Coronado Fans-PLEASE POST WITH REVIEWS & RECENT PHOTOS!

I'm finally getting my photos uploaded. It took forever. Here's a few photos for Thanksgiving. CSR was not decorated when we arrived then one day it was all decorated like magic. We enjoyed that. Here's a few photos of the decorations.

232323232%7Ffp5367%3A%3Evq%3D3239%3E988%3E277%3E232%3A988368598wp1lsi

232323232%7Ffp53656%3Evq%3D3387%3E3%3C3%3E%3B98%3EWSNRCG%3D3239%3A792%3B%3B456vq0mrj

232323232%7Ffp535%3C4%3Evq%3D3239%3E988%3E277%3E232%3A9883685%3A8wp1lsi

232323232%7Ffp53679%3Evq%3D3239%3E988%3E277%3E232%3A9883685%3A4wp1lsi

232323232%7Ffp53649%3Evq%3D3239%3E988%3E277%3E232%3A9883685%3A%3Awp1lsi

Sorry don't know what I did that they're so small. I'll figure this out.

232323232%7Ffp53659%3Evq%3D3239%3E988%3E277%3E232%3A98836854%3Awp1lsi

I'm finally getting my photos uploaded. It took forever. Here's a few photos for Thanksgiving. CSR was not decorated when we arrived then one day it was all decorated like magic. We enjoyed that. Here's a few photos of the decorations.

Sorry don't know what I did that they're so small. I'll figure this out.
Thanks for sharing! Did you resize? Usually 800 x 600 is good size.

Awesome pictures. Everest was one our favorites. How did I miss this view? So much beauty to behold I guess. Thanks Buzz2001 I'm going to try that.

Awesome pictures. Everest was one our favorites. How did I miss this view? So much beauty to behold I guess. Thanks Buzz2001 I'm going to try that.

I think I was in room 9502 Building 9B. I also has a 300mm Lens. I didn't notice it until the sunset. Funny how you can see the unfinished part.

I think I was in room 9502 Building 9B. I also has a 300mm Lens. I didn't notice it until the sunset. Funny how you can see the unfinished part.
Bob, you were in one of the club level rooms that was just rehabbed? Any pics??

Bob, you were in one of the club level rooms that was just rehabbed? Any pics??

Sorry it was 9A. The bellman let me into a room that was re-done. I should of took pictures, but the room wasn't clean from the last party. The furniture is all dark wood. The cabinet that holds the TV is gone and an LCD TV is on the wall. That is all I remembered. I took less pictures this time since I always feel chained to the camera on every vacation. I wish I took more.

Here (hopefully) are some pics of the newly renovated rooms. There is a lot of dark wood in the room so some are kind of dark. I tried to lighten as best as I could so you see everything.

coronado0001.jpg

There is a light above the bed. The headboard is wooden as well with carved detail and I believe there is also some leather type of padding on it as well.

coronado0002.jpg

Flat screen tv with dvd player underneath. There is an ice bucket with glasses and a coffee maker with coffee mugs as well. The refrigerator is pretty good sized as well.

coronado0003.jpg

I'm not sure if the bathroom was renovated or not. The handle on the shower didn't want to seem to shut off so it seemed like it had been new and maybe not just broken in yet? :confused3

coronado0004.jpg

The large dark wooden panels on either side of the doorway are actually sliding doors that close for privacy in the sink/bathroom area.

The room had a very updated contemporary look to it. I loved it. It wasn't overly themed yet subtle touches of Spanish culture remained in the deco. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Thanks for posting the pics and glad you enjoyed CSR!!

Hi all!

This is just a report of another instance where Coronado Springs CMs and Mousekeeping went way above and beyond......

I just finished speaking with my sister-in-law asking her how her trip to Disney went from 12/3 to 12/7. She lives in Connecticut and I live in Maine and she had told me that she and my 15-year old niece would be going down with their High School Cheerleading Squad to march in the taping of the Christmas Day Parade on Sat 12/6. I had asked her where they were staying and she had told me she was not sure which resort they were booked with as the school had made the arrangements. Well, when I talked to her this afternoon, much to my surprise (and delight) she told me they stayed at Coronado. She said they all had rooms in the Ranchos section. They had a great uneventful trip up until Friday night (the night before the parade taping) when a few of the girls came down with a stomach flu. Two of the girls had to go to the hospital via ambulance. She told me that the CORONADO STAFF WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO HELP THEM... mousekeeping came and cleaned their rooms and when another got sick... came and cleaned again and again! She was VERY pleased with the resort AND staff! So, kudos again to the Coronado staff!!!!!!!!
Of course, the staff at CSR is terrific! Kudos to them!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Well how do I say this, I know there are a lot of CSR fans here but it wasn't for us. Sorry Buzz, I know you love it.

There where plenty of great things about the resort.

-Pepper Mill, I hated it.......................................... until I got use to the system. Now I wish they were all like that.

-Laguna Bar beside the lake is a great place to sit and have a drink at the end of the day. If Mother Nature co-operates that is.;)
Disney4017.jpg

- Maya Grill, ate there three times, twice for dinner and once for breakfast, never had a bad meal, can't say that for many other places on property.

-Rix Lounge is also a nice place to sit back, relax and have a drink since they closed down my favorite night time place PI. I think I drink too much on vacation. I see a pattern here. UH OH:eek:

-The Dig Site has to be the best main pool area I have seen on property to date. I remember walking through one night and it was cold, 10C, sorry I don't know the American temp, jacket cold, steam rising from the surface cold. There were a bunch of kids having a ball on the slide, oh to be that young again.:rotfl:
Disney12013.jpg

Disney4018.jpg

-Our room location and view was the best we have ever gotten. It was not a new room but fine none the less.
Disney12022.jpg

Disney12023.jpg

-Mousekeeping was not that great but that is not a resort specific thing. With our trips we are running 50% on Mousekeeeping.

-The best bus service we have had, a little thing we found out was to get picked up on the bus stops out back for the parks. Usually fill by the time you get to the front. DTD go to the front because it's the first stop for that bus.

- It is a beautiful resort and the attention to detail is amazing as any Disney property is.
Disney4013.jpg

Disney4015.jpg

So why is it not for us...
I have been having a hard time putting a finger on it but Amy came up with the only thing I can use to discribe it in writing. For us it was not very intimate ?? The place is vast and I thought Riverside was big! But then again Riverside Mansions is not my thing either. Only AB for me.

Maybe it is the love you have for a first car, dog or Disney Moderate Resort:lmao: . You had great memories of them and nothing will live up to those no matter how hard you try. I mean no one can understand my love for my old 85 OLDS 442 or how to this day I try and not compare any dog to my first dog, a smart Collie/ Sheppard mix, but I still do.

So as with everything on this site try it once, just because it wasn't for us doesn't mean it's not for you.
Thanks for sharing!!

Was at CSR for a National Chess Championship with my DS 7 (he did awesome btw)

We got one of the brand new rooms in Cabanas 9b. Definitely going to be one of the new club rooms with wooden sliding doors to the sink area, granite counters, flat screen TV. High end bedding... I was in heaven!

Convention facilities were excellent for well over 1200 kids and their parents. Never felt too crowded. I will say cell reception was spotty, especially if you have a wireless card. Made it difficult to follow some of the matches online.
Kids swam in the heated pool even though temps were low.

Was not impressed with the Pepper Market. My son and I shared a waffle, cup of strawberries and a juice, $22.
The Rix cafe the next AM had veggie quiche and an egg and cheese sammie for much more reasonable amount. You can just grab it and go.

Loved this resort and the tournie will be back there in 2010. So will we!
Thanks for sharing!!

Hi everyone!

We've been here for 8 wonderful nights in a newly redone room located on the top floor of Casita 1, and sadly we must head back home tomorrow. I'll be giving a full report soon with lots of pics, but I wanted to let everyone know that the temporary fence around the Casita quiet pool was removed today, the rehab is complete, and it's open for use!:banana:

BTW - CSR is a strikingly BEAUTIFUL resort! We thoroughly enjoyed everything about it, and every CM we've talked to has been extremely courdial and helpful in every way!:cloud9:

Here's a few pics now. Sorry they're a little big. I'll resize them later when I have more time.

New room:
S7300285.jpg

Vanity:
S7300291.jpg

Shower with curved shower curtain rod:
S7300293.jpg

Desk, dresser, and new TV (not sure if it's LCD or plasma, but it's NICE whatever it is.)
S7300286.jpg

Fountain in El Centro:
S7300407.jpg

Lobby Christmas decor:
S7300404.jpg

Ryan (my 9 year old) going down the slide:
S7300465.jpg

That's it for now. We've got to get ready to go to EMH at the MK tonight. Our last big HURRAH before we have to leave tomorrow. (Oh, and crowds have been between moderate and moderately heavy. Nothing too bad, but Fastpasses are needed for the more popular attractions unless you want to stand in line for an hour or two.)
Thanks for sharing!

sassy2000 said:
Ok... Just got back from 6 nights @ CSR and 3 nights @ POR. I have to say I LOVED CSR. We stayed in Cabanas and the resort was beautiful. I did not find the walk to the food court or the main pool a problem at all. The staff were very friendly. We had the best mousekeeper, Mary Ann, who left towel animals and played hide and seek with my kids' toys. We were on the dining plan so the Pepper Market was a great deal for counter service. The themed pool was wonderful. And queen beds....:thumbsup2 I am in love with this resort.

Not so enthused about POR. The resort is pretty. We were in Alligator Bayou. The biggest problem was the distance of the parking lot to our building. I don't mind walking but when dragging around a bunch of luggage it can be frustrating. It definitely felt like the walk to the main pool and food court was much longer here.

We still had a great time and will definitely be staying at CSR again.
:wave:
Thanks for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter