Contemporary Resort:How is it for couples?

Chicago526

<font color=red>Any dream will do...<br><font colo
The CR wasn't my first choice, but I couldn't get the travel agent rate for either the WL or the Poly. I'm going to keep trying (we aren't going till Dec.) in case someone cancels. But just in case, how did you find the CR for couples? It will be my BF's first trip and I want it to be perfect. We couldn't get a tower room either, just a garden water view.

I've seen coments that the CR is run down and showing it's age. I haven't stayed there in 20 years, but I was at Chef Mickey's last year and the loby still seemed nice. What do y'all think?

depends upon the room - some of the garden rooms are pretty nice - some aren't.

if you have a water view - then that should be fine - you might even be able to see the EWP without leaving your room.

the standard garden view is what you want to avoid - no balcony and not a great view - just the view of the tower.....mother hated it and she love the Cont.

It is not as romantic as the Polyn or the WL - but hey your boyfriend might appreciate that.

You can walk to the MK - however - do you try for BC/YC or BW - I would think those appeal to a male friend more than the MK resorts. Why? they are closer to Epcot and Studios (try walking/boating distance)- more fun rides than the MK has for males.

I've never stayed at the Contemporary so I can't help you out there. You might want to post over on the Resorts Board for some more opinions.

The CR is my and my DH favorite resort, we had a tower room
facing the MK. We love all the restaurants there, and there is
nothing like getting off the monorail and taking the elevator up
to your room. Yes, it's an older resort and the rooms are a little
tacky, but they are very spacious, and everything is so convenient. We stayed at WL last year, it was very nice, but lacking in the restaurant department. The CR has a very nice pool
area also. I'm sure you will love it, but do try and get in the tower.

Everyone is different, but honestly, apart from having some really good restaurants, the CR reminds me of an early 1980's airport terminal. It is probably my least favorite of all the resorts.

The CR is the most adult MK resort (after the GF) precisely BECAUSE it can look at like an airport terminal. That's why I love it. If you're staying in the wings, ask for a "water view," which guarantees you a view of either the pool, marina, or Bay Lake.

I'm staying in June and asked for the Bay Lake view, first floor. There's nothing more romantic than watchign the early morning fog on the lake roll in, while sipping coffee on your patio, believe me.

Thanks everyone! I did check the resorts board for other input but I wanted to check it out here for the "adult" prespective. We booked a standard wing room, and I'll put a request that we have a water or bay view. We're also going to ask at check in for an upgrade to the Tower, and with a little luck they won't charge us the differance. :)

I actually think my BF will like the decor at CR, he loves more modern decorating. I'm more of a "country" style. He'll also love the monorail, that's why I wanted to Poly to begin with. If there are no little kids wanting to, we'll try to ride up front if we can. But if there is a family that wants to go, we will of course let them.

Well, we're thinking of getting AP's, so if AP rates come out for December, maybe we can grab a good rate at the Poly or WL. But if not, I think we'll be okay at the CR.

Originally posted by Chicago526
I actually think my BF will like the decor at CR, he loves more modern decorating. I'm more of a "country" style. He'll also love the monorail, that's why I wanted to Poly to begin with. If there are no little kids wanting to, we'll try to ride up front if we can. But if there is a family that wants to go, we will of course let them.
Don't feel guilty about wanting to ride in the front of the monorail. We did as two adults and had a great time. You don't have to stay at a MK resort to do so either. We caught the monorail at the MK and road in the front on the way to the TTC. If you wait in line like everyone else don't feel guilty about riding up front, there is another monorail coming. They will get there turn. If you let every little kid cut in front of you for every attraction you wont do anything in WDW. Wait in line patiently like everyone else regardless of age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter