Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing more and more reports on Twitter and FB that Springs in the evenings is very crowded (making it hard to physically distance), that a lot of restaurants seem uncomfortably full, and that mask compliance there in the evenings is getting worse.

It makes sense that Springs would be the place everyone goes when most parks close before dark and you can’t hop to a later-closing park. I wonder if Disney sees this as a concern, and if so, I wonder if we’ll see them adjust park hours or do something at resorts or something to entice people away from Springs.

Seeing more and more reports on Twitter and FB that Springs in the evenings is very crowded (making it hard to physically distance), that a lot of restaurants seem uncomfortably full, and that mask compliance there in the evenings is getting worse.

It makes sense that Springs would be the place everyone goes when most parks close before dark and you can’t hop to a later-closing park. I wonder if Disney sees this as a concern, and if so, I wonder if we’ll see them adjust park hours or do something at resorts or something to entice people away from Springs.
That was definitely our experience. We went last Tuesday, got there around 5pm. It was okay at first, but after 7pm or so (aka when the last open park closed) it became substantially busier. Definitely less attention paid to distancing, and we saw lots of people incorrectly wearing masks, or not wearing them at all. Some had them hanging from their wrist. I made the comment that it was like “the Walmart of Disney World”. We didn’t go back after that evening.

We went to Disney Springs one evening. It was a disaster. Numerous people without masks, clogged walkways, people right on our heels. We left soon after arriving.

We returned two days later during the afternoon. It was a better experience, but we still saw many school-age locals without masks.

The virus will and is killing our economy even if we don't shut down. Businesses will close naturally because they don't have enough workers, people are too scared and not enough come to make it profitable or the owner is dead or incapacitated because of Covid. We will be in a deep Depression regardless. Just what will happen. Staying open won't stop it.
You need a happy place. Seriously.

That's a nice relaxation station.

Are people allowed to eat in there? Meaning - can they grab food/wine stuff and bring it in? Or is it just for taking a break with mask off?
Idk the answer to your question, but it is a nice relaxation station. All the ones I saw in MK were outside in the blazing sun.

We went to Disney Springs one evening. It was a disaster. Numerous people without masks, clogged walkways, people right on our heels. We left soon after arriving.

We returned two days later during the afternoon. It was a better experience, but we still saw many school-age locals without masks.
Weird how the media who supposedly love any disney story isn't covering that though.

For those that saw pictures of crowded land pavilion and was nervous.

I show you this

View attachment 511716

I didn’t think The Land was busy, but the way they had traffic controlled was a bit rodiculous and I think did more harm than good as far as distancing went. From Soarin we couldn’t get to the restrooms right next to it. Ok, just walk around we thought, nope we were forced to go up the stairs and then to the left of GG; so essentially they force you to walk all the way out of the pavilion after riding Soarin no matter what, which just leads to a lot of confused people standing around. Then again we decided not to do LWTL and the new video as a result so maybe they got what they wanted.

The virus will and is killing our economy even if we don't shut down. Businesses will close naturally because they don't have enough workers, people are too scared and not enough come to make it profitable or the owner is dead or incapacitated because of Covid. We will be in a deep Depression regardless. Just what will happen. Staying open won't stop it.
Everywhere I go is as full as capacity will allow so it’s not the case here or in the places I’ve been in FL that ppl are too scared to go out.

Everywhere I go is as full as capacity will allow so it’s not the case here or in the places I’ve been in FL that ppl are too scared to go out.
You mean disney? because if you do that is clearly not true with reservations wide open still for non-APs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter