Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what I have been told, I would say yes, as long as moving people to DVC villas and not opening other resorts is the plan,

What is sounds like is that they are trying to hold off as long as they can to open regular resorts to make things easier to manage, like housekeeping, transportation etc,

Of course, the plan may not work very well for very long if they have too many people to move and not enough villas.
Any guess when they would alert guests that are being moved? Like will they let you know a week out or just tell you at check in?

FOMO. Every time I step away, I miss something important! My stomach wishes I would step away though.

I took a 33 hour break from this Thread and just poked back in and read the last 10 pages and y’all until there’s some actual hard news, Im back to the break. I suggest maybe everyone else would benefit from the same - I can hear some of you biting your fingernails off!

Any guess when they would alert guests that are being moved? Like will they let you know a week out or just tell you at check in?

Nope..she was given no other info...she did say when she begins to get confirmation that when clients have been notified, she will let me know.

She said she’d also keep me in the loop if she hears any updates to policies and such.

As I said when I first posted this info, everything is subject to change, but she would not have shared the info if it didn’t in some way come to them from Disney.

I’ll post back to the thread again when I get either further confirmation...or confirmation its No longer going to happen.

I just hope we do not get canceled. That’s my fear.
I am at FQ and am worried they may just cancel me.

Id give Disney a call and find out. They should at least be able to tell you if they are still canceling or if that is on hold for now.

I know before park opening dates were announced resort cancels matched park hours.

Nope..she was given no other info...she did say when she begins to get confirmation that when clients have been notified, she will let me know.

She said she’d also keep me in the loop if she hears any updates to policies and such.

As I said when I first posted this info, everything is subject to change, but she would not have shared the info if it didn’t in some way come to them from Disney.

I’ll post back to the thread again when I get either further confirmation...or confirmation its No longer going to happen.

I appreciated you passing on the info that you heard. While I have a hard time believing this is how things are going to finally work out I know you are just passing on the info you have and do appreciate that. More info is a good thing.

I just hope we do not get canceled. That’s my fear.
I am at FQ and am worried they may just cancel me.

Same. Booked at FG and all I want is to just be able to go and get in the parks. I work in mental health and Disney is my escape and I need my escape lol. I don’t care about an upgrade, I don’t care if they keep me at FQ, move me to All Stars or they can even move me to a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER and I would be fine with it. Just LET ME IN!!

Same. Booked at FG and all I want is to just be able to go and get in the parks. I work in mental health and Disney is my escape and I need my escape lol. I don’t care about an upgrade, I don’t care if they keep me at FQ, move me to All Stars or they can even move me to a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER and I would be fine with it. Just LET ME IN!!

I'm sorry but the van down by the river is already occupied. :-)

Us too! We really like the manageability of POFQ's size (and of course the beignets!) However, I'm also kind of intrigued by the idea of potentially being forced to finally experience a resort I've never been to!
I really love POFQ too. And I’d happily leave Pop for POFQ. Lol.
I just wouldn’t want to leave Pop for some of the deluxe resorts.

I appreciated you passing on the info that you heard. While I have a hard time believing this is how things are going to finally work out I know you are just passing on the info you have and do appreciate that. More info is a good thing.

Thank you. I do want to add that I confirmed with her that what she told me came to them directly from Disney..but with the caveat subject to change

The actual email she cc’d me on that was sent to her clients included the exact information that was in the Disney communication.

I was starting to feel bad that Maybe I was misrepresenting things but feel better to have confirmed with her the source!

Just an update-
Poor phone CM does not know
Told me to monitor the website for up to date information.
Well this website has the most up to date so I will be here monitoring
I was on the website last night and the chat bubble kept popping up so I gave in and asked a question. :chat: I told the CM that I wanted to move our trip to May 2021 from July 30. He said the same thing. They didn't know when we could make modifications again.

Thank you. I do want to add that I confirmed with her that what she told me came to them directly from Disney..but with the caveat subject to change

The actual email she cc’d me on that was sent to her clients included the exact information that was in the Disney communication.

I was starting to feel bad that Maybe I was misrepresenting things but feel better to have confirmed with her the source!

good to hear. Seems like a weird way to handle things but nothing in this whole situation has been normal.

good to hear. Seems like a weird way to handle things but nothing in this whole situation has been normal.

Agree. I did reach out to another TA I know. If I get similar or different info I’ll share!

i just need to be sure I stay in the rumors board!

I took a 33 hour break from this Thread and just poked back in and read the last 10 pages and y’all until there’s some actual hard news, Im back to the break. I suggest maybe everyone else would benefit from the same - I can hear some of you biting your fingernails off!

I’ve been taking a break (with a few pop in’s) because when it comes to ADRs and FP being cancelled, I have no dog in the fight. Ive never made an ADR in my life, and typically I do FP reservations a week or two before my trips, though I did go the 60 days this time. Not that it matters, the trip with those FPs was cancelled weeks ago

I HAVE a current reservation for the closure period (July 5-11), but was hoping to modify to arrive on the 12th. All the talk about "those with current reservations" is so confusing... is it current reservations after the reopening, or current reservations that could be for dates when they are closed?
I’ve taken it to mean people with current reservations during the time the parks will be open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter