Cousin, eat until you sleep! Mom/Dtr. Trip, 2/17-2/24/18.*NEW TR Link* 5/1*

Hi Everyone,
I will be back this evening to get started with Day I. I just wanted to mention a funny coincidence. Andi is fuming, lol! While we were on our trip, Andi was mentioning how much Disney could benefit from a purple wall magic band, she said so many girls her age would buy them in a heart beat! Now we are home and yesterday she shows me an article form Disney, they are starting to sell Meet me at the purple wall magic bands!

I joked with her and told her Disney big wigs must have been listening to her and ran with her idea:rotfl2:

I saw that last night, and thought of all the pictures i've seen here of that purple wall. You never know, they may have been listening (isn't everything listening these days?)

Yay! I’m following along on yours as well! Thanks for joining in!
Well, I knew that since you commented on mine first. :rotfl2:

Yay! Welcome, I can’t believe how sick I got, I had to go to the ER and get IV fluids, yuck! I am so thankful Andi didn’t get it!
I remember you telling me you'd gotten sick and had to delay, but I didn't know HOW sick. I will say, when we met, I could not tell at all. Kudos to you if you still had any lingering effects. Either you're a trooper or you really really don't want to miss Disney (or both). ;)

Yay! Welcome, Thank you for reading and commenting, I love it! I am much better and made up my few pound weight loss at Disney of course!
Well, my weight loss was more significant and not due to illness. I did gain a little (3 lbs) back at Disney, but boy oh boy, if I gained it all back at Disney, that would be REALLY bad.

It was a big old bummer, I am thankful it was well over a week before we traveled or I wouldn’t have made it on the trip! Is never fun canceling Disney plans!
::yes:: True words indeed!

Hi Everyone,
I will be back this evening to get started with Day I. I just wanted to mention a funny coincidence. Andi is fuming, lol! While we were on our trip, Andi was mentioning how much Disney could benefit from a purple wall magic band, she said so many girls her age would buy them in a heart beat! Now we are home and yesterday she shows me an article form Disney, they are starting to sell Meet me at the purple wall magic bands!

I joked with her and told her Disney big wigs must have been listening to her and ran with her idea:rotfl2:
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
I'll have to look this up...not being a teen, I'm unfamiliar with the purple wall. Goodsearch to the rescue...

I'll have to look this up...not being a teen, I'm unfamiliar with the purple wall. Goodsearch to the rescue...

Sad...replying to my own post, but it made more sense than an edit...

Now I see why I had no clue what this was. I don't do social media (unless you count the DIS). Here's two postings (on a DIS forum, no less) I found:

Edit: apparently it's just a regular purple wall in tomorrowland by monsters inc and tomorrowland terrace. Doesn't mean anything, just a social media thing started by someone. Guess a couple people liked the purple wall background then others just followed and did the same. I don't get it either

Some things start off kind of stupid and then end up actually being a thing that sticks. The purple wall is one of them. It’s located in Magic Kingdom near The Laugh Floor. It’s a pale purple blank wall that really doesn’t look like anything special. Except it is. I thought at first it was only because it had become popular to post a selfie or a full body picture of yourself at the wall. And yes. It is mostly that. But, it also happens to photograph really great. It’s a flattering background color on everyone, there’s good indirect lighting there, and its just out of the way enough that you don’t have an audience watching you. Meaning you don’t feel as dumb taking 487 selfies to get one that’s actual worth posting to Instagram. (Or is that just me?) It has it’s own Instagram account, and is also featured quite a lot on another Instagram account (WallsofDisney) that highlights the walls in all Disney Parks that make great photo backdrops.

So, if I stopped after reading the first post, it would have still been rather strange to me. After reading the second, it would seem there actually is some purpose (other than a social media thing/craze) in that it makes a good backdrop for photos.

Sad...replying to my own post, but it made more sense than an edit...

Now I see why I had no clue what this was. I don't do social media (unless you count the DIS). Here's two postings (on a DIS forum, no less) I found:

Edit: apparently it's just a regular purple wall in tomorrowland by monsters inc and tomorrowland terrace. Doesn't mean anything, just a social media thing started by someone. Guess a couple people liked the purple wall background then others just followed and did the same. I don't get it either

Some things start off kind of stupid and then end up actually being a thing that sticks. The purple wall is one of them. It’s located in Magic Kingdom near The Laugh Floor. It’s a pale purple blank wall that really doesn’t look like anything special. Except it is. I thought at first it was only because it had become popular to post a selfie or a full body picture of yourself at the wall. And yes. It is mostly that. But, it also happens to photograph really great. It’s a flattering background color on everyone, there’s good indirect lighting there, and its just out of the way enough that you don’t have an audience watching you. Meaning you don’t feel as dumb taking 487 selfies to get one that’s actual worth posting to Instagram. (Or is that just me?) It has it’s own Instagram account, and is also featured quite a lot on another Instagram account (WallsofDisney) that highlights the walls in all Disney Parks that make great photo backdrops.

So, if I stopped after reading the first post, it would have still been rather strange to me. After reading the second, it would seem there actually is some purpose (other than a social media thing/craze) in that it makes a good backdrop for photos.
I’m with you I didn’t know anything about these infamous walls until Andi filled me in, I have had to take so many pictures of Andi at the purple wall. I did see some shirts and hats at Disney that do say meet me at the purple wall so Disney is capitalizing on it!

I wanted to let you know how wonderful it is on your weight loss! Keep it up. I am a nurse and health is so important! Great job of only gaining 3# at Disney, hard not to over eat there!

Let’s get this party started! Welcome Everyone! Day 1, Part 1, This is how we roll!

With our flight changes, we unfortunately did not get a very early start today. The flight I was able to book was at 1:00pm with arrival to Orlando at 5:00pm. Weather god’s were being good today, it was partly sunny and around 30 degrees when we started our ride to St. Paul. This is a 3 hour ride from Duluth. We took a shuttle which is so nice and less stressful for me. I compared the cost and I would only save about $10.00 if I drove and did the park and fly, so this is a no brainer for me.

We arrived at the airport around 11:20am so plenty of time with our TSA precheck, love this. We did encounter one problem which was odd! Delta would not let me check in online, when I tried it would say you need to show additional documents at the airport?? What?? I went to the Delta check in desk and the staff checking me in asked if I was military without borders, what is that I am thinking.
I told him no, not military at all and he gets on the phone and periodically keeps asking me, are you military. Andi and I were just looking at each other wondering what the heck. It took a good 20 minutes but it was straightened out. Apparently the person that assisted me on the phone accidentally put military by my name when she changed our flights. The staff at the desk said this is probably why I didn’t have to pay the change fees. Thank goodness they didn’t charge me now. The lady on the phone told me because of my illness we would not be charged a fee, so who knows but we got it figured out and he fixed it for our flight home as well. Thank goodness!!

Our flight was on time and uneventful, I watched Bad Mom’s Christmas, it was okay, not as funny as the first one. We landed a little early so that was a plus. We picked up our own luggage since our tags were for the POP, this was actually quite quick. Here is Andi still dressed in her northern Minnesota attire, this is how we roll! I ditched my down jacket at the airport!
0F3BDC07-4F17-4B75-B5B7-D315FD701A23.jpeg

We got to ME and were put right on a bus, yay! We left fairly soon after we got on. Our bus stopped at WL first then BLT. We actually had our room assignment before we left St. Paul so that was nice.
We found the elevators and headed up to our room. The room was in a great location. We had a view of Space Mountain and Cinderella’s castle on the left and the lake to the right. The room was very clean, studio’s have a queen bed and sleeper sofa. Andi slept on the sleeper all week and said it was fine. I thought the kitchen was nice but big and took up much space, we didn’t use the kitchen much so wasted space for us. The full length mirror was in the kitchen. The bathroom was small but worked for us. The shower was okay but the POFQ shower was actually nicer as far as water pressure and flow. You all know, important things, :rotfl2:Here are pictures of our room and deck view.
9A9D3740-6804-4D65-B4FD-631AD3597A2A.jpeg AF9BF077-BC9D-46B2-A6D5-6D551918F6D7.jpeg A8171BF9-2FE2-4E53-86B8-B144D69F3133.jpeg A05E4714-F476-4832-90F3-815432488F2A.jpeg 3E78382E-1E57-4D01-BF05-5FF5D4F8333A.jpeg

05F70F52-EE16-4F4F-BD7F-A660F4D24733.jpeg 68EE2849-5F82-4E9F-8483-B67519765DF2.jpeg A73A9D3E-C27C-47F1-BD4F-8E5B0A3E58C4.jpeg B644F9D0-3B99-41D0-8EF3-B24F26989A1B.jpeg

After admiring our room and changing clothes, we were ready to hit the MK. We had 3 FP+ for the evening and needed some dinner. Can you all guess our first FP and our QS dinner spot? Stay tuned for Part 2 of this is how we roll, coming soon....................

Despite an eventful time at the airport, I'm glad you got on to property without incident! :thumbsup2 Ahhh, a Space Mountain view :cloud9: Excited to hear about your evening at MK!

Little bit of stress at the airport! Glad it was all cleared up and you weren't charged the change fees!

Ahh what a nice view from your room!

Hmm first FP- Peter Pan? And maybe dinner at Caseys?

Despite an eventful time at the airport, I'm glad you got on to property without incident! :thumbsup2 Ahhh, a Space Mountain view :cloud9: Excited to hear about your evening at MK!
The airport experience was very strange and wow does it take long for them to correct something like that. I was so happy with our view, I loved it!

Little bit of stress at the airport! Glad it was all cleared up and you weren't charged the change fees!

Ahh what a nice view from your room!

Hmm first FP- Peter Pan? And maybe dinner at Caseys?
Yes apparently accidentally checking something wrong in the computer by one causes headache for another lol!
Our view was so magical
Ahh you are close, we did Peter Pan but not first and no Casey’s this trip, which is really odd for us:P

Hello to all! I have today off and thought I would get the rest of Day 1 put to ink since it was a shorter day for us! Just to update you all, today would have been our DHS morning. I had FP+ for DHS so when I had to change plans I was able to change FP to MK. Almost all attractions were available except for 7DMT. We also had to cancel three highly anticipated ADR’s. Homecomin on 2/15, TH breakfast on 2/16 and California Grill on 2/17.:scared1:, okay on with the evening.

Day 1, Part 2, me will miss the redhead!!

When I left off, we were acclimating to the beautiful Florida weather and our awesome room view.
It was time to walk over to the MK, I cannot tell you all enough HOW MUCH WE LOVED THIS PERK! It was such an easy walk literally less than 10 minutes with security. The security along the walkway was very convenient and never very busy. Once we passed through security and approached the front of MK I was so happy.

I don’t have to tell all of you about that wonderful feeling, we all get when we enter the MK. The sights, the smells, the noise, the Happy CM’s, and all the people! We spent a few minutes taking it all in and just so happy to be there. This may sound silly, especially to some of you, who live in warm climates, but just the ability to walk around outside with warm air and no fear of breaking my neck on the ice and snow was one of the best feelings ever!! I frequently would lean over to Andi and say I am so happy I can walk around outside. I really need to move you all.:laughing:
5CCB0440-560C-400E-856D-4469B18CD50C.jpeg

We decided to head to our first FP+ which was HM:jumping3:this is such a favorite for us and truly lets us know we are in WDW! The FP line was not to bad, however this trip, we could not believe the length of most of the FP lines, wow! Really loooong! People were not happy about this either. I never heard “Is this the FP line? Are you kidding me” so many times in one trip. We had a wonderful ride with all the ghosts, I never tire of this ride.

We decided to eat at CHH for a change and it was right there when we got out of HM. We did the mobile ordering because the ordering area was busy. This is so convenient except I prefer to pay for everything with my GC’s and your credit card on file is charged for mobile ordering. Andi went upstairs and found many open spots up there so this was nice. I decided to try the lobster roll, it said it came with homemade chips but it was served with French fries. Andi was feeling some chicken nuggets so she got that. I really enjoyed the lobster roll, there was a good amount of lobster, crisp lettuce, and a decent roll. I didn’t think it was drowning in mayonnaise so that was a plus. Andi gave two thumbs up to her chicken nuggets and fries.
AE32F612-6E59-4286-8FD5-9396807724B4.jpeg AE77626C-C0A6-4E74-BB08-6E32670761D5.jpeg B7E64804-045C-4042-9D37-55186C4946ED.jpeg

We finished dinner and as we walked out HEA was starting. It was at 7:55 every evening. We watched for awhile from Frontier Land by the Diamond Horseshoe. This was a nice place to see the fireworks especially if you have already experienced the projections on the castle.
CE2DAEDB-7F31-4F0F-851F-E67B3296DAB1.jpeg

We decided to head to PoTC during the show and this was a good idea, it was a walk on, me will miss the redhead for sure!
8693A263-0E1B-4A55-9153-E560DAB54523.jpeg

BTMRR was up next, Love this ride, I laughed as we rode our runaway train around the Wilderness!

We needed a sweet treat after that crazy ride. Dole whip at Aloha Isle was on our brain! I decided to get the Pineapple upside down cake with swirl on top (1/2 dole whip and 1/2 vanilla) yes, swirl is back in MK yay!! Andi got a regular dole whip. The CM forgot I wanted swirl and gave me all pineapple on top, oh well, it was still really good. The cake was moist and very flavorful. Two thumbs up for this snack. Andi loved her dole whip.
9D8DD22B-CE75-4666-BF36-77411C22E58D.jpeg B2AE83D3-2888-494A-956F-9A2141691FE4.jpeg

After our delicious snack, we headed to Fantasy Land to ride Peter Pan, this was our last FP, the line was really long. I did hear someone say it had been down for a little while. We waited about 15 minutes so not bad. We had a great flight with Peter and friends. Ohh that Tiger Lily is sneaky!

We decided to head back to BLT after Peter Pan. We went in the Contemporary to buy a few items. I had canceled Garden Grocer for this trip. I bought some water, creamer, bananas and a 2 liter Coke for Andi. She decided not to do a refillable mug this trip. It wasn’t real convenient to fill from our location at BLT. This was the first time I didn’t do GardenGrocer and it was fine. We headed back to our room via the walkway from the Contemporary. The only negative I have about BLT, other than the shower, was the elevators could be really slow. We were on the 9th floor so taking the stairs was not really an option. We were always really tired by the time we got back to the resort. BLT lobby pictures.
3B6CB76F-95AC-45EB-901F-4C68904F5E44.jpeg 0C887E78-2A00-4141-BA0F-EB48DC98584F.jpeg

Okay our first day was already in the books, off to sleep and guess what, it was nice and quiet in our room, so a big yay!

Stay tuned for Day 2, Part 1 Are these kids going to clap the whole time!:rotfl2:

When I left off, we were acclimating to the beautiful Florida weather and our awesome room view.
It was time to walk over to the MK, I cannot tell you all enough HOW MUCH WE LOVED THIS PERK! It was such an easy walk literally less than 10 minutes with security. The security along the walkway was very convenient and never very busy. Once we passed through security and approached the front of MK I was so happy.

Yep, this WAS convenient and made me thankful we were walking vs. on the bus.

I don’t have to tell all of you about that wonderful feeling, we all get when we enter the MK. The sights, the smells, the noise, the Happy CM’s, and all the people! We spent a few minutes taking it all in and just so happy to be there. This may sound silly, especially to some of you, who live in warm climates, but just the ability to walk around outside with warm air and no fear of breaking my neck on the ice and snow was one of the best feelings ever!! I frequently would lean over to Andi and say I am so happy I can walk around outside. I really need to move you all.:laughing:

::yes:: I don't say that with a ha ha, though. I interviewed down there last month and was fully prepared to sell the house and such and move if I got it. I didn't, but I am starting a new job on the 12th and very happy about that. Looking forward to the work and great benefits.

The FP line was not to bad, however this trip, we could not believe the length of most of the FP lines, wow! Really loooong! People were not happy about this either. I never heard “Is this the FP line? Are you kidding me” so many times in one trip.

It was the same way for us. Heard that a lot (and may or may not have said it a couple times)

We decided to eat at CHH for a change and it was right there when we got out of HM. We did the mobile ordering because the ordering area was busy. This is so convenient except I prefer to pay for everything with my GC’s and your credit card on file is charged for mobile ordering. Andi went upstairs and found many open spots up there so this was nice. I decided to try the lobster roll, it said it came with homemade chips but it was served with French fries. Andi was feeling some chicken nuggets so she got that. I really enjoyed the lobster roll, there was a good amount of lobster, crisp lettuce, and a decent roll. I didn’t think it was drowning in mayonnaise so that was a plus. Andi gave two thumbs up to her chicken nuggets and fries.

The lobster roll there looks much different than where I saw it. I'm about ready to post our first day, so you'll see.

We decided to head to PoTC during the show and this was a good idea, it was a walk on, me will miss the redhead for sure!

The part that bugs me the most about this is most people loved it, but because of a few people complaining, it's gotten rid of.

BTMRR was up next, Love this ride, I laughed as we rode our runaway train around the Wilderness!
::yes::

We needed a sweet treat after that crazy ride. Dole whip at Aloha Isle was on our brain! I decided to get the Pineapple upside down cake with swirl on top (1/2 dole whip and 1/2 vanilla) yes, swirl is back in MK yay!! Andi got a regular dole whip. The CM forgot I wanted swirl and gave me all pineapple on top, oh well, it was still really good. The cake was moist and very flavorful. Two thumbs up for this snack. Andi loved her dole whip.

May I use your picture for my TR? I forgot to take a picture of this.

The only negative I have about BLT, other than the shower, was the elevators could be really slow.

I don't recall either the shower or the elevators being an issue when we stayed there, but we weren't in a studio either.

Okay our first day was already in the books, off to sleep and guess what, it was nice and quiet in our room, so a big yay!

:woohoo:

It was time to walk over to the MK, I cannot tell you all enough HOW MUCH WE LOVED THIS PERK!
I cannot imagine how wonderful that must have been!!! :cloud9:

This may sound silly, especially to some of you, who live in warm climates, but just the ability to walk around outside with warm air and no fear of breaking my neck on the ice and snow was one of the best feelings ever!!
Nope, doesn't sound silly to me one bit! (unfortunately) :laughing:

me will miss the redhead for sure!
Awww, me too! :(

Excited to hear about your first full day :thumbsup2

I love the feeling of getting off the plane for the first time in Florida and feeling the humidity envelop you…Ahhhh. It's so nice to shed the layers and layers of clothes and be warm!

Awesome view at BLT…very similar to ours in October :thumbsup2 And you really cannot beat BLT for the convenience of the walk to the MK!

I am dying to try a Pineapple Upside Down Cake now! That looks amazing!

Wild about the mix-up with the flights and thinking you were military. I guess those kinds of mistakes are easy to make.

Your room looked awesome! Such a great view!

We totally felt the same way about the weather. It was so amazing to walk around in shorts and t-shirts. :lovestruc

And we had the same experience with FP lines. People were so confused and frustrated. I was always happy to wait for 20-30 minutes when the regular line was over an hour, etc., but it was still pretty surprising to be in FP lines so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter