• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Connections vouchers and kids' meals

dandave

The more I travel, the more I appreciate coming ho
Hi! With the "Vacation Kingdom" Lunch Vouchers (the sit down lunch), I am very unclear about the kids' vouchers. According to mousesavers, "lunch voucher costs $29.50 for adults or $12.50 for children and is valid for a full meal including appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage".
Let's take Alfredo's in Epcot, for example. Does this mean that for $12.50 that my boys could order an entree off of the kid's menu, then order an appetizer and dessert off of the adult's menu? There are no appetizer's or desserts listed on the kid's menu that I see.
Any info would be appreciated! I'm trying to figure out if this would be a good deal for a couple of late lunches.

Anybody? I may not even have time to order these (we arrive on 12/15), but I'm awfully curious....

Can you join the connectiosn thing for the $1 deal order your vouchers and then cancel before the 30 days is up? Or will they bump your order? I looked at mousesavers but wanst clear on that?

dandave
I called Connections, talked to Jeff #14198. He said you would just order the appetizer and dessert off of the adult's menu. Pretty good deal if you have more than one child to split this between.

poohraedopey,

Yes, you can order your vouchers and cancel before the 30 day trial is up. If you don't then your charged 80.00 for a years membership.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: 19 more days:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

First of all, you DEFINITELY have time to order, they deliver within 1 week....

We did not find ANY of the kids vouchers to be worth the money... We did much better just paying the 6.00 cash for the kids meal!!! I would skip vouchers for children...

We used the quick & casual vouchers at both the Pepper Market & Beaches & Cream & it was a tremendous savings... We also have two of the sit down vouchers & we are undecided where we are going to use those... we leave in 18 days!

I definitely say give Connections a try...

I know that anyone can order off the kids menu in WDW. Can the kids voucher be used by an adult ordering off the kids menu? Has anyone done this?

babyblues68 and chris1gill, Thank you both very much for the info!!

How much are the kids vouchers?

Kids lunch vouchers are $12.50. It says they are for ages 3 - 9. Has anyone used them for a teenager to order off the kids menu?

hi,

I just called connections and got a quote on the price for Crystal palace Breakfast and Luch.......and I got the same quote as Crystal Palace directly. At CP Breakfats is for 16.99 including tax and with Connections it comes out to be $17.99..........same thing for luch.......so i am just wondering how do other people find sasvings with connections.....................AM I MISSING SOMETHING??.......PL HELP!!

There's not much savings with the breakfast vouchers in my opinion but gratuities.

The lunch Vacation Kingdom vouchers are really only good if your eating a full meal including appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. And then some places you can still maybe do better on your own. I do think these are good for the childs price (12.50) if you have more than one child, because they include appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. Two kids could split this if not three little ones, like I have.

The best deal is the Quick and Casual vouchers. You just need to check out the menus to get the best bargain for your buck. 10.50 is one combo meal (entree, side dish and beverage) OR one entree, one side dish (if not included in the entree), one dessert and one non-alcoholic beverage. Some places you could split these meals. For example Beaches and Cream. This is where I'm using mine. The Prime Rib sandwich is 10.95 alone. Then I'm getting the kitchen Sink for desert to split with my family(21.95). All for a 10.50 voucher.

Just keep in mind these vouchers include tax and gratuities too. There is also no s&h on your vouchers from connections. You pay for what you get. Some places you will save alot and some it might only be gratuities, but in my opinion every little bit counts. You just have to study the menus and see whats best for you.

Check out this for the resturants http://www.mousesavers.com/connections.html

Check this for the menus http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm

:bounce: :bounce: 2 more days:bounce: :bounce:

Thanks baby blues...............the weblink helped alot........i just made a reservation for Crystal palace for Lunch..thanks again

Have a great trip

OK, I did it. I got an offer from Mypoints for 200 points and a free $25 GC, if I joined Connections. I joined, went to the website, and ordered 6 Adult Sit-Down Lunch Vouchers and 10 of the Quick and Casual Lunch vouchers.
I am somewhat concerned about just exactly how to use these, though. For the sit-down vouchers, should I tell my server prior to ordering that I am using the vouchers? I plan to share the appetizers and desserts with the kids and just pay for their kids' meals.
For the counter service meals: At Pecos Bill's for example, if you order a burger that comes with fries are you then offered an additional side item along with dessert and beverage? My sister and her family are planning on being at WDW at the same time as we are, and I want to give her a few of these vouchers. I don't want this to be awkward for us or for her.
Has anyone had difficulty using the vouchers?

I would tell my server first so there will be no confussion at the end. And also at that time you can ask for another plate since you will be sharing with your kids.

I don't know about the Peco's Bill question. I was wondering this myself. We're planning on using a couple of vouchers there. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back. I'm leaving today. Can't believe it's finally here.

By the way did you know you Quick and Casual Vouchers are good for lunch or dinner. Just thought I would throw that in. All the stuff I read on these I never noticed til today when I was packing them.

:bounce: :bounce: I'm going to Disney World TODAY!!!:bounce: :bounce:

dandave,

I joined Coonections through MyPoints also but I just wanted to let you know that you don't get the gas card until you have paid your membership fee in full. Something that I didn't know when I joined! I just couldn't see myself paying $80 to get a $25 gas card!

Enjoy your trip!!

BabyBlues68, We're leaving today too!!! Staying offsite for 2 nights, then 12 nights at OKW & then 2 at AKL Concierge... Just can't wait!!!

I don't know the answer to the Pecos Bills question either... Just go through the menu's at www.Wdwig.com & see what makes sense as far as voucher usage...

Well, I'm off to DisneyWorld!! Yippee!!

chris1gill and babyblues68, I hope ya'll have great trips! I'll look forward to hearing about your voucher experiences.

amp078, Hi! I figured there would be a catch with the GC. I have been wanting to try these vouchers anyway. Thanks for the info, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter