• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Crowds during Run Disney

Marathon weekend doesn't always bring in the most crowds. Princess weekend is also very popular.

I'd also say Star Wars is probably going to be the most crowded race weekend because it aligns in the spring break period for some.

This years marathon weekend was more crowded than I've ever seen it mostly because of the way the holidays fell this year.

It was just more of a logistical more thing. Marathon weekend has an entire extra event that no other weekend has and is a day longer. I'm not sure what the numbers are but I'm sure there isn't enough overlap between the half and the full to make other weekends have more than marathon unless they drastically up the numbers for other weekends.

many runners get out of there fast and the last of the school holiday crowd should have left over the weekend as well. cold doesn't hurt getting people away..

What did ride lines look like? I've noticed the hub isn't the same type of crowd anymore now that msep is gone and many spread out more until very last second.

Lines were typical during my trip 1/3 - 1/9. The marathon crowds drove the wait times up during the early afternoons, but all in all I found waits to be minimal. 1/8 around 11 am at MK Little Mermaid was about 20-25 minutes, Pan at 40 (didn't wait), jumped on SDMT right as it finally opened for the first time that day with a 25 minute wait, but that of course jumped right to 90 soon after, let's see...around 1PM haunted was about 25, pirates I think at 40...

The cold did not deter anyone except for perhaps HS and definitely SWAGS on the 7th. We waited for Chewie about 30 minutes in the early/mid afternoon. That was a miserable, cold night, but we stuck it out. Our busiest two days were 1/4 Epcot and 1/5 MK. But neither held a candle to any day in the height of summer. Only one ride had a line we had never seen the likes of before - Three Caballeros in Mexico, lol.

Last edited:
It was just more of a logistical more thing. Marathon weekend has an entire extra event that no other weekend has and is a day longer. I'm not sure what the numbers are but I'm sure there isn't enough overlap between the half and the full to make other weekends have more than marathon unless they drastically up the numbers for other weekends.
That's true but Princess weekend does have some high numbers and I want to say does come close to marathon weekend even though it has one less event. It's just that popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter