Crazy direct incentives at BWV

Interested in purchasing with these new incentives. Can I change use years and still get the Existing Member Add on price?

You can get a new UY, and must meet the 150 minimum…but they will give you current member pricing, even though it’s a new membership.

Well, that’s what they did for us a few years back.

https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/nm/Aulani_Member_DeveloperCredit_CashOnly.pdf
That Aulani jump at 300 is huge!!!! 133/point! Dear lord. I will never go to Aulani, don't want to own in Hawaii, and I gotta say this has me thinking...

Maybe Aulani is on the chopping block, and this is last call before some other hotel company buys them all for $80.
Haha, as I was reading this, I started to think that I should buy Aulani. I do travel to Hawaii, love that particular island, but don't like the part of island that Aulani is on. Still was thinking I need to buy it, though. That is, until you said maybe it's on the chopping block. It should be on the chopping block, even if it isn't. Your post had me all over the place. :rotfl2:

@Theta, I can't seem to "reply", so much for internet at OKW! We corresponded via email but we have an invitation to meet up. We are all going to O'Hana tonight, so we'll see if son and DIL mind us spending THEIR inheritance LOL!! No new info other than the points/price chart...will keep you guys posted if I get any info!

You can get a new UY, and must meet the 150 minimum…but they will give you current member pricing, even though it’s a new membership.

Well, that’s what they did for us a few years back.

Oops, I meant to say, I bought resale at a different resort and a have a different use year, will I still get existing DVC member pricing at a new resort and use year?

BWV is all about location, location, location! It is much easier for me to get to International Gateway via boats than the parking lot issue, even if I get a HA spot. OKW just has the vibe we love, but we really do need some BWV, at least enough to do a split stay...thinking this "deal" might reduce asking prices or give a resale a bit more negotiating power?

We're getting a big check in about a week for the ROFR'd OKW (2042) we unloaded for $116 pp, though that was because it was 2042. Do we buy 2057 for our kids or be selfish and buy for us?? Decisions, decisions LOL!

If you own resale points only, if you wanted to "add on," which set of incentives are you offered? The new member options or the add-on/existing member options?

Well after a night of re-crunching numbers and planning out next 3 years of WDW trips, we decided to only get 100 pts at BWV. Let me be clear, this add-on will NOT save us any money and is NOT an investment. This will however allow us to book BWV at 11 months, get the Standard Rooms, and free up our 160 BLT Points for other trips. We have Pre-Paid of BWV Lodging for the next 21 years period! The buy-in cost per point Lifetime is $9.78 (plus yearly MF's) with little hope of any resale return (hence we plan to keep it until it expires). Compare that to our BLT buy-in-cost per point Lifetime of $2.49 (plus MF's), and we can still get a fair resale price should be decide to sell. Sure wish I had done this resale back when you could get BWV for a song.

And so now that we have these extra points, of course we will be going more often. So for 2022, we will be getting the Sorcerer's AP's and they ain't cheap compared to the DVC AP Vouchers I still have saved away from 2011. Again, we are NOT saving any money, and that's alright. We're in our mid-60's, still waiting for grand kids, and we have the funds to enjoy ourselves. And we really enjoy WDW, and BWV now that the Scary Clown is gone!

Even with these 'new' higher costs, our trips to WDW are still a bargain compared to the other vacations we take (River Cruises, etc.). It's just part of the Retirement Life of Leisure mix. Oh and I'm a planner, so my spreadsheets are really going to some serious upgrades and loving attention.

So excited to be BWV owners. Points are already in my account, I've banked into 2022 and booked a Sept 2022 trip (love the low point chart). Interestingly though was that the BWV Standard View Studios went from fully available last night to mostly gone today. I think a lot of people jumped on the incentive bandwagon and are booking.

Interestingly though was that the BWV Standard View Studios went from fully available last night to mostly gone today

They’re always a difficult booking category, along with the standard 2BR, which are all lockoffs. Boardwalk view is a little easier, but both are frequently walked and booked.

Boardwalk view is one of my DVC bucket list goals.

Glad you’re happy with your purchase. It’s really a great buy.

Last edited:
Well after a night of re-crunching numbers and planning out next 3 years of WDW trips, we decided to only get 100 pts at BWV. Let me be clear, this add-on will NOT save us any money and is NOT an investment. This will however allow us to book BWV at 11 months, get the Standard Rooms, and free up our 160 BLT Points for other trips. We have Pre-Paid of BWV Lodging for the next 21 years period! The buy-in cost per point Lifetime is $9.78 (plus yearly MF's) with little hope of any resale return (hence we plan to keep it until it expires). Compare that to our BLT buy-in-cost per point Lifetime of $2.49 (plus MF's), and we can still get a fair resale price should be decide to sell. Sure wish I had done this resale back when you could get BWV for a song.

And so now that we have these extra points, of course we will be going more often. So for 2022, we will be getting the Sorcerer's AP's and they ain't cheap compared to the DVC AP Vouchers I still have saved away from 2011. Again, we are NOT saving any money, and that's alright. We're in our mid-60's, still waiting for grand kids, and we have the funds to enjoy ourselves. And we really enjoy WDW, and BWV now that the Scary Clown is gone!

Even with these 'new' higher costs, our trips to WDW are still a bargain compared to the other vacations we take (River Cruises, etc.). It's just part of the Retirement Life of Leisure mix. Oh and I'm a planner, so my spreadsheets are really going to some serious upgrades and loving attention.

So excited to be BWV owners. Points are already in my account, I've banked into 2022 and booked a Sept 2022 trip (love the low point chart). Interestingly though was that the BWV Standard View Studios went from fully available last night to mostly gone today. I think a lot of people jumped on the incentive bandwagon and are booking.

Congrats!

My guess is that Boardwalk has reached the magic inflection point where Disney is getting points through ROFR and from non-payment of dues and estates and the expiration date is not attractive to younger purchasers. We bought BWV back in 2002 - our kids were toddlers. Now they are young adults. We were in our 30s - we are now in our 50s. Folks like us may be reevaluating our Disney commitment - especially in the time of Covid - we are at the higher risk age (and many people my age have other risk factors - weight, heart issues, etc.) m- our kids are young adults - and like many in that demographic show little sign of giving us grandkids for us to take to Disney (neither of my own kids date or want children - its difficult to afford them and the world is uncertain). It isn't as popular for ownership as BCV - which is especially appealing to families who are going to use the pool - the members are probably older on average. So Disney has scooped up contracts, now has a lot of points, and is able to put through a fire sale. They may have also changed strategy during Covid - its possible they were looking at owning enough points to start renovations for BWV II - maybe floor by floor - and had started collecting points for that purpose....and decided sales were slow enough to revisit that idea - or they might have legal issues removing certain room locations from ownership.

My guess is that Boardwalk has reached the magic inflection point where Disney is getting points through ROFR and from non-payment of dues and estates and the expiration date is not attractive to younger purchasers. We bought BWV back in 2002 - our kids were toddlers. Now they are young adults. We were in our 30s - we are now in our 50s. Folks like us may be reevaluating our Disney commitment - especially in the time of Covid - we are at the higher risk age (and many people my age have other risk factors - weight, heart issues, etc.) m- our kids are young adults - and like many in that demographic show little sign of giving us grandkids for us to take to Disney (neither of my own kids date or want children - its difficult to afford them and the world is uncertain). It isn't as popular for ownership as BCV - which is especially appealing to families who are going to use the pool - the members are probably older on average. So Disney has scooped up contracts, now has a lot of points, and is able to put through a fire sale. They may have also changed strategy during Covid - its possible they were looking at owning enough points to start renovations for BWV II - maybe floor by floor - and had started collecting points for that purpose....and decided sales were slow enough to revisit that idea - or they might have legal issues removing certain room locations from ownership.
Interesting ideas, and all definitely reasonable. Our family is older than yours, and the adult kids still like to go to WDW but don't have any interest in owning DVC. We're hoping to hang on until the end of our contract, as much to see how it's handled as anything, but we're beginning to have elder issues that can interfere with planning and travel commitments, so I could definitely see DVC acquiring increasing numbers of BWV and other 2042 resort points from original owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter