• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cost of Dining with an Imagineer?

DS has done it twice with the last time last May. It was around $65.00. I haven't seen anyone report that big a jump, where did you see that?

There's a review on Trip Advisor from 2/24/15 that lists the price as $63.99 plus tip.
I think that's around what we paid when we did it last month.

I know that the Dine with an Imagineer at Flying Fish was more expensive (I'm thinking it was in the $80-$90 range) than HBD, but I don't know if they do it there anymore.

I think that's around what we paid when we did it last month.

I know that the Dine with an Imagineer at Flying Fish was more expensive (I'm thinking it was in the $80-$90 range) than HBD, but I don't know if they do it there anymore.

I haven't seen it offered there in quite some time. DS had lunch with one of the top imagineers and he told them they did not like going to the Flying Fish dinner but really enjoy the HBD lunch.

Last edited:
allears had the menu online with the $169.99 price.

Can you post a direct link..I have looked there and haven't seen ANYTHING with that price..

NM I see it now..YIKES. I will have to rethink it for May if it is that high..I would love the opportunity but that seems a bit extreme.

allears had the menu online with the $169.99 price.

I just called Disney Dining and while I know it's not always perfect information they quoted me at $68.00 per adult which is more in linme that I have read everywhere else.
Allears usually is good but it could be a mistake..

Thank You for checking with Disney Dining (I didn't think of that). I feel better now. I was looking forward to this for our trip in December. The $68.00 price fits much better in the budget.

I'm glad I read this. I have this booked and also thought it was around $68. After seeing it on all ears for the higher priced, I erased it off my itinerary, but kept the reservation since it was really hard for me to get! Now I will do it!

How do you reserve this?

I myself lucked out when I saw it RANDOMLY pop up when searching for more BOG times one day about 3 weeks ago. I hear it is the first one to go next to BOG/CRT at 180 +10 , we only booked 60 days out so we were extremely lucky to grab it !
You can see it under Dining Events in Disney dining online here : https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/dine-with-an-imagineer/

It's done most Monday , Wednesdays and Fridays at 12 noon.

My wife and I did this in October of '13 and loved it. Would absolutely do it again. I think after all taxes and tips, the final bill was maybe $150 for the 2 of us, but even that seems pretty high in my head. For a 4-course meal, great conversation, great service, nice comfortable setting, the best name tag of any tour/experience I have done in WDW and a few other things, it's worth the cost.

One word of the wise, as amazing as the Noodle Bowl is, if you are sitting in one of the seats closest to the Imagineer, don't order it. It was pretty tough trying to eat while the Imagineer was talking. I had to try to time my eating with the Imagineer not talking so that all eyes weren't looking my way while I slurping up my noodles.

Do you get to order what you want or is it a set menu?

It's a set menu and changes periodically but I imagine if there are food allergies/issues you can seek out alternatives. My husband hates salad so he may just pass on the cobb salad since it's not an actual allergy issue.

I think this is the current menu :

Soups/Salads
Celery Root Bisque - with duck confit, white truffle creme fraiche, and a micro thyme

Individual Classic Cobb Salad - with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, bacon, egg, tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, avocado, and cobb salad dressing

Entrees
Charred-glazed Filet of Beef - with a red wine reduction, topped with a cabernet and roasted shallot butter over white truffle oil-wild forest mushroom mashed potatoes, and sauteed haricot verts

Noodle Bowl - with a grilled breast of chicken, soy beans, sugar snap peas, bok choy, and shiitake mushrooms in a red curry broth

Pan-seared Black Grouper - with a half a herb-crusted lobster tail over an orzo salad with a cognac-mushroom beurre blanc

Desserts
Three Mini Desserts - Brown Derby Original Mini Grapefruit Cake, Double Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee, Chocolate Sphere with Hazelnut Praline Chocolate and Orange-White Chocolate Mousse

Beverages
Coffee

Tea

Non-alcoholic Beverage

If you mean the review from May 2010, that review is for the Flying Fish dinner, not the Brown Derby lunch.

For two of us last December, it was $160. That was with a tip and at the Brown Derby. We called and got a reservation since there are so few on the days they have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter