Cruising in Feb and other ??

Lorix2

<font color=blue>Pixie and Dylan's mom<br><font co
Hello,

I have some more questions about cruising.

We're thinking about the "Wonder" for February. Is this a rough time of year to go weatherwise?

Also - can someone please tell me if our family doesn't feel like dressing up for the dinners, can we eat somewhere else on the boat that's just casual? My kids are extremely picky and so is my DH - worried we wouldn't "fit in" in the formal dining areas:(

Another thing - what is an "aft" ?

Thanks again, I need a book like cruising for dummies ;)

February is a fine time of year, weather-wise. While you can encounter rough seas at any time of year, this is not during the typical Atlantic hurricane season which runs from June through November. That said, June-November is a fine time to cruise, too. I actually prefer the fall, during the heart of hurricane season, due to the longer days and cheaper rates.

On the Wonder, all of your dinners will have suggested dress as "casual" except for Triton's, which is a bit more formal. You rotate through each of three differently themed restaurants. Only one of which asks that you dress up a bit. There are other options, including room service or pizza, burgers, chicken strips, etc. on deck 9.

"Aft" refers to the rear of the ship, "forward" to the front. The left and right are called "port" and "starboard," respectively.

We have gone 4 times now in February, and the weather has always been beautiful! #5 in coming up February of next year. We love leaving the Connecticut winters to nice warm 80's.

Robin ºOº

Thank you both Lloyd and Moocow.

Now I have a better understanding of how the dining works. Sounds exciting!

So I take it that you would be swimming in the pools in February? My kids would be so upset if the ships pool was like ice.

You can definitely swim in the ship pools in Feb. I was on the Magic this past Feb and there were a ton of people in the pools all the time!

Ooh that's good to know

So - looks like February will work out just great.

Thanks again for your help :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter