CRO has no clue!

MegaDisney

Mouseketeer
At least, some of the reservationists don't. I called today because I currently have the AAA rate of $107/night at POFQ for early December. I was concerned because even though I have an AP, it was my understanding (from everything I've read) that if an AP rate were to come out for my room that CRO would not automatically apply the discount since I am not booked at rack rate.

When I explained this all to the woman at CRO, she had no clue what I was talking about. In fact, she told me I would absolutely have to call for the AP discount, that they weren't available yet for December, and that there is no way that CRO would automatically apply the AP rate for me. I told her what I was reading on-line about this new program (on the AP discount website no less) and she still told me I was wrong. She advised me to keep the AAA rate for now and keep calling back for AP discounts. Sigh.

Well, I guess I'll call back and see if I can get someone else. My thinking is I should book at the rack rate and let them know I am an AP holder so I can get the discount applied automatically. If I could just get someone at CRO to help me out!!

Just an FYI....

You can only take advantage of this through the Annual passholder website and booking online under the best rate program. :flower:

I don't think CRO can do this for you.

The only way to get the "automatic" deal is to book via the website as an AP and pay the non refundable deposit. They can't just change your AAA rate automatically when the new rates come out.

Thanks guys....just so I understand- the only way to have it done automatically is through the website? So I guess I should just cancel my AAA ressie altogether and start fresh on-line- if I can get on-line, that is! Hopefully the kinks will be worked out in the next few days.

You know what's odd? When I initially made the POFQ reservation back in May, I booked at rack rate because the woman at CRO told me that she would go in and automatically adjust my rate for me when the AP discounts came out. I couldn't believe what she was saying, but she was very firm and told me yes, she would do this- I could still call and check but that she would do it for me. I ended up calling back a few days later to change to the AAA rate becuase I wanted to make sure I got SOME discount- now I wonder if I should have just left the ressie alone. Maybe she knew back then that this program was coming?

MegaDisney said:
Thanks guys....just so I understand- the only way to have it done automatically is through the website? So I guess I should just cancel my AAA ressie altogether and start fresh on-line- if I can get on-line, that is! Hopefully the kinks will be worked out in the next few days.

You know what's odd? When I initially made the POFQ reservation back in May, I booked at rack rate because the woman at CRO told me that she would go in and automatically adjust my rate for me when the AP discounts came out. I couldn't believe what she was saying, but she was very firm and told me yes, she would do this- I could still call and check but that she would do it for me. I ended up calling back a few days later to change to the AAA rate becuase I wanted to make sure I got SOME discount- now I wonder if I should have just left the ressie alone. Maybe she knew back then that this program was coming?

Yes-only through the website under the NEW program. Make sure you understand the terms before you do it-the deposit is non-refundable, etc.

I wouldn't cancel your other reservation until after you make the new one.

MegaDisney said:

that agent was not following policy...cro is an inbound call center and does not automatically apply discounts to reservations, a guest has to call and request it. the new best rate program will automatically lower your rate, but cro cannot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter