Couples Choice

We did it for the first time on the WBTA and it was incredible!

You can, if you desire, adjust your Couples Choice (the only thing you can book online) to the lower or higher package if you want to splurge a little more or a little less.

As we sat and watched the ocean and sky go by, on the 5th straight day at sea, I couldn't think of anything nicer. [Can you believe what awesome seas we had for the crossing?? Look at that water!]
cd9c4a67.jpg

We even saw a cool cloud airplane:
74bec6e0.jpg
301241d3.jpg

As we sipped our tea and ate our fruit:
0fe7209f.jpg
0e96702a.jpg

After a wonderful afternoon in the Couples Villa:
8fafad85.jpg
f0db3d57.jpg

I couldn't help it. I saw your picture of the clouds and while I saw the airplane, I couldn't help but notice a hidden Mickey too.
MickeyCloud_edited-1.jpg

I couldn't help it. I saw your picture of the clouds and while I saw the airplane, I couldn't help but notice a hidden Mickey too.
MickeyCloud_edited-1.jpg

Wow! SO COOL! I didn't even notice that (until you pointed it out, of course! ;)) :thumbsup2

We even saw a cool cloud airplane:
74bec6e0.jpg
301241d3.jpg

That cloud looks like Mickey Mouse pointing to me. Yes, I :love: Mickey!

So, even though "Swedish Massage" was not an option for Couple's Choice, they still let you choose that one? Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct -- at least for us it was! DH and I filled out the spa form. On the form, there is a list of concerns with boxes to check off (stress, trouble sleeping -- I can't remember what the other choices were.) Anyway, the technicians went over our forms with us and made suggestions about the kind of treatment we might choose. I suppose that based on my husband's areas of concern, they offered (added?) the Swedish massage as an option.

Yes, that is correct -- at least for us it was! DH and I filled out the spa form. On the form, there is a list of concerns with boxes to check off (stress, trouble sleeping -- I can't remember what the other choices were.) Anyway, the technicians went over our forms with us and made suggestions about the kind of treatment we might choose. I suppose that based on my husband's areas of concern, they offered (added?) the Swedish massage as an option.

Great! Thanks! :)

I think I'm leaning towards the hot stone massage, but it's nice to be able to keep our options open. Can't wait!!! :cool1:

I did spend a lot of time relaxing in the Rainforest area. A pass is worth every penny (to me) and then some!! I sat in the steam every night before dinner (2nd seating) and I usually had the entire place to myself.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Am I understanding you correctly after the spa treatments you can use the rainforest @ other times during your cruise?

I read somewhere that the Bamboo Massage could be selected as a treatment choice. That's what I'm interested in!

DH and I did this on wonder in march and loved it. We booked it just before we left Cabo. What an incredible view. The rock formations are so beautiful and to watch them as we sailed away sitting in the private hot tub was priceless.

I did the bamboo massage. It was ok. DH loved his hot stone. I should have chosen that one.

We had a little bit of administrative mixup to start things off. We never got a reminder card - and I expected that just like we got for our speciality dining reservations. Nevertheless, I had my email confirmation printed out, so we arrived about 20 min early. They did have our reservation so we filled out the info forms (marking at the top very prominently NO PRODUCT PITCH) and waited. Finally about 10 min after our start time, I went back to the checkin desk to find out what was going on. One of the two technicians then arrived at the desk saying they'd been looking for us? I was baffled by this since we had checked in already and plenty early.
But things got better after that. My husband chose the hot stone massage and I went with the bamboo massage. After the foot scrub and solo jacuzzi time, we had our massages. Very wonderful! Then tea & fruit back on the balcony. Our total time spent in the villas was close to 2.5 hrs and as per our request, we had no product pitches.
For a special treat, we thought the Couples Choice was great.

I was thinking about this but i have some questions. Interested in hot stone massage but what do you do with the other 50 min? Just get foot wash and sit the hot tub? I was hoping it could include a facial in the $475 price!
So is that all the $475 gets is two massages, tea and almost an hr of hot tub time?

DH & I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary during our cruise. We definitely want to do this. I just hope we can get it on our actual anniversary date.

I was thinking about this but i have some questions. Interested in hot stone massage but what do you do with the other 50 min? Just get foot wash and sit the hot tub? I was hoping it could include a facial in the $475 price!
So is that all the $475 gets is two massages, tea and almost an hr of hot tub time?

Well first of all, you're in the Spa Villa - which is your own private massage room, private shower (which you'd use if you did one of the wrap/scrub body treatments), and the private veranda w/ private hot tub. After your consultation, you get the foot scrub. Then you have about 25 min of private time in the hot tub. You get a choice of treatment - my husband opted for the hot stone massage and I did the bamboo massage. The treatment was 75 min. Then, you got tea and fruit (choc covered strawberries, melon, & pineapple) while relaxing on the veranda lounger for two for about 10-15 min.

Just found this thread, hoping someone will answer. Only time it was available was on a Nassau day, is it not worth it if you are docked??

MickeyCloud_edited-1.jpg

Thank God, I'm not the only one with Mickey on the brain cause that's the first thing I saw too!

Stone massage is $190pp alone so for the extra $95 you're getting the foot treatment, private hot tub time, and the tea/strawberries.

We've done it in port grand cayman and at sea. At sea is better, port is ok but wouldn't be good if the ship is docked right next to another which I think can happen in Nassau.

I concur - honestly, I don't think I would spend the money for couples choice on a port day. Half of the amazing experience involves being in a private hot tub out in the middle of the ocean either by yourself or with your loved one... the privacy alone is worth $200!

If all you had was port day options, I'd do a regular service and just hope for a couples choice cancellation on a sea day. They run different kinds of specials on port days anyways...

BTW, same response if you only had an option to do it at night.

HTH!

I concur - honestly, I don't think I would spend the money for couples choice on a port day. Half of the amazing experience involves being in a private hot tub out in the middle of the ocean either by yourself or with your loved one... the privacy alone is worth $200!

If all you had was port day options, I'd do a regular service and just hope for a couples choice cancellation on a sea day. They run different kinds of specials on port days anyways...

BTW, same response if you only had an option to do it at night.

HTH!

Bummer! This is for our 15th wedding anniversary and it's something we have ALWAYS wanted to do, Nassau day was all that was available so I took it. It's a 2:30 time. So would you NOT do it at all? What are the odds of something being open on at sea day if we go to the spa when we board the ship?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter