CR South Garden Wing and concerns re Smoking

jaysue

DIS Veteran
I believe that the South Wing has 1st and 3rd floors for smoking rooms and that SOG is occupying all(?) of the North Wing. I am concerned even though I asked for non-smoking that I will get the 2nd floor at South Wing and be able to notice the smoke either from the ground floor hallways or just by having smoking above and below me (in theory)

I am wondering if I should modify my room preference to indicate North Wing in addition to the non-smoking. While not a direct medical reason, my son does rely on puffers from time to time.

thoughts/advice?

thanks
jaysue

jaysue, We just returned home yesterday from the Contemporary. We had a room in the South Garden wing on the first floor. We did not ask for a non smoking room but there were no ashtrays in our room. We also did not smell smoke in our room at all or in the hallways.
Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

Now you have my curiousity piqued - what kind of view did you have from your room and would you recommend the room to others - having never stayed at CR, I am not sure which room area to ask for...

thanks
jaysue

Even though the rooms are non smoking that doesnt mean you will not encounter smoke as it is perfectly acceptable to step outside your room and smoke. This is totally condoned by the resort and they will bring you an ashtray. I smoke and they brought me one but I stepped away from our patio room to smoke so the smoke wouldnt affect other guests. I was told by more than one CM that smoking on the balcony or the patio was perfectly fine. Just not my style.

jaysue,
We had a garden view room booked. We were given room #1524. Nice view you looked out to the pool area and also part of the lake. I liked the rooms location as it was not right up against the pool-separated by some lawn and shrubs.
The patio always had shade which I liked. My sons enjoyed the patio because the ducks came right up and ate from thier hands. We did not have any bird droppings on our patio as I have read other posters have had.
We would stay in that room again in a minute! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter