Costco for RCL too?

GAGirlInVA

DIS Veteran
I've been reading a ton of the DCL board here and I've picked up that a fair number of people feel like Costco has the best incentive for booking through them.

Is that the same for RCL? Costco?

I've been reading a ton of the DCL board here and I've picked up that a fair number of people feel like Costco has the best incentive for booking through them. Is that the same for RCL? Costco?

If you book using Pavlus Travel (cheaper travel.com) you get .08% of your base cruise price as an OBC! Between our OBC from Pavlus and our OBC as a result of booking using our 'future cruise certificate' with RCCL, we ended up with a balance due to us at the end of our last cruise!
If you decide to use them, please private message me. If you give them my name, I get a $50.00 referral fee! After you book, if you refer anyone, you get the fee!
We've used them for years and have been very happy.

Re DCL:
DCL doesn't allow OBC, but Pavlus still sends you the .08% as a Visa gift card!

I've been reading a ton of the DCL board here and I've picked up that a fair number of people feel like Costco has the best incentive for booking through them. Is that the same for RCL? Costco?

It is a little different, but I think still the way to go. For DCL, you get a cash card that is equal to about 9% of the fare. For RCCL, you get an onboard credit that is equal to about 7.5% of the cruise fare. The OBC is refundable, so if you don't use it, you get it back shortly after the trip.

It is a little different, but I think still the way to go. For DCL, you get a cash card that is equal to about 9% of the fare. For RCCL, you get an onboard credit that is equal to about 7.5% of the cruise fare. The OBC is refundable, so if you don't use it, you get it back shortly after the trip.

Niiiiiiiiiiice! Thanks!

We used Costco for our DCL cruises but went another route for rccl. Th price we were given is much lower than rccl's website ($649 for a balcony in October) got $150 OBC, and got a family package which includes free beverage package for kids and Johnny rocket dinner. They are also offering free gratuities this week and a $75 shore excursion credit. If you want the name please feel free to message me as I don't think I can post it.

Since 2009 we've always booked our cruises through Costco (5 Royal Caribbean and 1 DCL). Costco is really great to work with. Like someone else said, you get OBC with RCCL and if you don't use it is is returned to you). We are going on Allure in a couple weeks and were able to get a fantastic package deal -- soda package for each person in the cabin, a specialty dining credit for each person in the cabin, floating mats at Labadee, a beverage credit on Labadee, one spa credit, access to the special play area on Labadee, a meal at Jonny Rockets….. Maybe something else too, but I forget…..

This package was only supposed to be for the cruise the last week in February, but that cruise got cancelled due to Allure having to go into unscheduled dry dock. So Costco allowed us to still get the package at the sailing a couple weeks prior. RCCL was also giving people additional OBC for the hassle of the rescheduled cruise. Suites were supposed to get more than normal balcony rooms, and the "fine print" never clarified that Jr. Suites were not considered a "suite" for the OBC compensation. (The fine print always clarifies that a Jr. Suite is not a true suite!) We have a junior suite, so DH asked the lady at Costco travel if we'd be able to get the same OBC as the big suites (we originally were only given the balcony OBC). She went to bat for us and got us the higher OBC. :) Everyone we talk to at Costco is always super friendly and helpful!

Travel agents aren't allowed to make the cruises cheaper than what you would get them straight through RCCL/DCL/etc, which is why they offer the extra incentives!

Since 2009 we've always booked our cruises through Costco (5 Royal Caribbean and 1 DCL). Costco is really great to work with. Like someone else said, you get OBC with RCCL and if you don't use it is is returned to you). We are going on Allure in a couple weeks and were able to get a fantastic package deal -- soda package for each person in the cabin, a specialty dining credit for each person in the cabin, floating mats at Labadee, a beverage credit on Labadee, one spa credit, access to the special play area on Labadee, a meal at Jonny Rockets….. Maybe something else too, but I forget…..

This package was only supposed to be for the cruise the last week in February, but that cruise got cancelled due to Allure having to go into unscheduled dry dock. So Costco allowed us to still get the package at the sailing a couple weeks prior. RCCL was also giving people additional OBC for the hassle of the rescheduled cruise. Suites were supposed to get more than normal balcony rooms, and the "fine print" never clarified that Jr. Suites were not considered a "suite" for the OBC compensation. (The fine print always clarifies that a Jr. Suite is not a true suite!) We have a junior suite, so DH asked the lady at Costco travel if we'd be able to get the same OBC as the big suites (we originally were only given the balcony OBC). She went to bat for us and got us the higher OBC. :) Everyone we talk to at Costco is always super friendly and helpful!

Travel agents aren't allowed to make the cruises cheaper than what you would get them straight through RCCL/DCL/etc, which is why they offer the extra incentives!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter