Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
What is the best website to look at Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge? Just 2 adults. We are thinking of taking a few days just to be laid back and relax. I have never checked details on these resorts we have always done the GF or BLT. I thought I read where some have Lake View, Some Fireworks View and some Larger balconies. Do both have hot tubs? Just some random thoughts that are important to us. Thank You

Last edited:
We stayed Copper Creek. We probably could have seen a part of the electrical water pageant from our balcony but always were asleep by then. We loved Copper Creek because it was in the lodge and it is just so grand and majestic. We loved walking in to that lobby every day and it never felt busy or crowded. Never waited on an elevator and never saw anyone else even on our floor. The pools for both are very close to each other. We used them both, just depended on what we wanted at the time. The quieter zero entry was good for the baby but my teen enjoyed the main pool. The hot tub at BR was larger but at the time, wasn’t as hot (it was January, we wanted hot) as the WL hot tub.

BRV is in a separate building from the check in area, CCV is in the main building, the wing to the right when facing the lake. There are no view choices when booking either BRV or CCV, views are offered for the regular WL rooms, non DVC. The balconies for all rooms are basically the same, CCV are converted hotel rooms. BRV studios have a queen bed and a queen Murphy bed (except for the 5th floor, there it’s a pull out) plus a small pull down sleeper under the TV. CCV has a queen bed and a pull out sofa only. You may see some fireworks from a CCV rooms, depending on where your room is located, but again, no fireworks view as a booking category for any DVC room. You *may* see some fireworks from a few of the BRV rooms, but you won’t have a lake view because any rooms that might have a glimpse of fireworks will be on the woods side of BRV. If you look at the regular WL rooms, then you will have options for your view as the are separate booking categories.

We prefer BRV. It was recently renovated and we think they did a great job. It is in a separate building (which we actually prefer), but it is not a great distance away from the main building and the walkway is covered. We have had some luck with obtaining lake views on the higher floors with a decent view of the Electrical Water Pageant at night. But you really can’t lose either way; they are both great choices.

Thank you so much for your help. This is great information for a person like me who is new to the Wilderness Lodge. Can you also rent the cabins as DVC?

I'm not sure what room size you are looking for but there is a great room known as a 2-room studio. I believe it ends in X115 on floors 2 to 7 in the CCV area. My in-laws were lucky to get this room during our stay in 2023.

PXL_20230618_145956729.jpgPXL_20230618_150014548.jpg

We prefer BRV. It was recently renovated and we think they did a great job. It is in a separate building (which we actually prefer), but it is not a great distance away from the main building and the walkway is covered. We have had some luck with obtaining lake views on the higher floors with a decent view of the Electrical Water Pageant at night. But you really can’t lose either way; they are both great choices.
Totally agree on BRV. Have stayed both several times. Love the separateness of BRV walking over the bridge. We stayed with adult kids several years ago and named the lobby The Rotunda and would smile at us from one of the higher floors as we arrived (they were there a day early). So the name Rotunda always stuck and when I hear that name, I smile.
It's peaceful there. The older I get (I'm old...been going since Poly/Contemp opened), I love the peacefulness of areas plus when we used to go in blazing summer, there was nothing like walking into that 'Rotunda' and say "ahhhh".
And yes, Wilderness Lodge itself in absolutely amazing, CCV is lovely (though tinier rooms and no new Murphy bed (adore) and we have had Xmas dinner there 4 years in a row, but there's something calming about BRV.

(I own at BCV/Poly but love Wilderness complex....just too old now (and poor...ha) to buy more points).

Here is a video of the "alternative layout studio" -

Holy Cow, it's wonderful. Never knew existed and I'm sure it's a long shot to ever get, but nice to know it even exists.
Thanks for sending pictures. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing it.
I'm referring to that 2 room studio, though even the alternative layout studio was new to me so did appreciate the video too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter