Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, I have 2 children with cerebral palsy, cortical visual impairment, septo optic dysplasia, g tubes for life, chromosomal deletions and are non Mobile and non verbal. I understand blessings and walking hard roads thank you very much. My whole life is counting blessings where they can be very difficult to find, starting with both of them waking up one more day
Sorry to have misunderstood your post.

We have been talking about doing delayed arrivals as well. But I still find myself against it for a number of reasons.

Animal Kingdom- I think this would be the one we'd be most likely to delay. BUT...that said, with it opening at 8 am, and AK being a notoriously hot park, I feel like you are giving up an hour of the coolest part of the day. And, I think I'd maybe like to get there a bit earlier, when it is cooler. So, it's definitely a tradeoff. Beat the crowds or beat the heat? Hmmmm.

HS- Rise, duh.

MK- This kind of goes back to the coolest part of the day argument. Plus, with us staying at the Grand, it makes a mid-day break pretty easy. I don't love the idea of a mid-day break on short hours. But, mathematically...if I am doing 8 hours of park time out of 10....I think I'd rather those 2 hours be in the middle of the day rather than at the beginning.

Epcot- this one is kind of tricky. I plan, like many of you are, I'm sure to do a lot of fooding at Epcot. We currently have an ADR for dinner at Via Napoli, but I'd like to do lunch either way at Regal Eagle. And....Food and Wine of course. Haha. So, with all that said, I'd like to get to the park earlier than later. I'd rather not get there at 1 o clock, rush through lunch, only have 4 or 5 hours between lunch and dinner. I feel like being able to eat earlier would be very helpful, or being able to do a thing or two before lunch makes the afternoon not so rushed.

We're staying at Kidani and going to MK this week (just a short getaway). It sounds like it might be better to wait a bit rather than rope drop. Is that still the case or has it gotten significantly busier over the last week? And would it be better to take the bus or drive?

Also, has anyone had the Chef Mickey's breakfast yet? How was it? There's no bacon, correct?

Bacon is listed on the official WDW menu and pictured in the DFB review from a week ago, so, unless the change was this weekend, I would think it is still there.

Exactly my thought processes too. I don’t see us skipping RD. MK is only real contender, because we can go back to Poly to rest. Touring will be different, we will mostly do lower key attractions first and go to headliners later since wait times support that strategy.

We have been talking about doing delayed arrivals as well. But I still find myself against it for a number of reasons.

Animal Kingdom- I think this would be the one we'd be most likely to delay. BUT...that said, with it opening at 8 am, and AK being a notoriously hot park, I feel like you are giving up an hour of the coolest part of the day. And, I think I'd maybe like to get there a bit earlier, when it is cooler. So, it's definitely a tradeoff. Beat the crowds or beat the heat? Hmmmm.

HS- Rise, duh.

MK- This kind of goes back to the coolest part of the day argument. Plus, with us staying at the Grand, it makes a mid-day break pretty easy. I don't love the idea of a mid-day break on short hours. But, mathematically...if I am doing 8 hours of park time out of 10....I think I'd rather those 2 hours be in the middle of the day rather than at the beginning.

Epcot- this one is kind of tricky. I plan, like many of you are, I'm sure to do a lot of fooding at Epcot. We currently have an ADR for dinner at Via Napoli, but I'd like to do lunch either way at Regal Eagle. And....Food and Wine of course. Haha. So, with all that said, I'd like to get to the park earlier than later. I'd rather not get there at 1 o clock, rush through lunch, only have 4 or 5 hours between lunch and dinner. I feel like being able to eat earlier would be very helpful, or being able to do a thing or two before lunch makes the afternoon not so rushed.

Regarding the crowding as DS, does anyone know if it’s just a problem in the evening, or has it gotten too crowded during the day as well?

Regarding the crowding as DS, does anyone know if it’s just a problem in the evening, or has it gotten too crowded during the day as well?
It was crowded at night, but not during the day. We left after about 45 minutes in the evening; it was swamped with unmasked locals. Forget physical distancing (as Disney calls it).

We went back one afternoon. While it was hot, the stores were mostly empty and the walkways were clear. There were lots of high school aged teens there, probably locals. They weren't great keeping masks on, but we were able to steer clear.

We're staying at Kidani and going to MK this week (just a short getaway). It sounds like it might be better to wait a bit rather than rope drop. Is that still the case or has it gotten significantly busier over the last week? And would it be better to take the bus or drive?

Also, has anyone had the Chef Mickey's breakfast yet? How was it? There's no bacon, correct?
I would wait a little later and not rope drop right now. Weird for us since we almost always rope drop. Also, we ate at Chef Mickey's and really liked it. There was bacon, as well as two types of sausage and ham. The scrambled eggs were even good. We really liked the cinnamon rolls. Everything just seemed really fresh. You also get French toast sticks, pancakes, and mickey waffles. I much prefer this version to the buffet.

I would wait a little later and not rope drop right now. Weird for us since we almost always rope drop. Also, we ate at Chef Mickey's and really liked it. There was bacon, as well as two types of sausage and ham. The scrambled eggs were even good. We really liked the cinnamon rolls. Everything just seemed really fresh. You also get French toast sticks, pancakes, and mickey waffles. I much prefer this version to the buffet.
How long did it take at Chef Mickey's? I am trying to figure out how early to make a reservation if we hope to travel by bus to HS afterward in time to try for a boarding group.

As to "rope drop" plans, I can only speak to what I saw July 15 at DHS. We left the Polynesian at 9:15 for a 10 a.m. opening. When we arrived around 9:40, we found a short line -- probably 10 parties deep in each line -- for the temperature screening. That took only three minutes. We were through the turnstile by 9:45 a.m..

Hollywood Boulevard had a few people, but nothing crazy. The MMRR queue was quickly filling, but the attraction was not opening until 10 a.m.. The other attractions were already up and running. We were on Star Tours before 10 a.m..

YMMV.

Bacon is listed on the official WDW menu and pictured in the DFB review from a week ago, so, unless the change was this weekend, I would think it is still there.
Thanks! I don't know where I got the idea that there was no bacon. Maybe it was a vestige in my brain from the furor that arose when Ohana took away the breakfast bacon. I was trying to decide whether to keep the ADR or not and if there's bacon my son will eat enough to make it worth it. Sounds good too!

Since the parks aren't anywhere near their capacity limits, maybe they could bring back the hopper option so people can go to other parks in the evening instead of crowding into DS?

This is random, but does anyone know what the prizes for Remy's Hide and Squeak Scavenger Hunt are for this year? :D
I heard it was the same plastic cups that were the prizes back in the spring for the Flower & Garden festival. Apparently this first portion of the festival is mostly F&G merch leftovers and then F&W merch will come closer to when it normally would have happened.

We did a weekend getaway to Kennedy space center on Friday and had a great time it was not very crowded. Mask compliance was very good. We did the extra 2 hour guided tour which I recommend for $20 and it includes a lunch (wrap or salad). They are also offering a ticket to come back next year since the bus tours are not running out to the launch facility. I’m a Floridian and had never been there, it was a nice educational trip with our kids. It’s a quick drive from Disney for those planning a trip to Orlando and I’m looking forward to going back next year.

We stayed two night at Disney’s vero beach resort which was beautiful. They are assigning chairs at the pool to keep social distance and capacity at a certain level. We got to see a baby turtle released into the ocean and interact with the Disney conservationists if you get to the beach around 6:30 am when they are checking on the nests. Otherwise they are not running formal turtle programs right now. It was nice weekend and we were able to socially distance very easily at both locations. It was my 40th birthday so it was a great way to celebrate and the kids learned a lot which is a bonus too!

Thanks for all the pictures from the parks everyone is posting. It’s been nice hearing everyone’s experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter