Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the phone lines open at a certain time? Or do I just have to keep redialing until I have the pleasure of being put on hold?

Is it just me or do you think it’s possible that Disney made the resort guest pool larger then it needed to be and the AP pool smaller then it could be so they could get more people to spend $$$ to stay on property? Now I know a lot of those spots will fill up for guest park reservations once they open up more resorts but it makes one wonder 🤔

If that was the case, they'd let me book a hotel stay so I could get in on the 11th. But I can't even do that. I just have to sit here and refresh like an idiot thinking this will be the time it actually lets me book it when it shows availability. It sounds like we are the only ones mentioning that problem. 2 computers, 2 phones, same thing every time.

Um...how sure are we that APs were going to be capped at 3 reservations at a time? I just got 7. All for EPCOT, no more than one per month (starting in August), and I have a Weekday Select. I didn’t try for an 8th because I don’t know my schedule that far into 2021. They’re all showing up in My Plans.

dates definitely going quicker for passholders than resort guests

11th - 14th, and 18th and 19th gone for all parks, 15th only has AK left, and then DHS also gone on 16th, 17th, 20th, 25th, and 26th AND August 1, 7, 8, 9, 15. MK and AK also gone on August 8th

Is it just me or do you think it’s possible that Disney made the resort guest pool larger then it needed to be and the AP pool smaller then it could be so they could get more people to spend $$$ to stay on property? Now I know a lot of those spots will fill up for guest park reservations once they open up more resorts but it makes one wonder 🤔

I think APs are definitely getting the short end of the stick here, but the resort guest pool is also accounting for future bookings, which I imagine are quite difficult to forecast right now. That pool has to cover the 2020 bookings when they reopen and also the 2021 new bookings.

If I was still an AP I would not be pleased, however. This gives me a lot to consider since I was planning on getting an AP again next year. Hopefully things smooth out after the first few months of craziness when Disney is better able to accurately assess demand in these categories.

Just in case anyone else has this issue: My friend was trying to make reservations for 3 days for her hubby. It allowed her to make the HS and MK but kept saying EPCOT was unavailable, despite the calendar showing available. After continuing thru to confirm the HS and MK days she was able to go back in and select EPCOT without issue.

Also some are saying they were able to make their 3 AP reservations outside of their already reserved days for their resort stays. I haven't been able to make any additional, but if it's a glitch you may just keep checking back to see if they'll fix the issue.

Um...how sure are we that APs were going to be capped at 3 reservations at a time? I just got 7. All for EPCOT, no more than one per month (starting in August), and I have a Weekday Select. I didn’t try for an 8th because I don’t know my schedule that far into 2021. They’re all showing up in My Plans.

hmmm, I just tried to make ours (we aren't going until 2021 so wasn't too concerned about getting them) and after 3 it said that we reached our limit - do you have other tickets or a resort stay as well?

I tried for a 4th (out of curiosity) and could not. I have a platinum ap.

They had to have, so when they sell rooms again those families have parks to go to .

hmmm, I just tried to make ours (we aren't going until 2021 so wasn't too concerned about getting them) and after 3 it said that we reached our limit - do you have other tickets or a resort stay as well?
No, just the AP. It just kept asking me if I wanted to make another pass?

I think APs are definitely getting the short end of the stick here, but the resort guest pool is also accounting for future bookings, which I imagine are quite difficult to forecast right now. That pool has to cover the 2020 bookings when they reopen and also the 2021 new bookings.

If I was still an AP I would not be pleased, however. This gives me a lot to consider since I was planning on getting an AP again next year. Hopefully things smooth out after the first few months of craziness when Disney is better able to accurately assess demand in these categories.
I agree with you. I am an out of state DVC AP that only stays on property so this system is great for me ( except for DVC bookings which I won’t go into) but if I was a local AP I would not be happy at all.

Me too. This is awful. Disney called me today and basically said, sorry. No real solutions. I live 990 miles away and have no idea what to do. Cancel and refund or hold and risk. It's not what I bargained for when I dropped $2400 for two annual passes with NO blackout dates. Everything is a blackout date now.

Hi Neighbor! I have the Gold AP via DVC and it's really suspect to keep it with these restrictions. It should be if you're staying on property those days are part of the resort allotment, and as an AP you can pick 3 days, and pick a new one after one of those 3 drop off. Instead it's this nonsense. It'll be interesting to see how Hershey Park fares next week when it opens.

With all the reduced benefits of a local AP, it's clear Disney thinks the money lies with out of state visitors, staying on site. This is something I've said for years. We're out of state AP holders who visit multiple times a year. I've always thought the AP was an amazing bargain. Even with the price increases, I cover the cost of my AP with my first visit every year. While others would rant about the rate increases, I could still more than justify the expense.

For us, it will depend on just how things settle out as to whether continuing to buy an AP is worth it or not. Right now it isn't. Restrictions aside, we aren't visiting FL with the rising numbers so whether there's enough value in the AP is irrelevant. We're getting a refund on our active AP's. I have a voucher that I'm holding on to with plenty of time to see how things end up on a permanent basis.

The only solution for locals is to not book a resort stay until just before your stay. I'm not sure it really affects all that many local AP's. I would think a great many who live with a few hours or closer to WDW don't stay all that often or for all that long. Yes, some do, but I would bet a majority do not. Right now, Disney's looking short term and the focus is on $$$$$ only. That's not the route I'd take, but it's the one they've chosen.

The Chapek way. I wouldn't be surprised to see after this period of a year + if his role is re-evaluated by the board. You still have Bob working on creative that can just hop back in, plus a couple of successors shooting up the ranks real fast so it makes a CEO change easier than normal if Chapek perfoms poorly.

Yeah if you don't have one I'd wait. Remember you can always upgrade your regular ticket media to an AP on site and get that value credited towards it. Granted you don't get AP room deals, but I'm guessing those aren't necessarily in the cards short term anyway.

I`m not an AP so can`t test it but

I was wondering If you are an AP holding onsite reservation maybe you can pick from the onsite bucket

and for your 3 days from the AP bucket too ?

Maybe some already tried but If not maybe wort a try

Yeah if you don't have one I'd wait. Remember you can always upgrade your regular ticket media to an AP on site and get that value credited towards it. Granted you don't get AP room deals, but I'm guessing those aren't necessarily in the cards short term anyway.
Oh, I'm definitely waiting. Especially with this mess! I wouldn't be purchasing until next spring at the earliest anyway, so we'll see how things are by then. Who knows, there could be a world of difference.
I had an AP for a few years but ditched it when I moved to Virginia. Now that I'm moving back to GA for work, it might make sense to get one again, but we will see how things play out. We are still eligible for military tickets until the spring, so I'll definitely be exhausting that option first.

If this doesn't all smooth out I wouldn't be surprised to see quite an impact on AP sales.

Last edited:
I`m not an AP so can`t test it but

I was wondering If you are an AP holding onsite reservation maybe you can pick from the onsite bucket

and for your 3 days from the AP bucket too ?

Maybe some already tried but If not maybe wort a try
I have a DVC Gold AP that expires in Oct. I have 8 park days reserved with an onsite DVC stay in July (had zero issues booking them Monday morning]. I just went in the system to book AP-only days in September. I was only able to book one day. When I tried for the second day, I got the “Disney Park Pass limit reached” error.

I was able to make 7 park reservations for my resort stay and the 2 additional days with my AP. But when I try to make a 3rd it says my pass would require a resort stay

I was able to make 7 park reservations for my resort stay and the 2 additional days with my AP. But when I try to make a 3rd it says my pass would require a resort stay
I am wondering if people have "leftover" availability on their resort stay because they aren't booking reservations for check-in day and check-out day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter