Coronavirus discounts on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, they have, those are my dates as well, that's how I ended up at POFQ instead of AoA, I switched when a room suddenly opened up with an AP discount two weeks ago.
One random opening isn’t from mass cancellations though. Random openings happen everyday every year. There isn’t opening at every resort popping up. Still only 4 resorts with openings

Is DISNEY doing resort deals yet. Like really good deals. Discount rooms with free dining. Looking for June, if this virus think breaks in a few weeks. I would be ready to jump on that
No. Disney has never directly stacked discounts, and they stopped guests from being able to do that, at least ten years ago.

Oh I’m sure a few will. But not mass, huge cancellations that will cause mass discounts
I'm less concerned about the actual virus causing cancellations.

I think the economic downturn and inevitable continuation of the stock market to fall will make people cancel. People won't be able to afford their trips.
Plus I imagine a lot of paranoid parents with young kids will cancel, or those doing multigenerational trips with aging grandparents.

Even though there's very little risk for children, parents will still stay away.

Ah, did not know that. So people staying there can't have a day guest in the pool area? But Yacht and Beach Club both share it?
None of the pools allow people who are not staying at that resort to swim in the resort pools. If you want to swim with your family at Stormalong Bay, you'll need a reservation at the Yacht or Beach Club.

I had been thinking of trying to squeeze one more trip in with my AP and looked at flights yesterday and saw that JetBlue has some $38 each way seats from Boston to Orlando in May. That is nuts. If only the room discounts were a little better for that timeframe!

Posters in other threads suggest significant convention and business meeting cancellations. If true suggests discounts in resorts like CSR.
I guess. Must not be any during my dates cause availability is scarce

Posters in other threads suggest significant convention and business meeting cancellations. If true suggests discounts in resorts like CSR.
I've seen at least 2-4 Facebook posts a day in groups I'm in of "my husband/wife/sister/aunt/dad's company cancelled their convention, so our trip is cancelled! So sad!"

So yeah. I think we'll see some openings

Hard to say. If people have airfare booked without the the option for a refund, or rooms booked on rented points without the option of a refund, they’re going to go. We’re set to fly down next Thursday. No virus detected (yet) in our state, were healthy (as of now) and if we backed out we’d be out $1300+.
This is us. However if one of us gets stick that maybe different, but we are all doing well right now. Noone has a compromised immune system or is over 60, so I think we will be fine. Packing Purell wipes along with the hand sanitizer I always carry. We are departing early next Friday and flying.

Plot twist:
Disney and other companies do not lower prices, which would encourage travel.
Instead, they either lock prices or prevent new reservations.
Hype or not, SBSW and other huge conferences are being cancelled.
Corporations are playing it safe. Disney doesn't want to be an outlier.

Hard to say. If people have airfare booked without the the option for a refund, or rooms booked on rented points without the option of a refund, they’re going to go. We’re set to fly down next Thursday. No virus detected (yet) in our state, were healthy (as of now) and if we backed out we’d be out $1300+.

A lot of airlines are offering to waive cancellation/change fees. Jet Blue Basic is final sale - no refunds, and no ability to change even with a fee. I did a chat this morning and got a travel voucher for my May flights, even though my flights were booked earlier and are not eligible for the no-fee cancellation.

Currently, I plan to rebook and go, but just know that a lot of people in the travel industry are willing to work with you, especially when it means giving you a voucher for future use rather than an outright refund.

I've seen at least 2-4 Facebook posts a day in groups I'm in of "my husband/wife/sister/aunt/dad's company cancelled their convention, so our trip is cancelled! So sad!"

So yeah. I think we'll see some openings
Yep we just received the two day notice moments ago. We were at beach club next week for a conference and just got emailed its cancelled. Now we have to get on the phone and cancel airline tickets plus hotel for our extended stay at Coronado

Well this sucks. My husband's conference just got cancelled, A whole week at the Beach Club next week. He just received the two day notice. We were supposed to leave Monday :(:mad:

I feel your pain! My husband's company just stopped all international travel. We were supposed to get 5 days all inclusive in the caribbean with a bunch of other high performing employees. He has been with the company 20 years, and this is the first time he was picked to go. I got the time off work, arranged a sitter for the kids, all set. Yeah, cancelled this week, and not rescheduled. We get to keep the flights since they were already booked in our names, so we're just going to go anyway. We'll get a cheap air BnB instead of Sandals, but we're going gosh darn it (assuming we're not sick or in quarantine at that point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter