COVID cancel policy

paladin732

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We have a concierge room booked and want to know if anyone knows if the following still applies:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/health-safety/covid-policy/

Seems like it still applies as I don’t see any limited date on it.

The policy essentially states that if you test COVID positive right before the cruise, you can get a full refund (and doesn’t seem to exclude any room type).

What if a member of my traveling party tests positive for COVID-19 prior to the cruise?
A:
Guests who test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of their sail date can apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date or receive a refund in their original form of payment without Disney-imposed cancellation fees. Please note that travel insurance and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines, are not refundable.
When applying the cruise fare toward a future sail date:
  • New sail date is subject to availability
  • If an offer was used to book the original sail date, it may not be available or applicable to the new sail date; offer terms and conditions will apply, including blockout dates
  • Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy
If you booked your reservation before December 9, 2022, you can view information about the Flexible Refund Policy here

Hi!

We have a concierge room booked and want to know if anyone knows if the following still applies:

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/health-safety/covid-policy/

Seems like it still applies as I don’t see any limited date on it.

The policy essentially states that if you test COVID positive right before the cruise, you can get a full refund (and doesn’t seem to exclude any room type).
I don't think this policy is still in effect. I tested positive for Covid within 10 days of my cruise last summer, and was told they hoped I would get better in time for the cruise and be able to travel. No refund.

Within the last 6 months planDisney has confirmed it.

IMG_0736.jpeg

I’d definitely try an e-mail to get that in writing specific to our trip.

They also explain:

“Please note that travel insurance and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines, are not refundable.

• If an offer was used to book the original sail date, it may not be available or applicable to the new sail date; offer terms and conditions will apply, including blockout dates
  • Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy”
Without travel insurance or depending on the deal, it might be troublesome even if this policy is still in effect.

Within the last 6 months planDisney has confirmed it.

View attachment 844535

I’d definitely try an e-mail to get that in writing specific to our trip.

They also explain:

“Please note that travel insurance and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines, are not refundable.

• Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy”
Without travel insurance or depending on the deal, it might be troublesome even if this policy is still in effect.

Just a note. "Plan Disney" confirmed it. They frequently have misinformation. I'd want it directly from Disney Cruise Line.

Echoing the suggestion to confirm directly with DCL. If the policy is still
In effect, I wouldn’t be surprised if a home test is no longer acceptable and you will need medical documentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter