COVID-19 travel contingency plan for Canadian

Heck, he isn't even sure where he can stop to use the bathroom as all eateries restaurants are now closed. He said he'll be opening his truck doors and pi$$ing on the side of the road LOL
Well funny about that - when I got up the other morning I noticed a damaged car in the school parking lot behind me in Ajax. My house is just north of the 401 highway. The OPP did come and talk to the driver and finally the Toronto Police Tow truck towed the car away. I think the person in the car and their friend waiting in another vehicle had been there for over 5 hours so yup you guessed it they just went behind the dumpster (which can be seen by everybody looking from our back decks) and did their business. Can't blame them - they can't stop anywhere to go and probably couldn't even go when they got to a Toronto impound yard. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Edited to add that they did go behind the dumpster.

Last edited:
Another paper about new drug trials:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...dKD8TX5I9o-SmVjMALNZucFmU2osvVkVWu5N70Mo8mpwU

Also a Canadian clinical trial here in Montreal. From an article on Radio-Canada website, it only took 7 days to be approved by Health Canada and to produce 200 000 pills locally.😲 That's why it's so important we keep pharmaceutical companies in the country and not rely on China for everything even if they are cheaper. I also read they hope to recruit 6000 candidates.

https://www.colcorona.org/index.php...ZbLWZnvq7HLDiEXJQN7UNowOp6h_86d7eTpKFPi1N5_tw
Two conclusions can already be made about this pandemic, viruses don't respect borders and neither is scientific collaboration. Usually, labs and research teams compete with each other for the best journals spots. Research is very secretive until publication and it can be pretty cut-throat but I am happy to see most have put their ego and ambition aside and we now have collaboration all over the world.

Sounds like Remdesivir is definitely the most promising of them all. How readily available is it?

I just wanted to say that DH's day wasn't as bad as he was thinking it would be. He took three boxes of gloves, 12 masks and small bottle of sanitizer from his supply office. His buddy got the last bottle of sanitizer.

He was able to turn down jobs like people wanting to upgrade the internet connection (um, no. you have one. be thankful), and he turned down someone who wanted a fourth TV installed (um, no. you have three other TVs, be thankful).

The first job was at a house with a mother and two young kids. He had to ask her to keep the girls away from him for his and their protection. Then he had to do a install (TV, Internet) for a lady with dementia. He already knew she had based on her file.

He didn't take his dinner break so was able to come home an hour early, which was nice. When he came home, he put all of his clothes in the wash, showered, ate, and then just sat and processed his first day working with the public during a pandemic...

It's this week that I will know if I'm recruited or not in the COVID-19 research effort from our research program (RESP/Critical care). I volunteered for it so I'll be happy if I get the call but at the same time I'm a little nervous to leave DH juggling work from home and homeschooling the kids by himself. It's already a challenge when we are both working from home... Not nervous about getting infected, just with the coordination of everything.

It's this week that I will know if I'm recruited or not in the COVID-19 research effort from our research program (RESP/Critical care). I volunteered for it so I'll be happy if I get the call but at the same time I'm a little nervous to leave DH juggling work from home and homeschooling the kids by himself. It's already a challenge when we are both working from home... Not nervous about getting infected, just with the coordination of everything.

Well you will be on my mind and in my thoughts daily.
Volunteering during this very difficult time is so very kind of you.
Thanks
Hon
Hugs
Mel

Just found out this morning two new cases: a CIBC call centre employee tested positive and a mechanic with metro transit (buses) tested positive. No idea if they are travel related. I'm sure our Premier will say they are in order to not cause panic.

DH also found out a Bell tech in Truro, NS was at a customer's house and saw their luggage out. He asked if they had just returned from a trip. They admitted that they are quarantining! He immediately left and put a tag on their file for 14 days. I just can't imagine was a scummy thing that is to do! This what he's afraid of - people lying to get their service.

Some people suck.

DH also found out a Bell tech in Truro, NS was at a customer's house and saw their luggage out. He asked if they had just returned from a trip. They admitted that they are quarantining! He immediately left and put a tag on their file for 14 days. I just can't imagine was a scummy thing that is to do! This what he's afraid of - people lying to get their service.

Wow...just wow. The stupidity of people just amazes me!!!! There are just no words :eek:

Just found out this morning two new cases: a CIBC call centre employee tested positive and a mechanic with metro transit (buses) tested positive. No idea if they are travel related. I'm sure our Premier will say they are in order to not cause panic.

Some people suck.
That makes me so angry. Go ahead and make whatever choices you want with your own life, but they just have no right to risk the health of others without their knowledge. So selfish .

Well you will be on my mind and in my thoughts daily.
Volunteering during this very difficult time is so very kind of you.
Thanks
Hon
Hugs
Mel

Thank you. I feel so useless siting confortable on my sofa while so many of my colleagues are battling this virus at the ICU. My boss said he told the PI in charge of the research efforts that I am available to help. Should hear back from him soon.

This is an opinion piece co-written by my boss of the last 16 years (Dr Salman Qureshi). A few days old but just learned about it today since he's not the type to self-promote. Still mostly relevant. https://nationalpost.com/opinion/op...4iMgCF3c3YvyLypnWwTTwNG-KcfGTdXC0dZl28MmuJqWg

Last edited:

Some people suck.
What a bunch of a-holes. I hope they don't come back after the 14 day quarantine for service. Make them wait a long while. These will be the kind of people that will crab to everyone about the awful service they got from Bell.
This virus is really showing us some people's true colours, that's for sure. Lots of me me me attitude, sense of entitlement. Lots of good stories too and people coming together to help others, so that's nice. I can't stand going on FB anymore. Well, I already disliked it, even moreso now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter