!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter