Connecting rooms

so I should not trust them when they assured me this weekend that they DO NOT split up a set of parents?

Yeah, that’s not a true statement. There have been plenty of reports here of families split between non-connecting rooms.

Unfortunately, the phone CMs are not the most reliable sources of information. When they don’t know the answer to a question, they’ll sometimes wing it, and that often translates into telling the customer what they want to hear.

so I should not trust them when they assured me this weekend that they DO NOT split up a set of parents?

Yes. Don't trust that statement at all. It does happen.

Unfortunately any time you call a resort, or anyone "at" WDW, you are actually talking to a call center. And they seem to try and guarantee things they shouldn't. Rooms are not assigned until a few days before your trip. And even then "your room" is not truly "your room" until you set foot inside of it.

Disney does not block out rooms as we book them. They have no way of knowing exactly what inventory they will have available when you check in. Anyone telling you your room type is guaranteed is doing you a huge disservice.

Please do not trust this. If there are no connecting rooms available the parents will be separated. If you absolutely cannot deal with this you need to book a room that sleeps the number of people in your party.

I understand that you would like connecting rooms, but your kids are adults so it shouldn't be a deal breaker. Make connecting rooms your only request, and enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter