CRT question

apress

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Hoping someone could help me. We made a reservation at CRT back at the 180 day mark and now that free dining came out we added that to our reservation. Our credit card has already been charged and when I called the CM to see how to handle this, they said that our credit card charge will not be reversed until we actually have the meal. Is this true?

Hi,

Hoping someone could help me. We made a reservation at CRT back at the 180 day mark and now that free dining came out we added that to our reservation. Our credit card has already been charged and when I called the CM to see how to handle this, they said that our credit card charge will not be reversed until we actually have the meal. Is this true?

That is true...they charge you when you make the ressie as a guarantee that
you'll show up. If you're a no show and haven't cancelled in advance, then you lose the $. If you show up and have the dining plan, they run your dining card and then reverse the charge on your CC. At least, that's
how they did it for us at Easter.

Hi,

I got a credit on my credit card when I did this last time. That was only about 1 month before our trip, and the money was back on my card about two weeks later.

You can use your credit card to guarentee the reservation and have them refund the charge. They will "cancel" your current reservation and give you a new reservation for the same time and same date with a credit card hold only. Then, if you don't show up, they will charge you a fee.

Similar problem happened with me this week, they have to re-book your 'new' adr first as you are not guaranteed your earlier adr if someone nips in between you cancelling it and re-booking. If they are able to re-book a new adr at the correct time using your credit card to hold then they can refund your original one.

Had no problems doing it at 180 days out but not sure how you would get on closer to the date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter