• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco Exec Member paying with gift cards

Seamama

DIS Veteran
Background: I’ve got a cruise booked through Costco (for the approx 8% cash cards) and recently became an Executive Member for the 2% cash back benefit. I also recently got a Target Red Card for the 5% off gift card purchases.

Question: If I pay off my cruise with Disney gift cards, will Costco still give me the Exec Membership cash back?

Thanks!

Background: I’ve got a cruise booked through Costco (for the approx 8% cash cards) and recently became an Executive Member for the 2% cash back benefit. I also recently got a Target Red Card for the 5% off gift card purchases.

Question: If I pay off my cruise with Disney gift cards, will Costco still give me the Exec Membership cash back?

Thanks!
They did for me.

Thanks!
Yes.

The method of payment won't affect the Executive Member benefit.

Of course, you can get the 2% Costco Visa reward only for payments made with the Costco Visa. (The 5% savings on Disney Gift Cards is better, though.)

The method of payment won't affect the Executive Member benefit.

Of course, you can get the 2% Costco Visa reward only for payments made with the Costco Visa. (The 5% savings on Disney Gift Cards is better, though.)
3% back with the Costco visa :)

3% back with the Costco visa :)
Thanks! We've never actually booked cruises through Costco because we have a travel agent we've been using for longer than we've been Costco members. So, I know we could save a lot through Costco but not exactly what "a lot" is.

If you get the Costco Visa and use it you will get 3% back on travel plus some travel accident, cancellation and interruption insurance.

Yep that is how it works. Onthe cruise, get a placeholder for 10% off. Go home, transfer to costco. Book a 7 night cruise. Saving

1) 10% Placeholder 2) $200 room credit 3) 5% target gc. 4) costco cash card. 5) 2% costco executive member.

Gey ready for your next magical trip. 😉

Yep that is how it works. Onthe cruise, get a placeholder for 10% off. Go home, transfer to costco. Book a 7 night cruise. Saving

1) 10% Placeholder 2) $200 room credit 3) 5% target gc. 4) costco cash card. 5) 2% costco executive member.

Gey ready for your next magical trip. 😉

You can transfer to Costco ON the cruise. Don’t even have to call when you get home :)

You can transfer to Costco ON the cruise. Don’t even have to call when you get home :)
Yep you can, but i usually dont mess with it on the ship if it takes time. I didnt called, emailed and it was switched. Either way, get both savings thus makes you more willing to go since its a better deal now. 😃

Thanks, all. I know Costco will put me on hold and read the gift card numbers to DCL but that’s what made me wonder... why would Costco give me 2% back on that amount I paid to Disney in gift cards? It’s a transaction that never actually goes through Costco’s hands...

But I guess the same thing happens if I call Costco with a credit card that isn’t from Costco- that money never goes through their hands either, since they also just call Disney and read them the numbers.

It’s really just so stunning to me how much Costco gives you!

Thanks, all. I know Costco will put me on hold and read the gift card numbers to DCL but that’s what made me wonder... why would Costco give me 2% back on that amount I paid to Disney in gift cards? It’s a transaction that never actually goes through Costco’s hands...

But I guess the same thing happens if I call Costco with a credit card that isn’t from Costco- that money never goes through their hands either, since they also just call Disney and read them the numbers.

It’s really just so stunning to me how much Costco gives you!

I think since the booking went through costco. They get money from Disney. Kind of like why you don't pay travel agents to use their services. Disney will pay the TA to get those sales/booking.

Yes, what Milky said. Costco Travel receives a commission on each DCL booking, and based on their vast size, their commission is up to 16% of the value of each booking. They are happy to rebate some of it back to you, especially since most of us will end up spending that 'rebate' in their stores anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter