Covid State of Emergency Executive order expires for Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

The executive order is a big part of how they can not except medical accommodations though.

and either way it’s still a big step toward normal overall
Can you be more specific regarding what medical accommodations are tied to this? Because from what I have seen, WDW is more restrictive than other parks in Orlando even. For example, Universal Orlando allows for face shields in place of masks while WDW does not.

It appears the state of emergency declaration is a requirement of federal assistance. Renewal, possibly with some changes seems likely to me
I agree with PP, probably won't affect Disney either way.
FL ban on use of vaccination and/or covid test status could limit some options available to Disney.

Edited to add I suspect CDC guidelines allows Disney to limit medical exceptions.
Many Disney attractions worldwide have a FP entrance and a standby entrance. I can see, in areas where permitted, one entrance being used for vaccinated guests. That queue wouldn't require social distancing.

Last edited:

Can you be more specific regarding what medical accommodations are tied to this? Because from what I have seen, WDW is more restrictive than other parks in Orlando even. For example, Universal Orlando allows for face shields in place of masks while WDW does not.

I have seen multiple posts in various places that the state of emergency is why places don’t have to provide accommodations for masks.

Looks like masks will be required for awhile at Disney still. From the CDC today they said.

Fully vaccinated people can also attend "a crowded, outdoor event, like a live performance, parade, or sports event," as long as they remain masked.

Disney would fall under that.

Since Disney is not a public space they can make there own rules to be more strict than what Florida is requiring. I would expect no changes in regards to masks until some time next year (hopefully it will happen then). I think that they are just being extra cautious as they don't want a case linked back to them if at all possible. Of course that would be hard to do as many people fly and they can just as easily contract it in that manner. I am planning a trip for January and I expect to have to wear masks even then. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they will start opening up more restaurants and other things like fireworks and shows!!!!

It appears the state of emergency declaration is a requirement of federal assistance. Renewal, possibly with some changes seems likely to me
I agree with PP, probably won't affect Disney either way.
FL ban on use of vaccination and/or covid test status could limit some options available to Disney.

Edited to add I suspect CDC guidelines allows Disney to limit medical exceptions.
Many Disney attractions worldwide have a FP entrance and a standby entrance. I can see, in areas where permitted, one entrance being used for vaccinated guests. That queue wouldn't require social distancing.

yeah that won’t happen. You would be on the way to creating a two-tiered society. DeSantis has said he’s not going to allow that in Florida.
And how would you even do that? Vaccinated people wear wristbands or something that gives them special privileges? You even think Disney would want to get involved in something like that.

yeah that won’t happen. You would be on the way to creating a two-tiered society. DeSantis has said he’s not going to allow that in Florida.
And how would you even do that? Vaccinated people wear wristbands or something that gives them special privileges? You even think Disney would want to get involved in something like that.
It's not special privileges, it's what would be medically appropriate. Those who are vaccinated should reap the benefits of going maskless because they are protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter