Coronado Fans-PLEASE POST WITH REVIEWS & RECENT PHOTOS!

2uij39y.jpg

It'll be here before you know it.

You are right Buzz. And I don't want to wish the summer away, but it's been a rough couple of months, and we are really looking forward to getting away. Someone said to me at work that we should go somewhere quiet...that Disney is not restful. I said I didn't need restful...I needed CSR, magic and pixie dust at the happiest place on earth (I started a thread under Countdowns--52 days and counting).

Thanks to all of you for the kind comments on the pictures I posted! It is the first time I've seen them ALL in one place at the same time, so I am enjoying them myself! By the way, we LOVED Coronado Springs and can't wait to go back!

Thanks for sharing your pictures, Alan! I am looking forward to our next trip to CSR and these pictures really made me say AAHHHH, can't wait to get there!

Kathy - I'm right there with you close at about 50 days; we arrive a couple of days before you on 8/30. See you there!

TWENTY-EIGHT DAYS FOR ME!!

Can't wait until I am sitting at the pool sipping frosty drinks. I am so looking forward to my CSR stay.

party:

I finally took the plunge and booked my first on-site stay at Coronado Springs. After reading this thread over the last few days, it looks like I've made the right choice!

Thanks to all of you who took the time to write reviews and post pictures. I'm sure that it has helped many people make or feel more comfortable with their decisions.

party:

I finally took the plunge and booked my first on-site stay at Coronado Springs. After reading this thread over the last few days, it looks like I've made the right choice!

Thanks to all of you who took the time to write reviews and post pictures. I'm sure that it has helped many people make or feel more comfortable with their decisions.
You definitely made the right choice!! Have a great trip!

party:

You won't be sorry, There is a feeling of "Vacation" when
you are at CSR. Have a great time!:woohoo:

party:

Super. Please let us know how you liked it when you get back. 52 days and we'll be there...can't wait.

Those pictures are awesome!! Thanks to all of you for your pictures and posts. Because of threads like this we have decided our Sept 2009 trip (our first WDW vaca in 5 years! :eek: ) we will be staying at CSR. I wish it was THIS Sept! Now, one question.... how am I going to be able to wait that long??!! :faint:

I just got back from my disney vacation yesterday and stayed at the coronado springs resort for the first time...and absolutely loved it !!! :banana: I spent some time planning my trip on these boards reading about the resort and was so impressed with all of the reviews that I was convinced enough to give it a try. I do not regret my decision at all. My wife and I immediately fell in love with the place and plan to vacation there again next november. The staff was great and the cleanliness of the room and grounds was terrific. We loved the food at the pepper market...ate there a lot. We originally booked cabanas 9, but were not thrilled about the room, being that it was a handicap accessible room with an open shower and no tub. We requested a new room and they were more than accomodating to our requests. They put us up in casitas 5 instead and we loved it over there. We were near a small pool, guest laundry, fitness facility, and bus stop #2. This all worked out so much better than being in cabanas...needless to say it was a good move on our part. I highly recommend staying in casitas 3,4, or 5 to utilize bus stop #2 since it is the first to drop off and pick up from the parks. And disney's magical express is well worth the price...it was all great. We can't wait to start planning our next trip...we miss it already. So to wrap this all up...we are now coronado springs fans and definitely plan to return as soon as we can. Thanks for all the great reviews that helped me choose this wonderful resort. Thanks buzz...your site is great!!!

P.S. Francisco's bar by the dig site pool is great and the margarita's are awesome!!!:thumbsup2
Thanks for posting!

Does anyone know if you can still use snack credits on the ddp for the baked goods section of the pepper market? Thanks, Linda :)

I think you can - I KNOW you can use snack credits for the rice crispy treats they sell near the checkout counter and they are wonderful.

My family and I just returned from 3 nights at Corinado Springs. This had been our first time at the resort, but one of many visits to WDW. Overall, it was a decent resort, but not what I am used to for a resort at the World.

1. Check-in - No problems here. The line moved well and we were quickly checked into our room in Rancho 7a.

2. Main Buildings - I liked the theming. The lobby was nice as were the numerous available services.

3. Landscaping and property - Overall great. Loved the many flowering trees and bushes. The property was especially nice at night. The Dig Site was also great. One of the best on the WDW property.

4. Pepper Market - Very good for a food court. My family and I all enjoyed what we ate. We did not eat at the Maya Grill

5. Buses - We never had a problem with buses. A few of the wait times could get as long as 15-20 minutes, but we never found any of them to be out of line. We walked so much during this trip that even if we did have a 20 minute wait, that was probably a good thing for our bodies.

6. The Room - This is where things were dissapointing. The room was dirty. There were small things that you initailly did not call housekeeping on, but after 3 days, they added up to be a big letdown. There were stains on the walls, stains on the floors. Outside the rooms, there was a lot of chipped paint on the walls. Even housekeeping never did a towel animal or something funny with my sons stuffed animal. Each thing wrong with the room, was not a big deal, but the cummulative effect was a big letdown. Especially for a WDW resort. Shame on me for not contacting housekeeping earlier, but it's dissappointing that I would even have to.

I believe I read somewhere that the resort will be going into a major rehab soon. It should have happended a year ago. To make matters worse we also stayed 3 nights in POR during this same trip which we all loved. The room was exactly like what you would expect for a WDW resort thus amplifying the problems of the Corinado Springs room.

It is too bad that we came to this resort prior to a major rehad because there was much to like of this resort. A fresh new room and more attention to room cleaning would make us come back; but not for a long time.
Thanks for sharing!

I am torn between asking for Cabana 9A or Casita 4.

We will be at CSR during the busiest time of the year -> the 2 weeks stradding Easter Sunday:goodvibes
We know WDW is crowded - but we love the FL weather that time of year and our kids have 2 weeks off from school.

We will be paying for a water view.
We do swim in the pool and plan to use the Pepper Market.

DH wants a quiet room:cloud9: . Would Cabana's be better with less rooms in the area (less people to make noise) ?

Teen DS & DD want to be able to walk to the pool without too much trouble and DH want to be close to a bus stop & his AM coffee fix ?
So would Cabana 9A be better ?

My DH is used to Deluxe resort transportation.
Casita's is the first bus stop to the parks.
Then Casita 4 would be better ?

I convinced my DH that we would save $2,000 if we stayed in a moderate.
I also told him the CSR is like a 'deluxe' moderate.

Which building would be better to suit our family ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter