Coronado Fans-PLEASE POST WITH REVIEWS & RECENT PHOTOS!

Now it's nine days!!:cool1: :yay: :banana:

have a great time buzz!! btw, that new lounge/club that's opening up at CSR (is it called Rix? Nix?) .. will it be open when you go? and if so will you come back and report about it to us with pictures and everything?

I love the idea of a resort having it's own dance club... because I love to DANCE!! :banana: and it'd be great to be able to do it at your own resort without having to take a bus to PI! I hope you have a blast Buzz!!

Is the Laguna Bar new?
I don't remember that from 2005. That was the last time we stayed at CSR.

Last June we were booked there and then got a great offer for Saratoga Springs (only another $200 for the week).... so we switched.
Both DD and myself wished we would have stayed at CSR. Not that SS was that bad..... but we just LOVE CSR!!!
Then this Jan. we tryed so hard for CSR, but all booked. Stayed at CBR
But..... good news..... we got the bounce back offer and I booked CSR for August. Hopefully we can make it.... but it might be a solo trip.
But I can't think of any other resort I would like to be at for a solo trip!!!:thumbsup2

Can you tell me more about "Rix" ??? and the Laguna Bar?

Also wanted to add.....
We've stayed in all 3 sections......
In 2005 we went in June and there was a convention going on. We asked for Casisitas but they were pretty full and all they had was Ranchos. I was disappointed at first. But it was AWESOME!!
We had a room right by the quiet pool and bus stop. Any time we needed to go to Pepper Market or El Centro we just hopped the tram they had running between buildings. Even with out it though.... it really wasn't that bad a walk..... 5-6 minutes at a slow pace at the most I think.

So we've decided..... that Casitas is our favorite, then Ranchos, then Cabanas (looks too much like Carribean Beach but has a great location)

Thanks everyone for all the great pics!!!!:thumbsup2

I read somewhere that if you have a king bed, then you can not have a water view? Is that correct. I purchased a king bed room, but was going to request waterview..............has any 1 had both????

Is the Laguna Bar new?
I don't remember that from 2005. That was the last time we stayed at CSR.

Last June we were booked there and then got a great offer for Saratoga Springs (only another $200 for the week).... so we switched.

Both DD and myself wished we would have stayed at CSR. Not that SS was that bad..... but we just LOVE CSR!!!

Then this Jan. we tried so hard for CSR, but all booked. Stayed at CBR
But..... good news..... we got the bounce back offer and I booked CSR for August. Hopefully we can make it.... but it might be a solo trip.

But I can't think of any other resort I would like to be at for a solo trip!!!:thumbsup2

Can you tell me more about "Rix" ??? and the Laguna Bar?
Yes, it's new. It opened when Francisco's closed and the Rix Lounge was being built. Rix Lounge is the new Francisco's but it's more of a live entertainment, discotheque.

Cafe Rix is the new La Tienda and they added a mug refill station there.

Yes, it's new. It opened when Francisco's closed and the Rix Lounge was being built. Rix Lounge is the new Francisco's but it's more of a live entertainment, discotheque.

Cafe Rix is the new La Tienda and they added a mug refill station there.

Sounds like they made some great ( and much needed ) improvements.
Are all those places open now?

Which of the 3 locations would be the best if you walk with cane? I'm thinking something near the first bus pick up (so to be able to get a seat on the bus?). TIA :thumbsup2

I read somewhere that if you have a king bed, then you can not have a water view? Is that correct. I purchased a king bed room, but was going to request waterview..............has any 1 had both????
You can get a king room with a waterview. The 124 king rooms are scattered throughout the resort.

I'm sorry, I don't have photos to post, but we stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside a month ago, and LOVED it. We stayed at Coronado Springs a year ago. We much preferred POR.....the grounds are beautiful, with a winding river running throughout the resort, nice pools, cute rooms, variety of foods to choose from in the food court, boat service to Downtown Disney, just an overall good feel. Coronado was pretty too, but we did NOT like the food court there. The room at Coronado seemed really dark, like being in a cave. Both are very large resorts, but if you don't mind walking, they are fine. POR is located much closer to the things we wanted to do -- close to DT Disney, Epcot, MGM, etc. (but still a bit of a drive/ride to Magic Kingdom). Coronado is way over there by Animal Kingdom, and seemed like a fair distance to everything else, at least for us.

I love your photos!

I am posting a much more in depth trip report over on the trip report/dining boards, but I also wanted to post here solely about our experience at CSR. We were there from 10-13-10/17. Life got busy upon our return, so please excuse the tardiness of this report!

Here is the link to the trip report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=21620068#post21620068
---------------
Here is a little background, I changed resorts from POP to POR and finally to CSR just days before check in! I knew I wanted CSR, but it was difficult to get the FL resident discount until just days before we arrived. CSR is a gorgeous resort. We were so impressed with the grounds and amenities. Check in was super smooth. We even got our requested area in the Cabanas (8B). :wizard: Here is a pic:

20071017DisneyCoronadoSpringsRes-2.jpg

This area is close to the main lobby and the dig site. I think we even lucked out with our standard room, check out the view we got:
20071017DisneyCoronadoSpringsResort.jpg

We lucked out in not getting a parking lot view! Only "ehhh" experience :confused3 was it looked like who ever left before us had gone back to the room after mousekeeping had cleaned. No problem though because one quick phone call and the room was brought back up to snuff. :thumbsup2 While we did not get any towel animals, we did come back to some cute things such as this:

20071016DisneyEpcot27.jpg

We ate breakfast at the Pepper Market. I had read about a lot of people feeling confused by the layout. I have to say, I must agree because during breakfast they do not list the menu items above each section. You have to refer to a menu. I would imagine this is not the case at lunch or dinner, where the food items are clearly written above each section. The food was good, but not the best we had has at the World. However, I do think it was better than the Food Court at POFQ.

The Dig Site was just gorgeous. My only regret was not using the nice sized hot tub after a long day at that park. The slide was also a lot of fun. I was surprised that there were so many lifeguards on duty. I felt very protected!

20071017DisneyCoronadoSpringsRes-3.jpg

Overall, we found the resort to be a wonderful experience. It never felt crowded, the bus service was superb (just like most of you have said--never had to wait for a bus and it was always almost empty). The cast members were friendly, and the resort was clean and well maintained. We definitely liked it more than POFQ and would not hesitate to stay here again in the future. CSR will be our mod of choice.

Here are some other pictures of CSR that I took while there:

20071017DisneyCoronadoSpringsRes-1.jpg

20071014DisneyMGMStudios01.jpg

20071013DisneyCoronadoSpringsRes-1.jpg

20071013DisneyCoronadoSpringsResort.jpg

Lastly, I want to thank Buzz for his excellent CSR thread. All the advice in that thread was super helpful. I felt like a CSR expert before walking on the property for the first time! Thanks! :flower3:

All these pictures are so beautiful! How in the world will I ever be able to wait until our September/October trip?? Wish I could go right now!

We just got back a couple of weeks ago. Do whatever you can not to get into the Ranchos. They are far from PM. If you end up there, it wont be the end of the world, but it is hard to get up there after a long day at the parks. The resort is very nice. DS loved the slide. I loved the hot tub. Pepper Market is good. I enjoyed the food. DH had a hard time with the price but that is his personality. He has a hard time with the price of a lot of things. I would share food with DS. The kid pizza is huge. So you can get a salade and eat a slice or 2. I also got the kid bfast. It is 3 bucks more but you get a full meal plus juice You can put coffee in you refillable mug. DS got the mickey waffles and I ate one of those and he had some of my eggs.

The Rix is a great place to get a snack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter