Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think people need to be realistic who are going though. Realistic about the virus itself, the situation in FL, and especially the extent to which Disney can actually prevent people from being people.

There have been so many comments (not here) since DFB posted the picture heard ‘round the Disney community with people freaking out who were formerly on board with everything and had trips planned. People expecting perfection at all times are just going to end up stressed, IMO.
Totally agree with this, Covid aside prior to this wrong things happened, many discussed on here, but relative to the good awesome things it is very very minor. It will take some time for some to feel comfortable because Disney is a very strong emotional place for many for better or for worse.

I personally feel is probably one of the most safer places to be in these times. The leading company in the world for customer service worked months to make it safe. I trust them much more than the random opinions on social media. I know that opinion upset some and not meaning to, I totally respect others opinions and concerns and people should choose for themselves as only they know their situation and risks. With the precautions and safety measures in place there isn't much safer place other than a hospital and honestly I would rather be at a Disney park.

on here it's different. But there wasn't this media firestorm about it
Don't really know if there is a "media firestorm" outside of the Disney social media community, and most of that is driven due to their desperate of lack of content.

When you have multiple vlogs about walking around empty hotels you know they are hurting, essentially the vloggers had their own ad-hoc mini convention

I am afraid it is going to really get ugly on here once the AP previews start and the shaming photos that will come from that. I don't doubt with how much traction that one photo got on social media that bloggers and vloggers and for that matter news media will actively be searching seeking to get that shot. I am looking forward to going tomorrow though and enjoying the day in a very safe environment.

I actually agree with you. Not looking forward to that.

So much ugliness right now, so much stuff going in in real life, not just Covid, that I find reading about people having fun going to Disney, trying to look forward to our upcoming vacation is what sometimes helps a dark day get better...I may just have to turn off my Facebook groups for a while (literally only on Facebook for Disney trips and cat pics, I barely friend anyone! Love Instagram though) and put to use the ignore feature here. :D

No, on this I really don't. I understand people deciding not to go is the best decision for them. With the rare exception (like comments like "lower crowds for me"), people still going seem to be fine with those not going. If my trip included seniors or a preexisting conditions that made some more susceptible to coronavirus, my decision for our trip at the end of September would be not to go. But there seems to almost be a hatred directed at those that have decided that their situation is one that they are still comfortable heading to WDW.

The hatred directed to the people who decide to go is why I wince at reading some of the responses and opinions.

I would not base your decision regarding a February trip on what you saw in pictures and videos yesterday. February is seven months away and so many things can change in that period of time. Seven months prior to now was January 2020. I don't know about you, but never in my wildest dreams did I think we would be dealing with all of this back in January of this year! Personally, I would not book anything now that isn't refundable. Give yourself enough flexibility to keep an eye on the situation and be able to cancel or reschedule with as little financial penalty as possible.

Trying to figure out how things will look one month from now is near impossible, let alone next year.
Flexibility is key, and, for me, I always err on caution. I (hopefully) have many years ahead.

Can you give me an example of experts and scientists who are advocating for out of state travel to FL?

Everyone has made their decision based on their health situation and priorities, and that’s fine. They’re accepting the risks. But come on. No expert or scientist is advocating for out of state travel to a hotspot.
I NEVER said experts said "you should travel to Florida". I said we have listened to them about the virus and have decided it's ok for us to travel. I also said others have made the opposite conclusion and that was their right. Stop trying to make me into a villain because I feel safe enough to travel. I'm sorry you don't feel safe enough but that doesn't make me wrong because I have weighed my family's personal risks and have come to the opposite conclusion.

No, on this I really don't. I understand people deciding not to go is the best decision for them. With the rare exception (like comments like "lower crowds for me"), people still going seem to be fine with those not going. If my trip included seniors or a preexisting conditions that made some more susceptible to coronavirus, my decision for our trip at the end of September would be not to go. But there seems to almost be a hatred directed at those that have decided that their situation is one that they are still comfortable heading to WDW.
I’m sorry you feel that way and of course I can only speak for myself. No hatred here. Be safe. Have a good trip.

I just hope they get the stuff fixed. ResortTV1 went through Small World yesterday and it looks like there are things broken down in there as well, the Don Quixote figure wasn't working right and one of the eye light bulbs in the hippo was burned out. This was in addition to the John animatronic breaking down in CoP. I'm surprised they didn't check everything before they opened to make sure everything was running correctly. They had weeks to get it all in order.

The hatred directed to the people who decide to go is why I wince at reading some of the responses and opinions.
I think there are people on both sides that can be quick to disregard others opinions. I’ll give you that. The more these things go on the more I realize the idea of respectful debate and agreeing to disagree is just lost on a lot of people. Again I wish you a good safe trip.
And I’ll leave my comments on this at that. Moving on. Respect

I NEVER said experts said "you should travel to Florida". I said we have listened to them about the virus and have decided it's ok for us to travel. I also said others have made the opposite conclusion and that was their right. Stop trying to make me into a villain because I feel safe enough to travel. I'm sorry you don't feel safe enough but that doesn't make me wrong because I have weighed my family's personal risks and have come to the opposite conclusion.

Don’t feel sorry because I “don’t feel safe enough.” My kid is higher risk, so it’s not even an option to consider - the answer is clear for us, nothing to weigh.

You’re right. Yes, everyone makes their own personal risk assessment. I’m only concerned that not everyone has considered those risks. I really do hope you have a great and safe trip.

Last edited:
I just hope they get the stuff fixed. ResortTV1 went through Small World yesterday and it looks like there are things broken down in there as well, the Don Quixote figure wasn't working right and one of the eye light bulbs in the hippo was burned out. This was in addition to the John animatronic breaking down in CoP. I'm surprised they didn't check everything before they opened to make sure everything was running correctly. They had weeks to get it all in order.

I would bet a lot on the fact that they did check everything and run through everything and didn’t just throw it all open. These things happened before somewhat frequently, if anything it’s a return to normal to be talking about malfunctioning animatronics and things like Jungle Cruise boats sinking 🙃

Don't really know if there is a "media firestorm" outside of the Disney social media community, and most of that is driven due to their desperate of lack of content.

When you have multiple vlogs about walking around empty hotels you know they are hurting, essentially the vloggers had their own ad-hoc mini convention
There is. There was a whole segment on Robin Meade this morning about the CM preview yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter